Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What league does Lewandowski play in again? For what team? You plum.

Constatnly smashes it in Champions League.
This season (only group stage played) - 9 goals
Last season (missed 4 out of 10 games)- 5 goals
19/20 - scored 15 and assisted further 6; scored in every single match except for final (which Bayern still won)
18/19 - 8 goals
17/18 - 5 goals
16/17 - 5 goals
15/16 - 9 goals
14/15 - 6 goals and 5 assists
13/14- 6 goals
12/13 - 10 goals
Overall - 102 games in Champions League 82 goals and 24 assists. Goal or assist for every 82 minutes on field.

Why are you asking?

Constatnly smashes it in Champions League.
This season (only group stage played) - 9 goals
Last season (missed 4 out of 10 games)- 5 goals
19/20 - scored 15 and assisted further 6; scored in every single match except for final (which Bayern still won)
18/19 - 8 goals
17/18 - 5 goals
16/17 - 5 goals
15/16 - 9 goals
14/15 - 6 goals and 5 assists
13/14- 6 goals
12/13 - 10 goals
Overall - 102 games in Champions League 82 goals and 24 assists. Goal or assist for every 82 minutes on field.

Why are you asking?

Couldn't give a shit what he does in the Champions League. He plays for a team that regularly makes finals and semi-finals.

The fact is he has never played in a top league in his career, and most of his goals are scored against teams I'd fancy Port Vale to give a decent game to.

He's physically done, honest. 50 year old man, can't even run, needs a zimmerframe etc etc.

God they must feel silly. Skipping past players for fun today, he looks as fresh and physically fit as he has at any point in his entire career.

Wouldn't go quite there just yet.

He had good game, it's clear to see that full week of rest had it's positive impact on his form and physique.
But the sharpness in tight turns and corners that he possessed at his very peak is still not quite back. So I think there is further room to improve.

And unfrtunately his long range efforts yesterday were poor. 5 years ago he would have buried two or at least one of those chances where he had a lot of room.

Really hope he can deliver against Chelscum in similar fashion in the weekend!!

Couldn't give a shit what he does in the Champions League. He plays for a team that regularly makes finals and semi-finals.

The fact is he has never played in a top league in his career, and most of his goals are scored against teams I'd fancy Port Vale to give a decent game to.

Sorry I engaged in discussion with you.

If you don't understand that Champions League is by far strongest league where any footballer can play, then you have no clue of football. Also Bundesliga is not nearly as weak, but well, if you even don't consider Champions League then... yea, whadever. Either totally ignorant or blatantly stupid. Either way - good day to you, sir.

Sorry I engaged in discussion with you.

If you don't understand that Champions League is by far strongest league where any footballer can play, then you have no clue of football. Also Bundesliga is not nearly as weak, but well, if you even don't consider Champions League then... yea, whadever. Either totally ignorant or blatantly stupid. Either way - good day to you, sir.

Lewandowski fanboys always come back with "But he scores X amount of goals in the Champions League" blah blah.

1) He plays for Bayern, who are constantly one of the top 3 teams in the world, and 2) You can also play some bang average to dog shit sides in the Champions League group stages. It's not like you have to play City, Liverpool or PSG every game.

The fact is, and nobody can argue otherwise, Lewandowski has played in a third rate competition most of his career. And before that he played and scored goals in the Polish league, where the goalkeepers are probably full-time milkmen and the defenders work in their local Co-operative's.

If he does leave Bayern he might as well join Fulham and go and rip up the Championship. Why break precedent?

Kid Lewandowski: "What leagues did you score most of your goals in, Daddy? England? Spain? Italy?!

Robert: "Poland and Germany, son."

Kid Lewandowski: "..."

ok GIF

Lewandowski fanboys always come back with "But he scores X amount of goals in the Champions League" blah blah.

1) He plays for Bayern, who are constantly one of the top 3 teams in the world, and 2) You can also play some bang average to dog shit sides in the Champions League group stages. It's not like you have to play City, Liverpool or PSG every game.

The fact is, and nobody can argue otherwise, Lewandowski has played in a third rate competition most of his career. And before that he played and scored goals in the Polish league, where the goalkeepers are probably full-time milkmen and the defenders work in their local Co-operative's.

If he does leave Bayern he might as well join Fulham and go and rip up the Championship. Why break precedent?

these kind of posts one would usually see in retardedcafe.net or the liverpool forum during the transfer window a few years ago when they were never linked to any decent players. I had to check the URL again to see if this was really TFC. what on earth are people smoking nowadays

Kid Lewandowski: "What leagues did you score most of your goals in, Daddy? England? Spain? Italy?!

Robert: "Poland and Germany, son."

Kid Lewandowski: "..."

ok GIF
He’s a great player I think but I also can’t give him a pass on the fact he hasn’t played in other leagues. Would he look as good as Kane over here? I have my doubts.

He’s a great player I think but I also can’t give him a pass on the fact he hasn’t played in other leagues. Would he look as good as Kane over here? I have my doubts.

If he played for either City or Liverpool then I have no doubts that he would. My argument is never that he's not a great player. But for me, Kane scoring 20-30+ goals season after season for us is more impressive than him scoring 30-50 for Bayern when you consider the quality of both teams and the standard of the competitions they both play in.

