Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes; but no in the way is being suggested.....

Players hedge their bets; no different to the way a buyer or seller might.... Agent's initial reply will often simply be "Open to discussion.... Let's hear your pitch". (Players and agents like a so-called "signal of intent" as much as the next man.)

As I said above...... Player terms are often shown to be the final piece of the puzzle.... This is not an "only Spurs thing".

People complain when we don't get our ducks in line..... But to me this is quite clearly just a matter of clubs working on both sides of a potential deal at the same time.

(On the flipside; wouldn't similar complaint remain is we'd agreed a terms with a player only to find that the club decide not to sell..... Hell yes they would!)

All the talk of "looking amateurish" and "making statements [to the viewing gallery and oppo clubs/fans]" is so passe....... We're talking multi-million pound deals; image means little at that level of negotiation..
I disagree with that last line. It's Daniel Levy we're talking about, so of course image/reputation will still matter. He knows that a bad image/rep influences revenue, so he'll always want things to be looking good & positive, whatever that takes. If he has to speak to a few media friends of his to make it look like the club was super active but just unlucky in negotiations, even though that's bs, then that's what he'll do. The man can't stand criticism and he can't stand anything that hurts his profits

I disagree with that last line. It's Daniel Levy we're talking about, so of course image/reputation will still matter. He knows that a bad image/rep influences revenue, so he'll always want things to be looking good & positive, whatever that takes. If he has to speak to a few media friends of his to make it look like the club was super active but just unlucky in negotiations, even though that's bs, then that's what he'll do. The man can't stand criticism and he can't stand anything that hurts his profits

Point is (and remains) that we or any other club aren't gonna spend (or jeopardise) millions of £££s just to impress the twitterati with our trf business..... It's just one of a number of fan-concocted, modern football memes.

.....And if we're trading Levy cliches; then surely he'll want the best deal financially; not the best looking deal.

Point is (and remains) that we or any other club aren't gonna spend (or jeopardise) millions of £££s just to impress the twitterati with our trf business..... It's just one of a number of fan-concocted, modern football memes.

.....And if we're trading Levy cliches; then surely he'll want the best deal financially; not the best looking deal.
The point is not to sign players to please your fans. The point is to sign players to help your world class manager compete - for a top 4 finish and for a possible FA Cup win. Knowing that world class manager knows what he's talking about, far more than the chairman. And when he says reinforcements are desperately required, it's cause they are, he's not just acting a kid wanting new shiny toys for the sake of it.

Levy should never be involved in transfer decisions, period. Let AC & Fabio identify targets, let them speak to clubs, players & their reps. Your only job is to sign the cheque they tell you to sign. Period. How much money has Levy wasted due to his ridiculous football knowledge? How many flops has he brought in?

We'll never compete, let alone consistently, with the real big guns unless we start acting like them. It's not just about splashing the cash on names, it's about doing your due diligence and getting players through the doors that have terrific spirit. They're the ones who'll fight til the end. Otherwise you're just PSG.

We now have a manager on the same level as Klopp or Pep. What we need is a chairman that give AC the same level of support and autonomy.

The point is not to sign players to please your fans. The point is to sign players to help your world class manager compete - for a top 4 finish and for a possible FA Cup win. Knowing that world class manager knows what he's talking about, far more than the chairman. And when he says reinforcements are desperately required, it's cause they are, he's not just acting a kid wanting new shiny toys for the sake of it.

Nah, that wasn't "the point" at all....... The discussion was about superficial concerns about looks/image and whether or not fans should be concerned about what order our negotiations take place in (i.e. club or player first).

Levy should never be involved in transfer decisions, period. Let AC & Fabio identify targets, let them speak to clubs, players & their reps. Your only job is to sign the cheque they tell you to sign. Period. How much money has Levy wasted due to his ridiculous football knowledge? How many flops has he brought in?

We'll never compete, let alone consistently, with the real big guns unless we start acting like them. It's not just about splashing the cash on names, it's about doing your due diligence and getting players through the doors that have terrific spirit. They're the ones who'll fight til the end. Otherwise you're just PSG.

We now have a manager on the same level as Klopp or Pep. What we need is a chairman that give AC the same level of support and autonomy.

You brought Levy's name into all this..... Not me.

.......Not really interested in this off-piste deviation. (No offense intended.)

so it's normal to hire a coach like antonio conte (that he wanted also in the summer but some bald man said no, to expensive).

try again
The story that the Media put out in the summer was that Levy blocked the Conte appointment. Conte has denied that and said he was not ready at that time to commit to another job. Levy has many faults but not this one.

