Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

200w.gif

ADAMA TRAORÉ returns to Barça, except for an unexpected twist. The club closes the assignment of the Wolves winger until the end of the season in good condition for the club.

Operation outside of what happens with Dembelé

Barcelona are putting together a package to sign Wolverhampton Wanderers winger Adama Traore, whose proposed move to Tottenham Hotspur appears to now be over, The Athletic understands.

The Catalan club are attempting to negotiate a loan deal with an option to purchase the 26-year-old for around €35 million, although it is thought there is some work to be done on the deal.

Tottenham’s move for Traore seems to be over. Club to club talks had been moving in the right direction, but The Athletic understands that the Spain international was unsure about the prospect of playing right wing-back.

Antonio Conte’s side had a £15 million bid rejected earlier in the window.

why would wolves accept a loan with option? doesn't make sense.
Well he rarely starts & maybe ( if it’s true ) Barca have agreed to their valuation of the scrum half if they choose to buy

Maybe they’re also pissed off with levy’s way of trying to do deals . It would take him 2 weeks to purchase a Mars bar

Why has it taken 27 days to have this conclusion? What a waste of fucking time this whole ordeal was. Reports saying he didn’t want to play RWB, I don’t believe it because that would have been discussed with him weeks ago. This is classic Levy dragging things out trying to save a few quid, Jack Grealish vibes yet again. I personally wanted Traore, I think he has a lot of qualities that would help us but even if you didn’t want him, the way we have gone about this transfer is embarrassing.

Levy out
ENIC out

Like who, Lamptey and Livramento ain’t happening. Its not good to miss Conte’s targets whatever you may think of the player.
I wouldn't mind Ajax' Mazraoui (who's got a contract until June 2022 and wants to make a transfer). Was pretty good for them in the CL as well.

Scored a cracking goal last weekend v PSV:

Last edited:
Like who, Lamptey and Livramento ain’t happening. Its not good to miss Conte’s targets whatever you may think of the player.
If it's true that he didn't want to play RWB then I'm pretty sure Conte has gone right off him and we are right not to buy. We have enough square pegs for round holes already. As for the who..... literally who knows? It's a bit of a mess and wrapped up in outgoings but that is the reality for many clubs. Whether Conte is on board with that remains to be seen.

I won't lie, I couldn't care less if we sign Traore - I think of him as a handy player to bring on with 20mins to go against a tiring defence, but I would not be relying on him to up our level of performance in general.

However....if Conte is truly interested in signing him and our shambles of a chairman can't even get this piss fucking easy deal done, then he can just fuck off, and I would not blame Conte one iota for jumping ship asap.

Why has it taken 27 days to have this conclusion? What a waste of fucking time this whole ordeal was. Reports saying he didn’t want to play RWB, I don’t believe it because that would have been discussed with him weeks ago. This is classic Levy dragging things out trying to save a few quid, Jack Grealish vibes yet again. I personally wanted Traore, I think he has a lot of qualities that would help us but even if you didn’t want him, the way we have gone about this transfer is embarrassing.

Levy out
ENIC out
Meh, he's got one quality and a bunch of glaring deficiencies, unfortunately that still puts him one up on our current options for the rwb position...

Really shouldn't be difficult to find someone that can improve us in that position, but for the fact that our scouting department is an office full of monkeys with type writers trying to produce the complete works of Shakespeare, and we spunked roughly £40m all over D'Oherty and Emerson which we will never claw back.

If it's true that we didn't want to play RWB then I'm pretty sure Conte has gone right off him and we are right not to buy. We gave enough square pegs for round holes already. As for the who..... literally who knows? It's a bit of a mess and wrapped up in outgoings but that is the reality for many clubs. Whether Conte is on board with that remains to be seen.

Pretty sure the I don’t want to play RWB is bollocks, we would have to be the biggest bunch of idiots in football to ask a player to come to play RWB for him to say no then just carry on negotiating for weeks.

To the people who are happy about us signing Traore, whilst I understand he’s a polarising player, wouldn’t it be better to land one of Conte’s main targets? Not only that but we haven’t been linked to any other wing backs (Lamptey for £50m is about as unrealistic as it gets).

Back
Top Bottom