LEICESTER CITY VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | WEDNESDAY 19 JANUARY 2022 | 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of those mornings where you wake up and you have to immediately check the internet to make sure you never dreamed it.

On reflection no idea where the extra time came from, of course Leicester were wasting time but normally the refs just blow anyway.

Also I have to actually Commend John Moss for not issuing a second yellow to Stevie when he ran into the crowd, a bit of common sense refereeing for a change. Still can't stand most refs but credit where its due.

What a game that was, can we now go to Chelsea and get some kind of result? a draw would be great given our record their.

we deserved the victory, but the way we got it, man was flabbergasting
Celebration Sparkling GIF by DreamWorks Spirit

Finally just about calmed down after the match last night! What a great and deserved win, it was an absolute travesty that we were even losing in the first place as we were by far the better team.

That's three last minute goals now if you include the Watford one. Looks as though Conte is really making the players work right up till the end and hopefully his winning mentality will pass onto the players.

That was also Harry Kane's best performance this season, he was unplayable. No one could get near him and he was very unlucky not to score more.

That's three last minute goals now if you include the Watford one. Looks as though Conte is really making the players work right up till the end and hopefully his winning mentality will pass onto the players.
Except against Chelsea in the cup. I really hope it was a lack of priority in the LC rather than the usual Chelsea fear factor.

Hojbjerg had the most number of successful passes into the penalty area of any player on the pitch last night...

FJf2lY1XoAM_EcF

FJf2lY3X0AQ6Zjs

Also thought Skip's running was truly exceptional, haven't had the time to pull the numbers but wouldn't surprise me if they top out the team (it was the distances of those runs and the intensity of them that really stood out for me).

And finally Winks, he controlled/dictated the base of our midfield, in finds the pockets to receive the ball better than PEH (upon receiving the ball he shifts his weight or faints to give him just the right amount of time to play the pass) the only time in the game we lacked dominance when he went off, just started to chase the game a bit rather than control it.
Good post.

Back
Top Bottom