January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So many people are panicking.

We need to remember that Conte is 6-3-1 in the league.

Romero will be a like a new signing for the 2nd half of the season, a world class centre back who is suited to playing in a back 3.

I would rather see us save money for the Summer.

If we make the top 4, we will spend big. I am sure of it.
Genuinely hard to tell the sarcastic posts from the sincere ones.

Trix knows, but he's not naming names...

trix.png

because, well you know... he talks bollocks.

There are two kinds of loan + obligation.

The first is just a purchase. It’s cooking the books to move the money around a la Mbappe to Monaco or Romero to us.

The second is where the obligation only triggers under certain conditions, a la Lo Celso.

If the obligation only triggers if Kulusevski makes at least 10 starts in the league AND we make the CL, that would be one thing. An obligation that triggers if we make any UEFA competition regardless of if he plays would be entirely different.

The devil is in the details.
Once again, with a player like Kulusevski, I'd never go for an obligation to buy, especially not at 40 mil...like is being bandied about. If Juve insists, I'd run away from the deal or say "fine, we'll buy him but only if he's played 25, scored 10 and we'll only sign him fir 15 mil. Take it or leave it"

I honestly think we should put in a bid for Sancho, he would be perfect for the RW position.

United aren't selling him for anything less than they bought him 6 months after buying him and no way can we pay anything close to that.

January's never an easy transfer window to do business as very few players of quality available we might want to buy - just look at the last 10 years, and about the only decent players bought in have been Moura and Bergwijn. Two players in 10 years - and that's pretty true of other clubs too.

I think we entered the transfer window with 2 basic objectives :

1. To sell, or failing that, Ndombele, Lo Celso and probably Dele...... both to free up squad places and get whatever fees possible plus offload 3 of our highest paid players who haven't contributed much over the last 2 or 3 years.

If loaned out they may play at their new club and be more saleable in the summer.

2. If we can buy a top player who Conte wants there are limited funds available (as we saw with Diaz might be able to afford 50m .... but he preferred Liverpool). If no good players can be bought, its better to save money to spend in summer when more players are available.

Pretty clear its not easy to offload Ndombele, Lo Celso or Dele but if we can offload 3 players who are contributing almost nothing and bring in 3 loanees who Conte thinks will do more of a job, that's an improvement in the squad.

Not ideal but that's where we seem to be.

Trix knows, but he's not naming names...

trix.png

because, well you know... he talks bollocks.
He’s hilarious, he once got a bloke on his fishing boat who told him some stuff about Spurs , I can’t even remember if it was true) theses days he has various “contacts” blah blah blah He’s forgotten himself where his story started & that it was one passing chat on a boat

Back
Top Bottom