CHELSEA VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | SUNDAY 23 JANUARY 2022 | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've forgotten all about ending 4th at the end of the season.

I think our realistic achievement is Europa cup positions.
We are two points out of 4th with three games in hand on the team that occupies 4th.

The top 4 race is going to go deep and we are very much involved.

Woolwich, United and West Ham are our rivals and all of them have just as many issues as we have.

Its getting close now the traore deal. Levy is haggling with wolves on 1p but should be done.
If he'd have just paid the money a few days ago he might have played today. Not saying that's a game changer but leaving it late yet again means new players take time to settle. Why can't we just do business earlier

That is true but some on here think it’s great you can’t criticise conte. The team selection formation and tactics any other manger and they would be slaughtered.
Exactly. All of these melts here who take great offense to anyone criticizing Conte. Even though he got it all wrong today. He should changed things up at half and did nothing till it was too late at 0-2.

If he was available today how would that have changed the approach? We would have still played the sane tactics.
Not sure about the intended approach, but it would definitely have got us up the pitch much more in the first half, especially given that we didn't have Lucas to run at them. AS I've said all along, Traore will be of little use against lower half cannon fodder who sit in deep and defend - he will however be a huge asset against sides like Chelsea who tend to dominate possession against us and pin us back. Not to mention the 'aggressive' style to their play - do you think Traore is going to get knocked off the ball so easily and not give a bit back? End product may be lacking - let's be honest, it definitely is - but he would have been a huge asset today in my opinion.

Last edited:
Hugo looked like a tennis player that is SO sure the ball is going out that he doesn't bother stretching. Error in judgement. He followed that up with a brilliant save. I can't say that I am surprised we lost. Let's move on. The battle for fourth is well within our grasp.

I can take the fact that Chelsea are a financially doped club

I can take that that enables them to buy the best players

I can take that those players will inevitably be better than our players and will most probably beat us more than we beat them.

What I can't take is the fact that yet again we haven't even put up a fight against them....... Today when they were at their most vulnerable, we just laid down and invited them in with little to no resistance.

We practically bent over for them.

There are no warriors in this team and it's about as far removed from the days of Eriksen, Demebele, Vertonghen and Toby as you can possibly get.

Where's the heart? Where's the Spirit?

Even the desk crew on Peacock making Daniel Levy jokes ...
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

It's such lazy commentary to say, "you should play more on the front foot", like it's a choice you can easily make and it is independent of the opposition.

Conte said Skipp, Moura, and Reggie weren't fit to start, naturally that hampered our offensive possibilities. Should we have played Lo Celso and Dele instead? What would that reaction have been like?

We played to nick the game and had a decent chance if that Kane goal stands. If we had full selection possibilities available, I'd be more willing to question it. But I don't think that's an 11 Conte would choose if he didn't have to.

Needed a big slice of luck to get something from Stamford Bridge and as soon as the ref fucked us in the first half it was always going to be the nail in the coffin for a sure thing loss. Games always swing on those kind of moments.

Tragically outplayed and outgunned against a stacked Chelsea team is frustrating, but more frustrating is having to play the cunts 3 times in 3 weeks and having the same shit to endure each time. At least we didn't gift them any comically shite goals this time, but a wonderstrike and a fucking set piece again and it's just a real bitter fucking feeling.

Fuck Chelsea, fuck their oil money, fuck their fans and fuck that ref in his ass.

Exactly. All of these melts here who take great offense to anyone criticizing Conte. Even though he got it all wrong today. He should changed things up at half and did nothing till it was too late at 0-2.
Nothing needed to be changed at half time. It was comfortable and we had a goal ruled out. Tanganga off was all that was needed at the time

Probably because it's the same shit, different day.
It’s every time we play them there (2018 being the notable exception)
Even when we were better than them in the Poch prime era, we struggled with them.
Similar to the Scousers. We usually don’t turn up against them historically.
It’s a shit mindset and one that needs to change alongside some of the personnel who look beaten against the chavs before a ball is kicked.

Trying to be positive, away in North Putney isn't a game that defines our season unfortunately, You mentally cross those games off when the fixtures are announced. Nor are Chelsea, as things stand, a team that will define our season here on in.

Arsen@l, West Ham, United, Wolves even yes.

Many a slip twixt cup and lip as my mum used to say. Keep our eyes on the prize, 4th and an outside shot at the FA Cup.

Oh, and Joe Lewis, I know you're reading this. Be a mensch, stop schnorring and dig deep. You can't take it with you mate.

I can take the fact that Chelsea are a financially doped club

I can take that that enables them to buy the best players

I can take that those players will inevitably be better than our players and will most probably beat us more than we beat them.

What I can't take is the fact that yet again we haven't even put up a fight against them....... Today when they were at their most vulnerable, we just laid down and invited them in with little to no resistance.

We practically bent over for them.

There are no warriors in this team and it's about as far removed from the days of Eriksen, Demebele, Vertonghen and Toby as you can possibly get.

Where's the heart? Where's the Spirit?
Absolutely.

We just bend over and take it up the shitter every time we go there, and its getting the same way at Emirates in recent years as well.

I have 100% faith in Conte though, if he gets players he wants this window and again in the summer he will slap this weakness out of us. I'm sure of it.

We were beaten by a team that was built with immoral monies. It happens and we don’t have an owner who is prepared to have 300m on the bench.. they are only where they are because of dirty money it’s a thing nowadays.

Chelsea are not a great football club they are a paid for institution.
There is no soul in that club . it is embarrassing how they bought trophies but was his to their own I guess.
Agree but it still bloody hurts , doesn’t it. Bloody hate them

Back
Top Bottom