January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well there's two parts of a swap deal, right? Scouting the players is one part, but closing on what is a complex multiparty negotiation is another part. As to the second part it seems Paratici is quite brilliant.

Veretout has exactly the qualities we're missing, proper midfielder with passing range and some goals in him that's also a good free kick taker. He's broken into a loaded France midfield for a reason.

Soon to be 29, but if binning off Ndombele represents some of the fee? That's a brilliant move for me.

And sign Kessie too, why not? Auction off Hojbjerg in the summer, problem solved.

I think we need to not be scared of signing older players. The quality and experience factor is always underrated.

Dele qualifies for this as well.

Seemingly pleasant, cheerful fellas both, but neither seems to care at all that their football career is passing them by.
Agreed. Despite fan frustrations with Ndombele, it sounds like he's popular enough in the dressing room and gets along with everyone. Perhaps his initial French-speaking clique of he, Sissoko, and Aurier being just him now hasn't helped his desire to stay and prove himself.

I don't think either of them stagnating so clearly will be a help though, even if they have no impact on squad harmony.

The Bergjwin issues has always been that he has been unhappy with his role - having mostly been played on the right wing.

He prefers to play on the attacking left. He has no interest in converting to a wing back.

So that leaves him as backup to Son - which really limits the minutes he is likely to get in the big games.
Limits his minutes? He only needs 45 seconds per goal.

The Bergjwin issues has always been that he has been unhappy with his role - having mostly been played on the right wing.

He prefers to play on the attacking left. He has no interest in converting to a wing back.

So that leaves him as backup to Son - which really limits the minutes he is likely to get in the big games.
Son should not be a sure fire starter. Yes he should start a lot of games but when he is in a poor stretch (which has been a lot lately) he should be rotated occasionally. Let him rest and make other teams adjust for something different. He’s 29 and not getting younger.

If we aren’t in a game where son can get 2-3 shooting chances, he provides very little. He hasn’t recovered his pace since his last hamstring injury. If he never gets that pace back, he should just be used as a poacher because his ball control and link up play has always been weak and his crossing is dependent on pace.

Automatically starting certain players every game regardless of form is bad for morale. It sends the message that you don’t have to perform to start and keeps deserving players from getting chances and developing.

Even if we can’t work out a swap, let PSG have him on loan. Just get rid. Addition by subtraction.
Terminate his contract and drop him off at the nearest Dunkin Donuts!
Danny Trejo Eating GIF by Remezcla

Im saying Bergwin in the hole as the number 10. We need a third name who can score and create. Clearly Bergwin has equal or better capacity at that then Moura (I'm just going to ignore the rest, as we should be doing at this point).
I’m not sure about Berg over Moura in the 10. Seems more of a finisher or wide player to me. I’m wondering if Conte might mix up playing 2 or 3 up too depending on who the opposition is. With a 2 you pick from Berg, Son or Kane depending on fitness/rotation but keep Moura in the 10. With a 3, any combo of Moura, Son or Berg wide of Kane. Or even Berg in the middle of Kane needs a rest

Having a £15m bid for Traore rejected tells you everything you need to know about our level of ambition. Are we really going to be in for the likes of Vlahic?

“£6m and a KFC family bucket, I can’t say fairer than that…”

:levylol:

Having a £15m bid for Traore rejected tells you everything you need to know about our level of ambition. Are we really going to be in for the likes of Vlahic?

“£6m and a KFC family bucket, I can’t say fairer than that…”

:levylol:
That is why as fans we have to savour moments like Wednesday nights drama even though we wasn't playing for high stakes because this club doesn't get involved in winning prizes.
As for transfers the expectation level has to be low surely nobody is expecting Conte to be backed with top class talent it's not the spurs way.

Basically the only thing that excites me about potentially signing Adama is that new bodies, with fresh attitudes and new perspectives can really do wonders to break cycles of negativity and complacency.

Negativity is infectious and poisonous. Positivity is also infectious and poisonous (in a good way). Team morale in any setting is incredibly sensitive to both new and old personalities.

What excites me is that he can drive the ball up pitch over and over and over allowing us to play there. We've all been watching uncomfortably as we get pushed back by the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool. He can be the player that negates them, at least down one side.
I'm excited that he'll bring a little bit of excitement in that style of play too. He'll get fans off their seats.

It’s highly likely that a first bid, regardless of size is to be rejected. Wolves have clearly leaked this to the media to try and drum up interest. That being said, if we’ve spoken to the player and he’s keen, it’s unlikely he’ll want another team and will predictably make waves to push the move through. Expect this to happen for £19m. Basically so wolves don’t make a loss and save face. Like others have said, maybe it will be £17m+CL qualification money if we get top 4 (£3m).

the fact we’ve now officially bid makes me certain we will sign him

Any average scout could have seen AWB had very limited attacking ability.

There are top talents that don’t work out, but most people I know thought AWB at that price was an absolute stretch.
That was what everyone said at the time. Good defending but limited going forward. I suppose the idea was he could be coached into that role but with their shit coaches in that time he's never had a chance to flourish.
Utd wanting a shiny new toy and all that.

Back
Top Bottom