Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's funny how everyone is freaking out about one game causing Levy to back off on incomings but then are also letting 15 minutes of Bergwijn totally change their view on selling him after being desperate to complete the Ajax deal 10 hours ago.

Thus by definition making him, drum roll please

LIKE A NEW SIGNING :levylol:

It's funny how everyone is freaking out about one game causing Levy to back off on incomings but then are also letting 15 minutes of Bergwijn totally change their view on selling him after being desperate to complete the Ajax deal 10 hours ago.

Well when you deliver the most improbable injury time win in the history of the Premier League, I think it's fair that we rethink where we're at.

It's not like he just had a 7/10 game or something.

Its fucking lunacy and delusion to be honest

After a game where we barely scraped by a battered/shit Leicester team…

Stevie B and Doherty are now good enough to play for any team in the world

Kane is now better than Lewandowski

We are now title contenders

:mourweird:

Well when you deliver the most improbable injury time win in the history of the Premier League, I think it's fair that we rethink where we're at.
Yup, we're still at a place where we have a concrete offer for a player who doesn't really fit Conte's setup and who had 5 goals in 64 appearances all comps before today.

If Steven Bergwijn is our Kane deputy now that's mental, I'm sorry.

Seems a decent bloke. Go succeed at Ajax Stevie. We'll always have Leicester.

Great for Bergwijn, what does it mean for Spurs moving forward?

I think it shouldn't change any plans we had. If Leicester plays competent defense up by a goal I don't think anyone is praising Stevie B for his performance today.

That doesn't take away that he did convert those two goals, but for a club that already ignores the majority of play to focus on small positives from its players, these two goals don't change that he has something like 5 goals in 60-ish games.

The good news is that if he does stay he should have the confidence to potentially help out more, but also he could easily be the guy that most supporters were fine with moving on.

:mourweird:
We had the highest xG for an away team all season. To phrase it that way is pathetic.

No one is claiming any of those ridiculous statements you made. Typical post from you. Really you are such a massive cunt.

We had the highest xG for an away team all season. To phrase it that way is pathetic.

No one is claiming any of those ridiculous statements you made. Typical post from you. Really you are such a massive cunt.
Totally agreed Leicester had something like 9 v our 27 shots. For once we were the team on the forward foot.
I don’t think anyone is getting carried away that this squad of players is good enough by far, but least they are trending in a positive direction. Antonio conte is taking players and making them better.

Battered shit Leicester team?

Only somer clueless internet troll who knew nothing about football would come up with this shit ... Leicester had 21 of their squad available, with arguably just four starters short, those players were fully rested and had trained all week after only previously playing three games since Xmas

We had three starters missing and several players who had barely trained, we were playing our seventh game since Xmas .... yet we managed 27 shots, 10 on target,

This could be the worst piece of trolling ever .... what a twat.

Yup, we're still at a place where we have a concrete offer for a player who doesn't really fit Conte's setup and who had 5 goals in 64 appearances all comps before today.

If Steven Bergwijn is our Kane deputy now that's mental, I'm sorry.

Seems a decent bloke. Go succeed at Ajax Stevie. We'll always have Leicester.
This is a straw man argument, when certain players have improved their performances under Conte, many of us have been pleased but I don't think I've seen a single person say that any of the improved performances mean we don't need additions.

Bergwijn impressing in no way means that we don't need another player to compete with Kane or cover Kane. Same with Winks, Davies, insert player here. The fact that they are helping the team, making discernible contributions towards top 4 is good for the team and club, and I'm happy about it. It doesn't mean I don't think we still need a striker, CM, LCB, etc.

Furthermore, the idea that we need sell Bergwijn for a 10 million pound loss to even be involved in the market is just buying into Levy's bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom