Have we signed the Mighty Amrabat?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lucas is a baked bean, do we need another?

• Yes

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 44 65.7%

• Total voters
If Betancur and Guimaraes move into the league those are two players with precisely the profile we’re looking for for the next six months and beyond.

Going to two clubs that will be better than us very rapidly.
There's a difference in what you think the profile of the player should be compared to the profile of the player Conte is looking for. We've NOT been linked with a single-player of their profiles (Betancur & Guimaraes). The CM's we have been linked to having been more like a DM's profile.

There's a difference in what you think the profile of the player should be compared to the profile of the player Conte is looking for. We've NOT been linked with a single-player of their profiles (Betancur & Guimaraes). The CM's we have been linked to having been more like a DM's profile.
True enough.

But if we made a better bid for McKennie than Villa does for Betancur, that settles that.

True enough.

But if we made a better bid for McKennie than Villa does for Betancur, that settles that.
Not sure I follow. Isn't McKennie a CM with DM tendencies (NOT an out and out DM, plays occasionally as a right-sided 8(??)). I confess I knew nothing about him until we were linked to him in the Summer(??), I've still never seen him play.

Not sure I follow. Isn't McKennie a CM with DM tendencies (NOT an out and out DM, plays occasionally as a right-sided 8(??)). I confess I knew nothing about him until we were linked to him in the Summer(??), I've still never seen him play.
I'd describe him as a box-to-box player, but he's a guy we've been constantly linked with in the summer and January.

That's been most of the guys we've heard about for that midfield role. Kessie very similar.

Amrabat is the most out-and-out 6 we've been linked with yet.

true.

I've said numerous times I don't get why people keep putting creative CM in the 'wanted list' when Conte rarely plays a creative type CM.

If conte wants him, then I'm happy.

I hope Conte can categorically confirm that Amrabat was his first choice over all other players.

You should text and ask him...... He's currently having a few days off tho'... You might have to wait a little longer than usual for a reply.

I'd describe him as a box-to-box player, but he's a guy we've been constantly linked with in the summer and January.

That's been most of the guys we've heard about for that midfield role. Kessie very similar.

Amrabat is the most out-and-out 6 we've been linked with yet.
I would describe Kessie as a 6 though, he's the deeper in the double pivot with Bennacer. However, they do cover each other very well and Kessi has licence to support attacks it seems.

I would describe Kessie as a 6 though, he's the deeper in the double pivot with Bennacer. However, they do cover each other very well and Kessi has licence to support attacks it seems.
He has way too much license to roam forward to be considered a 6, IMO.

And he's like a 10 for Ivory Coast, based on half an hour of one game I watched the other day.

(EDIT, see I did not make that up! Ivory Coast - Algeria, Jan 20, 2022 - Africa Cup of Nations - Match sheet)

Versatile and good player. I will be very happy if we can get him.

Our midfield needs to be improved upon. It needs a higher bar than it has at present.

These things are not going to happen in an instant especially at the current time and in January.

What any player that Conte sanctions or agrees the purchase of is just going to give more. If they have enough quality to add to effort then it should add value.

He has way too much license to roam forward to be considered a 6, IMO.

And he's like a 10 for Ivory Coast, based on half an hour of one game I watched the other day.

(EDIT, see I did not make that up! Ivory Coast - Algeria, Jan 20, 2022 - Africa Cup of Nations - Match sheet)

Versatile and good player. I will be very happy if we can get him.
For Milan, he's definitely the deeper of the two in the pivot but absolutely does get forward.

Wish I could have seen him play well, been underwhelmed though in the 10'ish games I have seen him play.

true.

I've said numerous times I don't get why people keep putting creative CM in the 'wanted list' when Conte rarely plays a creative type CM.

Creative MF doesn't have to be a Ozil/Eriksen type of player, although Eriksen played for Conte last year so it isn't like he can't use someone like that in his side, he just doesn't play them as a traditional number 10.

We need creativity in our midfield for sure and Conte has had that in the past, players like Pirlo, Brozovic, Barella, Eriksen, Fabergas.

Even beyond outright creative players he has always had players that can at least progress the ball though the midfield. This current group is by far the worst midfield he would have ever had and not similar to the players he has used in the past or the make-up of a midfield he normally uses.

So thats prep for the premier league?
That was in response to his supposed lack of match fitness. Playing an international tournament for your country is quite a good way to gain match sharpness!

I’m not a supporter of this move. I’m like everyone else - I don’t have a clue. I’m just not having strong opinions about him until I’ve seen him play a few games.

Back
Top Bottom