January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is possible he didn't convey what he meant very well there.

IE, you don't know who is going to become available in January, ergo, you can't plan who you're going to buy. And you also can't plan who else is going to be in for those players to work out if you have a chance.
On top of all that, you have non stop media pressure and pathetic fans crying on forums all day every day with NFI what really goes on.

Last edited:

I have to say that for all the grief Hitchen gets and especially over these words he came out with, I can't help but agree with him over the January Transfer window.

There is rarely any easy or obvious business to make, its usually knee jerk reactions or desperation buys because the summer one didn't go to plan or the season is going badly. And it seems increasingly the players that we want to buy don't want to move until the summer when they see where the club has finished the season (in or out of European competition).

And the prices are inflated.

Last edited:
I have to say that for all the grief Hitchen gets and especially over these words he came out with, I can't help but agree with him over the January Transfer window.

There is rarely any easy or obvious business to make, its usually knee jerk reactions or desperation buys because the summer one didn't go to plan or the season is going badly. And it seems increasingly the players that we want to buy don't want to move until the summer when they see where the club has finished the season (in or out of European competition).

People see Watford signing 17 completely fucking nobodies in a desperate attempt to stay up, or Wolves being used as a nursing ground for hit-and-hope Portuguese players, or Stevie Gerrard signing his mate, and think we should be doing the same.

Could you stop trolling please, we don't do common sense or rationale thinking in here.

It is possible he didn't convey what he meant very well there.

IE, you don't know who is going to become available in January, ergo, you can't plan who you're going to buy. And you also can't plan who else is going to be in for those players to work out if you have a chance.
On top of all that, you have non stop media pressure and pathetic fans crying on forums all day every day with NFI what really goes on.
I agree with you on this. The "I hate it " is taken out of context so many times.

In the January window you have 1 month give or take to replace any players you sell. Add to that you are having to deal with injuries/absences within the squad, games coming thick and fast and player requests. At least in the summer you have minimum a few months to get things in order, whilst players are on a break/preseason training, and you have a longer time to replace and get deals completed.

I agree with you on this. The "I hate it " is taken out of context so many times.

In the January window you have 1 month give or take to replace any players you sell. Add to that you are having to deal with injuries/absences within the squad, games coming thick and fast and player requests. At least in the summer you have minimum a few months to get things in order, whilst players are on a break/preseason training, and you have a longer time to replace and get deals completed.
I wasn't going to watch it, but all this consideration of how things can be blown out of proportion makes me feel like the goon's doc is going to be an absolute treasure trove of schadenfreude.

a7DFZ0V.png

'the profile of the club has increased so much... the players you can attract now are miles away from where they were five years ago.'

Five years before:

lNZYUr9.png

eQ7iNYe.png

And the prices are inflated.
Same.
If a fan said it, we'd all be nodding our heads. It's a shit transfer window,but needs must

Back
Top Bottom