Have we signed Diaz yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Diaz allows an injury to Son or Kane to not decimate our attacking stats/potential.
Diaz is not a center forward.

Sonny can be, and I can see Diaz Son Lucas as a front 3.

But partnering either Kane or Son in a 3-5-2 is a different role than what he seems to be doing at Porto.

How much do you trust our recruitment setup to have thought through this?

He’s obviously very gifted, it’s just recruitment in a position where we already have good players.

We’re so lacking in other areas it’s an odd, if welcome, attempt.

Diaz is not a center forward.

Sonny can be, and I can see Diaz Son Lucas as a front 3.

But partnering either Kane or Son in a 3-5-2 is a different role than what he seems to be doing at Porto.

How much do you trust our recruitment setup to have thought through this?
I'm torn, from the few games I watched him play during Copa he seems to be a really dogged and skilful attacking player, coming into his prime years, I don't really have many doubts about the player. I don't have an issue with him not being a centre forward, more that LW is probably out position of greatest depth. I get the feeling that maybe Diaz is the best attacking player we can sign and that's why they're seemingly looking to sign him.

Having the money to sign the top players and actually convincing them to sign are different things, I don't think we'd have a shot at Nkunku or Raphina who are probably a better fit.

Sounded like Liverpool were getting him a couple of weeks ago. If we pull it off it would be a coup, though certainly by no means the be all and end all. He would just be the start.

Good highlight video as these things go.

He's very one-footed, but not like Lamela bad.

It could just be the video, but I'm encouraged to see this style of player not just going to ground all the time. He could, lesser defenders are just kicking at air with this guy.

The quickness of his feet is honestly Salah-ian. But he's quite a loose player.

I dunno. Tremendous talent. Is this a Premier League player though?

The lack of any significant injury history is positive for a player of his slight frame.

And we'd have to move Sonny. This guy is born to operate on that left flank.

We already have Son, Gil and Bergjwin who play left sided attack. This doesn't feel like a priority for January.
Don't worry we won't be signing him. It's the bald cunts PR team putting it out there so the Levy fanboys can play with their little acorns only to be told on the 31st that we ran out if time.

Back
Top Bottom