Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch definitely was not here long enough to give up on Ndombele.

Who the fuck knows what was going on with Jose.
I'd always back Poch to get a press resistant midfielder to function well. Probably not so much at PSG because the Club is simply dysfunctional.

I'm convinced that Jose just chucks shit at the wall when it comes to signings, outside of stodgy +6ft central midfielders he just plays a numbers game I think.

Poch definitely was not here long enough to give up on Ndombele.

Who the fuck knows what was going on with Jose.
Either or, it flies in the face of the narrative so many want to push that Levy doesn't back the manager. Its shown that the club actually signed/retained players the managers wanted...when those managers go elsewhere and then try to bring those players over.

Its just that the club didn't sign the players the press claim the manager wants. Like how Poch said, once, that Saha was a nice player...and everyone has spent the past (five?) years acting like Poch was desperate for him but Levy wouldn't pay up.

Its entirely possible, maybe, that no one really knows what the hell is going on inside the club other than those inside the club.

Either or, it flies in the face of the narrative so many want to push that Levy doesn't back the manager. Its shown that the club actually signed/retained players the managers wanted...when those managers go elsewhere and then try to bring those players over.

Its just that the club didn't sign the players the press claim the manager wants. Like how Poch said, once, that Saha was a nice player...and everyone has spent the past (five?) years acting like Poch was desperate for him but Levy wouldn't pay up.

Its entirely possible, maybe, that no one really knows what the hell is going on inside the club other than those inside the club.
I mean I don’t think anyone ever doubted that Poch wanted Ndombele.

Though having said that, given that what internal party was pushing for this or that player is never anything more than pure speculation, I’ve never found that to be a useful argument.

Net spend is black and white. Wages (plus transfer fee amortization, ideally) to turnover is black and white. And our ability to do deals expeditiously is plain for all to see.

Honest question... did either Ndombele or Dele get off the bench to celebrate with the team when Stevie's winning goal went in last night??
If so, good for them, but if not, that's quite telling...

Not a loaded question, as I didn't see them, but it looked such carnage in the away end, it was difficult to pick out who was who...
Anyone there shed any light?

EDIT: Just realised he wasn't even in the squad, was he? D'oh!
Was he even inside the ground?
I’m pretty sure I spotted Dele celebrating with the players , noticed his fancy hair!

Well, can we blame them?

Most people wouldn’t have any clue whether a young guy from the french league is the shit or not.

But paying 60 million for such a relatively unknown player certainly indicates 1) that the pro scouts etc. at the club have done intensive scouting and other due diligence and REALLY liked what they saw, and 2) that our club finally means business.

Alas, here we are.

We can’t fault people for being excited, but I certainly have my doubts as to whether the people who are paid millions to make decisions at this club know what the fuck they’re doing.

:contescrewface:
Nailed it :contekiss:

The latest narrative is that the club likes to pick up players based on future potential rather than current purpose, and regularly gets it wrong more than most.
Looks quite accurate from outside the club, and it looks like those inside the club don't know what's going on either. Bad knowledge informs bad decisions.

I'd like to see Ndombele given another chance. Don't think he's been treated fairly either by Mourinho and Conté subbing him even when he is playing well. He made a bad bit of judgement walking slowly off the pitch when Spurs were losing and got booed but if the manager can talk him round and Ndombele is genuine he is Tottenham's best midfield player so it would harm Spurs to lose him.

After all the money paid Levy would be a fool to sell him cheap but I doubt if many would pay what Tottenham paid (Newcastle should but Eddie Howe is too stupid to know how good Ndombele is).

Back
Top Bottom