I am not Lewandowski fanboy. Not even close to it. I just follow more football than only English game. I am emotionally and in every other possible way more attached to Kane. He is one of our own. And he is technically very-very good. He sees passing chances and is able to execute those passes really superbly as well. It is a great asset to have.

It is true that level of opposition varies in CL as well. There are smaller teams than just top 4 from EPL, LaLiga, Bundesliga and Ligue 1. But may I remind that in EPL we also have Norwich, Newcastle and other such wank?!? Across such number of games those differences will even out. It is true that not all games are against Real, PSG and Liverpool, but you cannot keep that kind of scoring ratio up only by scoring against weak teams. Furthermore - I even pointed out that in 19/20 he scored a goal in every single match except the final. That run included scoring 2 against us, 3 goals + 4 assists (!!) against Chelsea, 1 goal + 1 assist against Barca and 1+1 again against Lyon.
If we look at whole of his playing career, he has
26 goals + 3 assists against Dortmund
8 goals against RB Leipzig (that totally dominated us in Europe, if you recall)
6 goals + 1 assist against Real Madrid (8 games)
5 goals against Bayern
4 goals + 4 assists against Woolwich (8 games)
4 goals + 2 assists against Barca (6 games)
3 goals + 5 assists against Chelsea
2 goals against Atletico and Spurs

With 3rd paragraph you are just embarrasing youself. It is true that no one can argue otherwise that Bundesliga is nowhere near third rate league. Only some hillbilly-like brits could be stupid enough to claim that. I mean I love EPL - it's tempo and close games and surprises etc. But Bundesliga is 4th strongest league in Europe according to UEFA's coefficent. It is true that currently other top teams in Bundesliga are not doing very well - RB Leipzig went through large change when Nagelsmann moved from RBL to Bayern, also they lost some key players. Dortmund does have Haaland but as a whole team has not been on the level it used to be like 6 years back.
But there are always fluctuations, if EPL would be so damn superior and so many lightyears ahead of every league, then I'd expect them to win it on yearly basis, right? But then again as recently as 2012-2013 until 2016-2017 there was 5 year period where no English team even made it to the final. And in fact during the same period there were teams in finals from Germany, Spain and Italy. And during the same time Bundesliga's 2nd club Dortmund made it there, La Liga's 3rd team Atletico made it to finals TWICE. Other suspects as usual - Real, Barca, Juventus, Bayern. So based on that period would you say that EPL level was much lower than top 3 teams in La Liga and top 2 teams in Bundesliga? Didn't think so. Right now EPL is in strong position with two out of last 3 seasons final was between English teams. Most likely at some point this tide will turn once more.
99-04 - 0 English teams in CL finals
04-09 - always at least one English team in finals
09-12 - in 2 out of 3 finals EPL was represented
12- 17 - 0 English teams in CL finals
18-21 - English teams in 3 out of 4 finals
Thats how it goes. I wouldn't say that in 12-17 EPL was "3rd rate competition" just because no team made it to final. And now I wouln't similarly say that all other world is shit cause from 18-21 EPL teams have dominated.

I personally don't know what future holds for Lewa. But I believe that it is not out of ordinary that good players play for strong clubs. All I know is that Lewa has been extremely consistent in his performances in both - Europe and in domestic league. He has CL winner title (where as I mentioned - he carried Bayern almost on his own) and 2 FIFA "Best player" awards (+ should have had 1 Ballon d'Or that was not given out that year).

As i said last night,he may not have had his shooting boots on the whole game, but he was our MOTM for me. Though special mention in despatches for bergwijn as well(obviously)
HKs overall game was very good and at times was the most creative player on the pitch.

No he didn't. Kane was the best player on the pitch and it wasn't even close. If you judge players purely by xG metrics or big chances missed, it's pointless even talking about it. He made his own chances and space because every time he picked the ball up he was a menace. He created the game winning goal with a better pass than anything Maddison (a playmaker) came close to coming up with.

Maddison wasn't beating defenders for fun all game, or dictating whilst also spearheading the attack, or manhandling defenders. And what does Son having a 10/10 game have to do with the fact Kane was brilliant today? These straws you're grasping at to hide the fact you and others claimed he was done are getting silly now.

It was a perfect modern CF performance. He was winning his aerial duels against two big, physical centre backs, he was so sharp on the turn all game, embarrassing Soyuncu for the goal. Oh, and he was the best passer of a football on the pitch when Leicester have two highly technical midfielders.

It's the best all round CF performance I've seen from any player this season. I'm not gonna let the fact a shot got cleared off the line and he hit the bar from a header change how good it was, if you wanna look at xG and big chances and decide from that, that's your choice. I'll just enjoy Kane being back to his absolute best and thank god we have him in the team.
He was way better than Maddison between melting yesterday I was genuinely shocked when after Maddisons goal all these posters started saying how wonderful he was and how we should be all over the gooner maggots. We should not we can do better. Way better for the cash City would want.

That's weight of pass for the 3rd goal to Bergwijn was absolutely perfect, reminded me of that pass to Dier against West Ham on the opening day of the season on 2014

Kane was great. Back to his best.

I noticed the increase in pace/energy/strength in the 2nd half against Chelsea too.

We haven't seen this Kane in a long time. He'll soon be banging in hattricks with performances like that.

Back
Top Bottom