CHELSEA VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | SUNDAY 23 JANUARY 2022 | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A tricky weekend. Drop points in this game, and by Monday we could be in 7th (albeit with games in hand).
Who cares? Plenty of games to go and we are in a good position regardless of Sundays result.

Of course I want to get a result, but we shouldn’t overreact to one result barring a major catastrophe.

Just play like we did first half v Leicester and I think most people would be happy. Rather than placid and sit back football we’ve played v them in last 3 seasons. Give them a bloody game for once!

The thing about Chelsea away is that near enough every Spurs fan looks to it with pure fear. Doesn't matter how well we're playing

I'm not entirely sure they are, pound for pound. What they do have, is no matter how shite they may be at any given time, is a mentality that they must up their game against Spurs, for whatever reason.

I think in all the 30 odd years I've been watching Spurs, you'd need only a hand at best to count the times they've not 'turned up' against us. Or perhaps it is a mentality issue with us, I don't know.

We used to have similar problems with Manchester United and Woolwich, and still do to a great extent with Liverpool.

Now, we win our fair share against United and Woolwich, but can't seem to shake it off with Chelsea. It makes me cry.
It maybe a case of both because we have this issue with both Woolwich and west ham with the latter often in relegation zone but all of them raise their game against us which often we struggle to deal with their approach.

Expected line-up:

-------------------Lloris-------------------
----Tanganga---Sanchez---Davies----
--Doherty--Skipp--Hojberg--Reggy--
-------Bergwijn---Kane---Lucas-------

Would be fun to see Rodon play or Romero to comeback, but its not expected.
Could be well 3-5-2 again, but this time I think Lucas place is at risk. Doherty and Bergwijn definetely starts, they earned it.
I hope he goes 3 in midfield again, especially as we know PEH won’t be dropped and 2 seems to leave us exposed against decent teams. As much as Berg made a massive difference, I would think only change from Leicester would be Doc replacing Royal, but Berg to come on much earlier as working way back into match fitness

Brighton don't have players as good as their but they outplayed them in both matches, it' s not about ability, it's about mentality.
A lot of Brighton players are very underrated. But main thing is they stick to a way of playing regardless of who they are against. Their wing backs are very good and both would get in our 11, and I would take Webster, Dunk and Bissouma in our first 11, possibly Mpeku as well

A lot of Brighton players are very underrated. But main thing is they stick to a way of playing regardless of who they are against. Their wing backs are very good and both would get in our 11, and I would take Webster, Dunk and Bissouma in our first 11, possibly Mpeku as well
With all due respect, you’re basically saying that 6 of their starting XI would start in ours, and I just don’t agree with that

With all due respect, you’re basically saying that 6 of their starting XI would start in ours, and I just don’t agree with that

Our fans are always guilty of overating opposition players and underating ours, someone said the other day that a depleted Leicester side is better than a near full strength Spurs side, mental :D

2 wing backs and bissouma strengthen our team. Thats it.
If you stick to a way of playing you get found out. Liverpool and city can because they have the quality players. You need to be able to change it up.

After the Leicester game Conte was a bit more vague about whether any of the injured players could return for this one, so maybe there is a chance for Dier or Romero to be involved.

This is a good time to play Chelsea though, they look very tired. We just have to play without fear, there is nothing to be afraid of. If Brighton could take the game to them and get a result why can't we?

After the Leicester game Conte was a bit more vague about whether any of the injured players could return for this one, so maybe there is a chance for Dier or Romero to be involved.

This is a good time to play Chelsea though, they look very tired. We just have to play without fear, there is nothing to be afraid of. If Brighton could take the game to them and get a result why can't we?
I remember Tuchel saying he would be giving his players 2 days off before the game on Sunday, so perhaps a little rejuvenated.

Dier and/or Romero back would be a huge bonus, but I think it needs to be done steadily for Romero with it being a long absence. If he's been playing regularly in training and joining in then I'm confident Conte will make the correct decision.

Back
Top Bottom