January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We 100% need players in but they haven’t played a role this season. So it doesn’t matter if they go.
Well we'd have dropped 2 points vs Newcastle if ndombele hadnt scored then and lost vs Liverpool if he hadnt assisted . So 3 points in total.
Dele scored the only goal vs wolves. So affects 2 points as well.
Locelso hasnt done anything that affects the scores at all.

Still 5 points is 5 points.

Not like Winks or Skipp would have scored or assisted much. They have 1 league assist between them all season. We do need to replace the first 3 if they leave. The leftover CMs skipp , winks and peh are obviously not good enough.

His behaviour in trying to get cheap deals by leaving it late.
Trying to simultaneously squeeze big bucks for our players.
Some truly shocking manager appointments.
The covid contriversies
The list goes on and on

For me the biggest embarassing thing that levy does is charging one of the highest ticket prices in world football (if not the highest) for a team thats obviously not good enough to be one of the top 2. It smacks of religious/cult leaders taking advantage of believers.

In no other business can you get away with charging elite level prices while delivering a mediocre product.

For me the biggest embarassing thing that levy does is charging one of the highest ticket prices in world football (if not the highest) for a team thats obviously not good enough to be one of the top 2. It smacks of religious/cult leaders taking advantage of believers.

In no other business can you get away with charging elite level prices while delivering a mediocre product.
PPE during a pandemic, so we really are in great company in our exploiting of a situation.

Cinema food. Train food. Prison cigarettes.

Captive audience. He knows it.

I totally understand the need to negotiate the best possible deal, but there's a balance to be had. I'm seriously concerned, we were in a very good position for fourth, it's still in our sights but not so clear now.

The main sentiment on here, is Conte is the best coach we've had in a very long time, so understandably we don't want him to go. But I just don't have any confidence with our transfer tactics, both negotiating and identifying talent. Conte needs to be enthused by the signings, not dejected.

His behaviour in trying to get cheap deals by leaving it late.
Trying to simultaneously squeeze big bucks for our players.
Some truly shocking manager appointments.
The covid contriversies
The list goes on and on
+ ESL
+ ticket pricing
+ willingness to invest in real estate but not playing staff

theres loads more im sure people will be happy to add

Of course not, that would make too much sense and would improve us. Let's go sign a waste of space like Amrabat instead because that makes sense for the glorified accountant. This fucking club will be the end of me.

Why don't we change the name to Tottenham Hotspur Real Estate already? It would at least make me not care as much...

Of course not, that would make too much sense and would improve us. Let's go sign a waste of space like Amrabat instead because that makes sense for the glorified accountant. This fucking club will be the end of me.

Why don't we change the name to Tottenham Hotspur Real Estate already? It would at least make me not care as much...

This, very much this. We need a leader, a winner, someone with multiple skillsets in the centre of the park and Wijnaldum fits the bill perfectly. Problem is hes the wrong side of 30 so thats an ENIC no-no

Wijnaldum is a nice idea but why would he leave PSG to come here? He went there to win some easy medals not to suffer for a Europa League position.

I bet if we really pushed we would get him but why would Levy push for a 30 year old on a high salary? The most important thing for Levy in January is that the player is cheap. How good they are doesn't matter.

No need to bother guessing anymore, I've just got back in my Delorean.

We'll make a gallant, brave effort to sign Traore but leak to the press that we just couldn't meet Wolves on the last £10 they wanted. We also refused to pay his train fare down from Wolverhampton.

We'll then sign some non-entity from Serie B on loan and announce him as the next big thing. He won't start a single match.

Conte will go mental and resign at half time while we trail 3-0 to Brighton in the FA Cup 4th Round.

Ryan Mason will guide us to a comfortable Top Seven finish, giving us that coveted second crack at the Europa Conference which was cruelly taken from us by UEFA Covid the first time round.

The ST renewals will give our Daniel a fright

Poch, recently sacked by PSG comes home. Levy releases a new video promising a new dawn

ST renewals pick up

Kane gets sold to Newcastle for £60m.

Levy signs up free agent Jermaine Defoe.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Back
Top Bottom