CHELSEA VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | SUNDAY 23 JANUARY 2022 | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2 wing backs and bissouma strengthen our team. Thats it.
If you stick to a way of playing you get found out. Liverpool and city can because they have the quality players. You need to be able to change it up.
Don't think it is strictly true about City. They do have a way to play, and they do tend to stick to it but they are more than capable of changing their approach during games if it isn't working. They like to pass in pretty patterns and rely on plenty of movement but equally they'll go long when they need to, play in the corners doing the dirty stuff etc.

Liverpool will still win more than they lose because they have better players than most of the league but they are so rigid in their approach that in some cases they've been, for want of a better phrase, been 'found out' and that's why success with their style is not sustainable over a longer period. City, love or loathe them, are on course to continue to their domination, not least because they have very good players, but because they know there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Don't think it is strictly true about City. They do have a way to play, and they do tend to stick to it but they are more than capable of changing their approach during games if it isn't working. They like to pass in pretty patterns and rely on plenty of movement but equally they'll go long when they need to, play in the corners doing the dirty stuff etc.

Liverpool will still win more than they lose because they have better players than most of the league but they are so rigid in their approach that in some cases they've been, for want of a better phrase, been 'found out' and that's why success with their style is not sustainable over a longer period. City, love or loathe them, are on course to continue to their domination, not least because they have very good players, but because they know there's more than one way to skin a cat.
I think Liverpool's approach is sustainable, but they're up against a historically good team/manager/squad in City. Probably needed to be a bit smarter about having a better rotation for Mane and Salah, and should have brought in another midfielder last summer. I don't think it's the rigidity of their approach that costs them, it's that City can keep all of their attackers fresh over the season and Liverpool have to play Salah and Mane for 90mins every game they're available.

3?

Think it's 1 - the one about 3 year ago when Eriksen scored a screamer and Dele got 2.
And Conte was their coach.
That's what I was thinking. We've drawn a few but that's the only win I can remember there in at least 30 years.

We've been close many times but something always happened, like bottling it, a terrible decision or a ghost goal. We've seen the whole repertoire over the years at that dump.

That's what I was thinking. We've drawn a few but that's the only win I can remember there in at least 30 years.

We've been close many times but something always happened, like bottling it, a terrible decision or a ghost goal. We've seen the whole repertoire over the years at that dump.

I reckon he's seen the 2008 league cup final on a list, which was obviously Wembley, not Stamford Bridge.

Last edited:
E5-DEB8-BF-87-E8-4948-96-FD-49-FEB23-ECFB7.jpg

why they are lovable little tykes are they not………o_O
What does that image tell you about that obnoxious twat doing that in front of an impressionable young kid. Sums them up!

Bergwijn has to start this one now, hopefully Romero and Dier can both start.

Royal is fuckin pants so I'm having Doherty RWB and Reggie left.

Hojberg, Skipp and Winksy MF. Berg and Kane Upfront

---------------------UGO
DOC---ROM--DIER--DAVIES---REGGIE
-------------SKIPP------HOJ
-----------------WINKSY
-----------------------BERG
--------------------KANE

Let's be having ya

I've watched their last few matches and they've been pretty pants including the 2nd leg against us, the only thing that can beat us is us, if we lose this in our head before the match then they will beat us, stand up and be counted Spurs.

Agree. We played poorly in the first leg, but let’s be honest. They were gifted two goals.

Bergwijn has to start this one now, hopefully Romero and Dier can both start.

Royal is fuckin pants so I'm having Doherty RWB and Reggie left.

Hojberg, Skipp and Winksy MF. Berg and Kane Upfront

---------------------UGO
DOC---ROM--DIER--DAVIES---REGGIE
-------------SKIPP------HOJ
-----------------WINKSY
-----------------------BERG
--------------------KANE

Let's be having ya

I like how Winksy has been playing under Conte. A pivot holding. That’s the perfect role for him.

3 wins at Stamford Bridge since 1990

We win there roughly once a decade

:pochcry:

3?

Think it's 1 - the one about 3 year ago when Eriksen scored a screamer and Dele got 2.
And Conte was their coach.
Yeah it's only one at Chelsea, the 3-1 . The others were at Wembley: 1 in the league and 2 League Cup games.

They're our worst record against any English team in the last 30+ years, surely. Not a single win, anywhere, between 1990 and the 2002 League Cup 5-1.

What does that image tell you about that obnoxious twat doing that in front of an impressionable young kid. Sums them up!

Yeah it's only one at Chelsea, the 3-1 . The others were at Wembley: 1 in the league and 2 League Cup games.

They're our worst record against any English team in the last 30+ years, surely. Not a single win, anywhere, between 1990 and the 2002 League Cup 5-1.

We have won 1 game in all competitions against them at Stamford Bridge since the D1 game in 1990
That 1 win was this:

We haven't won a single game in any competition other than that 1 game right there, which was 28 years in the making.

We have won 1 game in all competitions against them at Stamford Bridge since the D1 game in 1990
That 1 win was this:

We haven't won a single game in any competition other than that 1 game right there, which was 28 years in the making.
Let’s hope for a change of fortune at the weekend then. It would make it all the much sweeter to put one over those obnoxious scumbags

Whilst there have been many many games where Chelsea have simply walked all over us at the Bridge in those 30 odd years, there were a good few where we deserved something, only for it to be snatched.

2-0 up in the battle of the bridge
3-1 up in an FA Cup game
I have a recollection of leading into the final stages then them equalising with an absolute worldie, but I can't find the game anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom