Have we signed Diaz yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is what you get when you wait till the last minute to make that 5-10% saving. Other club comes in just slams down the money thats asked.
Time for ppl to realize that this club will never buy top shelf players that are even remotely linked any other top 6 club. Best we will get is players over everton and palace.
How do you know this? Simply we did all the bidding,the price was agreed then Liverpool matched it that left a straight choice for the player!

The saving grace is that Rangnick is being offered a long term contract as ManU manager, Conte is unlikely to find another decent club in PL in the near future - all the jobs seem secure
I honestly don’t think he’ll care if he is genuinely pissed off. Plus if he is a free agent jobs will “suddenly” become available

How do you know this? Simply we did all the bidding,the price was agreed then Liverpool matched it that left a straight choice for the player!
One team offers 5quid+ 55mil in addons. The other team offers 45mil up front. Witch one would you chose? I doubt Liverpool are offering him crazy money as salary. We waited to long. Other teams wrap up they business almost the moment there are links. We drag on for weeks and weeks.

I honestly don’t think he’ll care if he is genuinely pissed off. Plus if he is a free agent jobs will “suddenly” become available
In particular, how safe is Arteta? Imagine if Conte left us feeling cheated, and woolwich came in saying 'they failed to back you, we'll promise for once in our lifetime to do so just to make Spurs look even more shit, we'll even show you the war chest in an account'. That would be horrific. Almost impossible though thank god. This isn't a Sky One drama.

If we're competing with Liverpool we don't stand a chance. We may have Conte but they have Klopp. They also have a far better team and much more chance of success currently. They also need to replace the likes of Firmino and Mane over the next year or so.

We should make a cheeky bid for Harvey Barnes.

Why would any player want to come to our club? It's a stepping stone into continuous high expectations, a club in constant fluctuation into nothingness with very little chance of silverware. Hardly enticing is it!

Had we tried to attract a player like Diaz even a year or so post CL final, we'd have no problem. But now? :contescrewface:

In particular, how safe is Arteta? Imagine if Conte left us feeling cheated, and woolwich came in saying 'they failed to back you, we'll promise for once in our lifetime to do so just to make Spurs look even more shit, we'll even show you the war chest in an account'. That would be horrific. Almost impossible though thank god. This isn't a Sky One drama.
I feel sick
:vdvcry:

As usual Spurs are used as a stalking horse to get the deal the player and agent want. Offered to Spurs Levy offers a hire purchase agreement and his mums old bird cage. Liverpool trump up the money required (albeit without a bird cage) and hey presto they get the player. Personally I’m not too bothered as I don’t think he is anywhere near as good as Sonny
I said this a while ago it was sooooo obvious. Why do you guys still fall for it? Spurs transfers don't happen the way this played out.

He was probably shit anyway. Has any Colombian ever been a success in England? I’m adopting the approach we’ve dodged a bullet here.

Onwards and upwards to the next target.

He was probably shit anyway. Has any Colombian ever been a success in England? I’m adopting the approach we’ve dodged a bullet here.

Onwards and upwards to the next target.
I think you'd be surprised, there's actually a surprisingly high amount of Columbian hookers in the UK who've done very well for themselves. Apparently.

As usual Spurs are used as a stalking horse to get the deal the player and agent want. Offered to Spurs Levy offers a hire purchase agreement and his mums old bird cage. Liverpool trump up the money required (albeit without a bird cage) and hey presto they get the player. Personally I’m not too bothered as I don’t think he is anywhere near as good as Sonny

Son is 30 this year. If he's not past his best already he certainly will be before too long. Diaz is 25 and still has his best years ahead of him. But we wouldn't have been signing him to replace Son anyway, so the point is irrelevant.

So the new line of excuse of failing to do business is that the board was furious about storiew getting leaked to the press? Thats the reason we didnt get Diaz? 😂

They are very creative for coming up with all these bullshit arguments, got to give them that. Image rights, "stories leaking"... whats next? Sending bids via Email but to the wrong adress?

Back
Top Bottom