January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who’s the other one? Traore and Diaz are both ludicrously quick.

moxXZrr.png

So we've either needed to 1)Bring in a top manager, and back them to build a trophy winner/CL participant around Kane asap, or 2) sell Kane and embark on an ambitious and exciting rebuild. Levy seems to be dangling between the two, unable to make up his mind about what to do, lessening the possibilities of our success with either path. It's really starting to feel like he has no idea WTF he's doing.

We don't get much income from shirt sales. That goes to the manufacturer this is a common misconception we get a lump sum when we sign a deal. Plus 80m on a striker who will at least have to split playing time while the rest of the team is pants seems a bit silly.
Not sure about the second part, but the first is spot on, Swiss Ramble, a pretty reliable source on football finances, set it out clearly with facts and figures a few years back.

It's why Nike, Adidas and so on pay clubs tens of millions for shirt deals. They (the teams) get the mark-up on the wholesaler's price (the aforesaid companies) to the retailer (Spurs etc). I seem to remember it was tiny, less than a tenner a shirt. Still an earner of course, but the idea that Madrid recouped Ronaldo's transfer fee (which was the example they gave) through shirt sales was utter nonsense.

Last edited:
How we gonna feel Monday, after Levy has been rumoured to be running around with a wheelbarrow full of cash and getting knocked back.
In A Box Reaction GIF
I was thinking today that given how unpredictable life as a Spurs fan is, how funny it would be if they actually bring in three usable players and move a couple of not so useful ones out. There you are, all set to write a bunch of nice posts about how awful everything is, and they go and spoil it with some reasonably good signings. I somehow feel like it might happen, which will make the day after a lot of fun. I'm certainly not a Levy fan but even a blind squirrel can occasionally find an acorn.

Probably Amrabat
He was lightning fast in the 20 square yards he covered the other night.

Actually he wasn't. He walked throughout the hour of the game I saw, covering his tiny territory. To say he occasionally broke into a jog would be gracious. You remember how Darren Bent used to lope about? He was Usain Bolt in comparison.

If You miss out on Luis Diaz because Liverpool beat you to it or it got leaked too early etc.. Fine. That's fine.

But what is KEY is how you react to that. If Spurs are actually angry then go make a reaction signing to that.

Conte clearly wants A RWB and CM and ST.

So this is what you do. Use that £50m you were willing to spend on Diaz on those positions. Maybe 1 of tose positions , or maybe all 3. BUT PLAYERS THAT IMPROVE THE FIRST XI. because that's what Conte wants.

We clearly have some money so let's actually spend it.

Some suggestions?

Wirtz , Nkunku , Aouar , Bissouma
Doku , Raphinha , Anthony , David , Bowen , Danjuma
Lamptey

All are gettable...

Back
Top Bottom