January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As someone involved with negotiating and closing much lower stakes lower pressure deals professionally, one thing I often think about is how much of a shitshow language and cultural barriers (not to mention time zones) must make of all this stuff.

Paratici and Jean-Michel Aulas on a tinny shit cell phone call (all mobile service is dogshit sound quality now) working over the minute details of the purchase option on Lo Celso, in English? It must be near impossible to really understand one another and have a feel for where the other party is coming from.

I get on a Zoom call with some hippie California non-profit types and I might as well be talking to aliens.

Trix knows, but he's not naming names...

trix.png

because, well you know... he talks bollocks.
Basically ‘we might buy a player, I can’t tell you who that is because I don’t know’

Fucking attention seekers

I really did think that now with all the evidence that the apologists and excuses would be done. I thought surely everyone but the most hardcore apologists would be angry.

And yet we are hearing about "how tough the January window is" and how players coming back from injury will "be like new signings."

There really is nothing these parasites can do to us or our club that will stop some people from still defending them and coming up with pathetic excuses.

So many people are panicking.

We need to remember that Conte is 6-3-1 in the league.

Romero will be a like a new signing for the 2nd half of the season, a world class centre back who is suited to playing in a back 3.

I would rather see us save money for the Summer.

If we make the top 4, we will spend big. I am sure of it.
This is parody right ?

If Levy signs Kulu on loan with an obligation to buy at 40 mil, surely we need all the fans to stop going to games and buying merch til Levy gets the fuck out the club.

Literally would be top 3 dumbest fucking moves he's made. And God knows he's made zillions

As someone involved with negotiating and closing much lower stakes lower pressure deals professionally, one thing I often think about is how much of a shitshow language and cultural barriers (not to mention time zones) must make of all this stuff.

Paratici and Jean-Michel Aulas on a tinny shit cell phone call (all mobile service is dogshit sound quality now) working over the minute details of the purchase option on Lo Celso, in English? It must be near impossible to really understand one another and have a feel for where the other party is coming from.

I get on a Zoom call with some hippie California non-profit types and I might as well be talking to aliens.

Right because obligation and obligazione are so different. Theyve had a month. And it really is not so hard.

Villa have signed Digne and Coutinho, 2 players who would massively improve us, and look like possibly getting bentancur, again, better than anything we have in midfield

Anyone that can’t see that it’s Levy killing us is on something

I’ll also accept Paratici and Lewis as an answer

Trix knows, but he's not naming names...

trix.png

because, well you know... he talks bollocks.
"I wont pass them on unless there's something more concrete"

LOL. In other words, wait for a name to be widely reported in the media and then pretend like you knew about it all along.

I thought the whole point of ITK was to give us the inside information that regular journalists wont have?

I really did think that now with all the evidence that the apologists and excuses would be done. I thought surely everyone but the most hardcore apologists would be angry.

And yet we are hearing about "how tough the January window is" and how players coming back from injury will "be like new signings."

There really is nothing these parasites can do to us or our club that will stop some people from still defending them and coming up with pathetic excuses.
I don't think anyone is serious about the bolded.

Having Son, Dier and Romero back will have a positive impact on the squad but it wont fix the gaping holes in the midfield and RWB

Villa have signed Digne and Coutinho, 2 players who would massively improve us, and look like possibly getting bentancur, again, better than anything we have in midfield

Anyone that can’t see that it’s Levy killing us is on something

I’ll also accept Paratici and Lewis as an answer

Plenty here didn't want Coutinho as they insisted he was finished as a player. Or that we can apparently do better.

Madness.

I don't think anyone is serious about the bolded.

Having Son, Dier and Romero back will have a positive impact on the squad but it wont fix the gaping holes in the midfield and RWB

I have heard a lot of people say that we can get Romero back and push on for 4th so we don't really need new players now. I think there are people that are serious that him coming back from injury means we don't need players as badly as we think.

Back
Top Bottom