The story that the Media put out in the summer was that Levy blocked the Conte appointment. Conte has denied that and said he was not ready at that time to commit to another job. Levy has many faults but not this one.
conte couldn't say that levy in the summer didn't want to pay him because he was not enough desperate

:contetellmemore:

I would take that with a massive grain of salt. Why would he meet with the club if he wasn't ready?

Do you think that when he came in here the first thing he was going to do was talk about how Levy wouldn't give him the control that he required?

Maybe if he took the whole year off that could potentially be believable, but hard to imagine that 3 months into season was all the time he needed to take off.

I would take that with a massive grain of salt. Why would he meet with the club if he wasn't ready?

Do you think that when he came in here the first thing he was going to do was talk about how Levy wouldn't give him the control that he required?

Maybe if he took the whole year off that could potentially be believable, but hard to imagine that 3 months into season was all the time he needed to take off.
So you now believe the Manager was lying?

now we will see if this guy is any good
if both Torare & diaz are off elsewhere, what backups has the DoF had lined up ?
or is it as I've said all along that this guy is just a bluffer

now we will see if this guy is any good
if both Torare & diaz are off elsewhere, what backups has the DoF had lined up ?
or is it as I've said all along that this guy is just a bluffer

don’t worry Paratici is cooking.

38cdaa83a30621c43c8e3559d71d8c89.jpg

4057ACBC00000578-4506458-image-a-6_1494837161693.jpg

Had enough of this garbage. Paratici just seems to be taking us for a ride or am I missing something.

Sold Lamela plus 20 something mil for a player clearly not ready to start.
Bought Nuno in?
Another signing we can't play until next year, who knows how long until he gets near the first team.

3 days left of his second window, we've signed nobody. Talk about getting rid of Bergwijn until he scores a couple of late goals. Looking to buy traore at RWB after signing one in the summer in Emerson. Now barca are using that money to buy our own target!

Im totally lost, this is a complete shambles. How on earth in the entire world of football players available, millions of pounds to spend can this be all we come up with.

Very quickly running out of all patience, what is the point anymore. The club have no ambition and the people running the club seem to be so poor at decision making that any success seems to be despite them not because of them.

Paratici is cooking himself to a P45 and nothing else but as usual Levy has a fall guy

So let's do an assessment.

- Pushes Nuno as manager
- Signs not one single impactful player for the club, wasting money in the summer
- Has us scrambling in Jan as we miss out on all our targets to other clubs

But hey, I guess he's the reason Conte is here I guess? Not exactly flourishing in his role here though is he? Not exactly what people were expecting when 'the don' arrived at the club. I mean, some of us did expect this but hoped to be proven wrong, sadly the exact opposite is happening.

Had enough of this garbage. Paratici just seems to be taking us for a ride or am I missing something.

Sold Lamela plus 20 something mil for a player clearly not ready to start.
Bought Nuno in?
Another signing we can't play until next year, who knows how long until he gets near the first team.

3 days left of his second window, we've signed nobody. Talk about getting rid of Bergwijn until he scores a couple of late goals. Looking to buy traore at RWB after signing one in the summer in Emerson. Now barca are using that money to buy our own target!

Im totally lost, this is a complete shambles. How on earth in the entire world of football players available, millions of pounds to spend can this be all we come up with.

Very quickly running out of all patience, what is the point anymore. The club have no ambition and the people running the club seem to be so poor at decision making that any success seems to be despite them not because of them.

Paratici is cooking himself to a P45 and nothing else but as usual Levy has a fall guy

I think a large portion of our supporters are suffering from CPTSD.

- Selling decent players and not adequately replacing them? Check.
- Club being extremely quiet during 3/4 of the transfer window, not getting rid of deadwood, only for a last minute panic to occur to get 3rd-4th choice players in the last few days with little chance to settle. Check
- Not adequately backing the manager. Check.

Fans saying they know all to well how this all goes down during the window, only to get their hopes up again and then be filled with crushing disappointment, anger and apathy when things turn out the way they always do with us.

We are Tottenham, super shambles from the Lane. :dier:

3 days for 3 ins and out to make it an acceptable window and make summer less pressured. Tick tock.
Whatever he ends up with there's surely no need for it all to be such a high-wire act.

I'm sure Levy and inability to get Ndombele and Dele out have a lot to do with it all, but pouncing on last minute deals in the transfer window is no way to build a winning squad.

Whatever he ends up with there's surely no need for it all to be such a high-wire act.

I'm sure Levy and inability to get Ndombele and Dele out have a lot to do with it all, but pouncing on last minute deals in the transfer window is no way to build a winning squad.

Limited budget, most likely easier to get a better set of targets last minute than early. When the clock ends all the options are laid out on the table, if we had more money and could accept paying premiums I think a lot of deals would be done and faster.

Back
Top Bottom