Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AVB and Baldini were suitably impressed. Who's the current equivalent?

I'm talking more about after he flopped here and we needed to get rid. Once people saw his real level in the PL no other European club would take him. China was the only option which is obviously impossible these days. I suppose Barca used him to launder some money later on but that was about it.

I wish the club listened to me in the first half of the 19/20 season when I said we should send him back rather than make his move permanent.

Saw this exact scenario playing out in early days.

Not sure he is in the Dele/Ndombele bucket in Conte's mind, i.e. worthless for his system.

I think this one is club driven going be Conte's comments.

I think he would have been happy to use Gio as a squad option until the end of the season but maybe has been told he's being used as a makeweight in another deal. The Sevilla links could make sense with regards to a swap deal for Carlos.

Gio's Argentina performances probably mean he is still viewed favourably in Spain/Italy whereas Dele and Ndombele are just non-entities/too risky/too expensive.

On the basis he is in South America, it will be difficult to sell/loan him this next week. Even with modern comms and doctors abroad it will be difficult. I think Ndombele & Dele are much more likely to go.

I don't get how he's still getting minutes for Argentina. He barely plays for us, and when he does it's not really memorable either.

He gets minutes for Argentina because he is good for them and fits in with the players they have. He is smart so is able to find the players they have when they move well off the ball, something we are horrible at and he is very good and the quick passes with those guys, again something we are terrible at.

Most will likely say it is easy to play with good players but I think the way he plays suits it better than a lot of others. I don't think Winks, PEH and even Skipp would have that kind of success or fit as well if it were them in GLC's spot.

But for us it doesn't matter much because lately he hasn't done that for us like he did earlier in his career and even if he did he is rarely available to play or it seems wanted by Conte.

In terms of value for money he is certainly the second worst, behind Ndombele.

He is a £50m replacement for Eriksen who has scored one league goal in 2.5 years. A total failure by every metric. He is never fit, he never scores, he never assists. He is not even Nacer Chadli level. £50m for one goal.

Dele cost £5m and scored 30+ goals in his first 2.5 years. We paid 10x more than we did for Dele and got 1/30th of the goals for our money.

I assume they mean amongst the management because when we see those BBQ/Christmas party/Vacation pics he seems to be at all those.

Maybe he just invites himself.
He is tight with Romero and Lamela but Erik Lamela was a brilliant bridge between the South Americans and Europeans. When he left a bit of that cohesion went with him. Eric Deir is massively important he is a real bolt between the Brazilian and European players respected by all, very close to Davinson and helps everyone Emerson being the latest. Locelso is a knob he can't go quick enough. He came for Poch as did Tanguy but Tanguy for all his issues is just a better man. Locelso has attitude with folks he considers functionaries

Seriously who comes up with this insider shit?

'Tottenham midfielder Giovanni Lo Celso has no friends and sings songs from Annie in a monotone to annoy Antonio Conte'

'Tottenham midfielder Giovanni Lo Celso's name translated means Fred And Rose West.

'Tottenham midfielder Giovanni Lo Celso sacrifices chickens at a Nazi rally in Spalding, Lincolnshire'

He's been pants for us but just let him evaporate gracefully so we can forget he was ever here.

Back
Top Bottom