Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Playing devils advocate here. But I wonder if Ndombele is as fed up as we are and doesnt want to be here?

Maybe he was told he was joining a club that wants to be winning the league and CL? I wouldnt be suprised if he goes on to be sensational at PSG.

Perhaps that is believable if he hadn't had a history of this in France before he got here and didn't have issue since the minute he arrived at the club.

Playing devils advocate here. But I wonder if Ndombele is as fed up as we are and doesnt want to be here?

Maybe he was told he was joining a club that wants to be winning the league and CL? I wouldnt be suprised if he goes on to be sensational at PSG.
Ndombele seems to have been fed up and wanting to leave every transfer window since he's joined. Club has wanted to make it work the first two years, and have admitted failure on him the last 8 months, but his stock is very low and wages are still very high.

You might well be right.

In many ways it would be liberating for a player to stand forward and say: "See, this is what I was told of the vision when I signed, and this is what was given".

Obviously, Ndombele is perhaps a poor cast for that act: Both because he's been outright poor, and because his attitude and professinonalism has been questionable from the off.

That's him gone I suspect, I did say that Conte will weed out these little wasters 1by1, they'll show themselves up at some point and Gio is someone I always suspected that he wasn't serious.

Seriously..... Fuck this guy! :avbfu:

I think even Michael Carrick would tip us over the edge. Anyone with a creative range of passing from midfield basically.
ok, dumb question time.... dont our current midfield have this ability too? didnt PEH do the business against foxes? So its just a case of getting that to happen more often? else, they're just shor of the capability we want ?

ok, dumb question time.... dont our current midfield have this ability too? didnt PEH do the business against foxes? So its just a case of getting that to happen more often? else, they're just shor of the capability we want ?
Carrick, and even more so Hoddle, could pick up the ball off the back 4, see an opportunity in front of them and play the ball forward in a second. They didn't pick up the ball, go sideways and backwards 10 times to move the ball 8 yards forward.
We were much better against Leicester, so it could well be that Conte is moving things in the right direction.

ok, dumb question time.... dont our current midfield have this ability too?

No not at all. Especially when pressured which is a problem

didnt PEH do the business against foxes?

One pass, which wasn't even great is now good enough?

So its just a case of getting that to happen more often? else, they're just shor of the capability we want ?

Yes they need it to be so that it happens all the time not in a few specific instances. It also needs to happen against teams with different approaches- press, parked busses etc.- not just when teams sit back and leave wide open spaces for simple passes.

Seem to remember him being halfway decent when he was on loan to us. When the deal was made permanent he went downhill. Funny that.

Oh he had one or two good games under Jose (one game in particular where he should have got sent off against Chelsea for a horror challenge so it's not been all bad).

Back
Top Bottom