Have we signed the Mighty Amrabat?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lucas is a baked bean, do we need another?

• Yes

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 44 65.7%

• Total voters
If he's a player Conte wants then I hope we get him. The system and players who fit a role are more important for a great coach than a top notch player who won't do those things. It's definitely underwhelming but guys like this can be elevated by good coaches and played in the right way. He doesn't fill the absolute need of what we want but we definitely need more CM's and competition can elevate the other players in our squad.
Yeah, like that time when Poch wanted Stambouli...

:pochunimpressed:

Or maybe more like when he wanted Musacchio but ended up with Fazio?

That’s a fact. We can disagree on judgements but we can’t disagree on facts.
The two parts I bolded? About dribbling and being more use than Lo Celso, Ndombele and Alli?

They aren't facts, they are opinions.

I'd love to discover that you are correct about his dribbling prowess but the statement just seems so out there I was taken aback, from his YT "highlights" I would say you are either wrong, or the standard of dribbling in Serie A is atrocious.

The two parts I bolded? About dribbling and being more use than Lo Celso, Ndombele and Alli?

I'd love to discover that you are correct about his dribbling prowess but the statement just seems so out there I was taken aback, from his YT "highlights" I would say you are either wrong, or the standard of dribbling in Serie A is atrocious.
makes winks look like pirlo from the highlights

Amrabat “dribbles” into wide open space upon receiving the ball, as a well-drilled midfielder should and must.

Comparing that to a take-on of a marking defender is meaningless, it’s garbage statistics.

I didn’t know that. Underwhelming season.

Let’s see how he does for 4 months. I get that he’s not a player who’s going to make fans dream about success but he might be a competent stock gap with very low downside. I’m not going to have strong feelings about this.
You do realise if hes only played 215 min hes not match fit. So in a normal league it would take him what a month. With the premier league youre talking 2 to get to the fitness. Add in the physicality its a waste of time. Hed be match fit when league is over

I was referring to the dribbling comment.

You do realise if hes only played 215 min hes not match fit. So in a normal league it would take him what a month. With the premier league youre talking 2 to get to the fitness. Add in the physicality its a waste of time. Hed be match fit when league is over
Good job he’s getting a good preseason at AFCON then.

After watching that last video, it appears he definitely tackles well. I'd prefer to see a more progressive version of PEH. Though maybe that answer is Skipp if this guy could slot in for Skipp.
I don't know him at all but everything I've read shows him as a VERY deep central midfielder, who is one of the best dribblers in Serie A and who can ping long-balls all day long. Apart from the long balls and dribblers statistically he's almost identical to Kessie (who BTW I've never seen play well in about the last approx 10 games I've watched Milan this season, hasn't been gash but I've never once thought wow would like this guy).

Last edited:
I think it's becoming pretty obvious that the lad is a six month loan that will probably play a handful of times. There's no requirement to buy.

I don't really see any point in getting worked up. He'll be back in Italy before the end of July.
Don't be so silly mate, that's not how it's done! You gotta ignore the fact that every report says it's a 6 month loan, then get really mad, like really, really mad and pretend that it's a player we are buying and wish for something that's not worked for Spurs (a well known recorded transfer signing that's done well) whilst moaning at those signing too.

I'm confident that he will do more for us in the next 4 months than Lo Celso and Ndombele combined have done in the last couple of years.
I'm hopeful rather than confident but if he ain't no good then we just try again in the summer.
Assuming, of course, there is truth in the rumours we want him.

Based on our excitement levels for the signings of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Soldado, Paulinho, just watch this no-mark Amrabat be an absolute baller and Levy's smugness skyrockets again to levels not seen since a transfer for Dele could have credibly demanded 80m or thereabouts.

Back
Top Bottom