January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

January 2022

Nothing

Nothing

Nothing

Nothing

Nothing

Working Fred Willard GIF
Cat GIF
Stressed Spongebob Squarepants GIF

I see Patrick Roberts has signed for Sunderland. Remember him?
A great example a promising youth player going on to do absolutely nothing. 19 games for Fulham then a £12m move to City. 1 game for them before years of loans. The best part of his career was at Celtic when they were the only team in the league before dropping back to the lower leagues.

When people piss their pants because we don't promote all our youth, this is why.

Spurs for Diego Carlos rumours now gathering pace.
I guessed it was us when it was said another team was in for him.
is he an good

we have a shit record with brazilian players

Jose
I find it so strange that the two clubs the media are touting to be interested in N'dombele, have our ex managers in charge that couldn't get a tune out of the lazy bastard...

Tbf Jose had Ndombele playing the best he played for us. He even looked decent some games

Maybe think in a much slower/poorer league he will do a job I'd assume

Spurs for Diego Carlos rumours now gathering pace.
I guessed it was us when it was said another team was in for him.
He is not what we need in my humble he's basically very much a Romero clone. Unless you were right and we still could cancel that deal(we cant) I genuinely do not get it. Maybe we are flogging Sanchez?

I find it odd if it is a loan deal because AC Milan have 3 guys who would be ahead of him at CB= Kjaer, Tomori and Romagnoli- so he is unlikely to get much playing time with the first team. They are out of Europe so no games for him to get there. They are in the QF's of Super Coppa so maybe some games there but even that is unlikely. And it is a different league so you have to question if the game time he does get is as valuable as it would be playing in England.

If it is a sale I get it because that obviously means we don't see him in our plans, I don't get it from a HG and especially club trained perspective as we have few right now and nobody ready to step up, and for AC they get a young player that can play CB or RB for them.
It’s not about HG numbers, you get a maximum of 17 foreign players, we have 13 for PL. Selling Tanganga has no impact on our squad size for the rest of the season. We have problems in Europe because the Welsh count as foreign there.

It’s not about HG numbers, you get a maximum of 17 foreign players, we have 13 for PL. Selling Tanganga has no impact on our squad size for the rest of the season. We have problems in Europe because the Welsh count as foreign there.

I think that HG can be overblown especially if you have a strong team and can fill the squad out with youth players that don't have to play anyways.

But with us likely losing Alli, Kane still at risk of going and Winks being far from a good player. We are left with Skipp, Whiteman and Tanganga as the only club trained players we are looking at going forward. I wouldn't have it stop a move if a good move comes in but getting rid of Tanganga and down grading the position as well as hurting our HG quota doesn't make a ton of sense.

Back
Top Bottom