LEICESTER CITY VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | WEDNESDAY 19 JANUARY 2022 | 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m still trying to take it all in..Even watching the replays I’m expecting Stevie to miss.

This must be used as the turning point of our season, we could see how together the team was at the end and that team spirit should be utilised going forward.
This is the lift the club needed and will bring nothing but belief.
That dressing room will be buzzing and they will be totally looking forward to the Chelsea game.

Amazing game and even more amazing result, nights like this don’t happen very often so I for one am going to savour it.
I'm still loving the way two of the goals went IN off the post. That doesn't happen to us, does it?

So, hands up who went last night, AND left early??

It's ok, you can be honest... You won't be judged...
We're all friends here!!
:levylol::sonlol::allitongue::contesmile::balescream::sandroscream::mourpointlaugh:

BTW. I'm genuinely interested!

I'm fucking knackered this morning.

Re-watched the entire game last night, and then spent far too long on social media looking at memes of the game, clips, and laughing at comments from Leicester fans on twitter and foxestalk.

Pretty sure I saw 2am before I fell asleep

When the Bottlers score a last min equalizer they do this................

1408819606032_wps_35_Aug_23rd_2014_Liverpool_U.jpg

When Tottenham score a last min equalizer they do this..........

w.jpg

(look at that cunt Schmichel trying to trip up Kane!)

Spurs win. The bottlers draw.

One of the most striking things about these two gaols were they were still out of the Conte playbook, they weren't desperate hoofs up the pitch. It was us winning the ball back from our midblock, then very quick transitioning the ball. The first out to Doherty who had made that same out to in run about 3 or 4 times since coming on (coached - this is what he did at Wolves & in his 1st couple of games for us too). The 2nd is classic Conte verticle quick transition.

The point I'm getting excited about is we trusted the plays they had been working on!! Didn't resort to desperate hoofs but trusted what they have been coached to do right, exemplified in the last goal as the only thing on their minds after equalizing was to win the game, get another goal and do it but by the methods they have been coached to do.

Last edited:
I so very, very nearly closed the laptop down, about 2 mins into injury time. Pretty glad I didn't though....
A perfect example last night of why you don't leave early (or slam your laptop down!!)
I'm sure you weren't the only one who considered it...

Glad for you that you stuck it out til the bittersweet end!!

I just called, to say, Steve Bergwijn!!!
I just called, to say how much I care...
I just called, to say, Steve Bergwijn. .
and I love him from the bottom of my heart!

Last edited:
he also intercepted Tielemans pass and sprinted as fast as he could to support Bergwijn on the 3rd goal.

He was excellent yesterday.

Hojbjerg had the most number of successful passes into the penalty area of any player on the pitch last night...

FJf2lY1XoAM_EcF

FJf2lY3X0AQ6Zjs

Also thought Skip's running was truly exceptional, haven't had the time to pull the numbers but wouldn't surprise me if they top out the team (it was the distances of those runs and the intensity of them that really stood out for me).

And finally Winks, he controlled/dictated the base of our midfield, in finds the pockets to receive the ball better than PEH (upon receiving the ball he shifts his weight or faints to give him just the right amount of time to play the pass) the only time in the game we lacked dominance when he went off, just started to chase the game a bit rather than control it.

Back
Top Bottom