January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Plenty here didn't want Coutinho as they insisted he was finished as a player. Or that we can apparently do better.

Madness.

I didn't want him because I wanted something better than that, but as it appears we won't get better and likely to get much worse he would have been a massive improvement for us.

I know mate I have him on ignore just click on it every now and then to see what is being said.
He ruins thread after thread his whole thing is to crush or try to crush and dissention within the fanbase.
Yeah I put him on ignore a while back too. He has an identity crisis & is deeply in denial.

I didn't want him because I wanted something better than that, but as it appears we won't get better and likely to get much worse he would have been a massive improvement for us.

We were never going to get better though. One reason being Daniel Levy. The other being other big teams. If a player is really good then other teams will stand a far better chance of getting him than us, just like Liverpool and Diaz. Coutinho would have been an outstanding signing for us, and exactly some of what we need in the team, as I'm sure he will prove in his time at Villa.

What's going on with Dybala?

If he's not signing a deal then surely Juventus should be looking to sell him in this window.
He seems to want to stay at Juve and the talk was they had agreed to a huge new deal, but now apparently Juve wants to wait to discuss in February.

They’ve got Vlahovic, now they’re trying to offload players to make room for the new Dybala deal, seems like the indication.

Vlahovic, Dybala, Chiesa, Locatelli, you can see who they’ve identified as their core. Is McKennie in there? Is De Ligt?

We were never going to get better though. One reason being Daniel Levy. The other being other big teams. If a player is really good then other teams will stand a far better chance of getting him than us, just like Liverpool and Diaz. Coutinho would have been an outstanding signing for us, and exactly some of what we need in the team, as I'm sure he will prove in his time at Villa.

I was talking about someone like Guimaraes who I think is a better long term solution and that I think was very gettable (although even he may be more than Levy will go for).

I was talking about someone like Guimaraes who I think is a better long term solution and that I think was very gettable (although even he may be more than Levy will go for).

Yeah, he would have been a positive signing.

But although signing Coutinho would have been a short term thing, seeing as he's 30 this year, I have no doubts the likes of Kane and Son would have benefited massively from him being in the side. A missed opportunity for me.

Last edited:
This is fast becoming a comical mess. Don’t get me wrong, I wanted Ndombele, GLC and others away from this club, but loans with no option to buy, half wages etc does no fucking help to us whatsoever. Loaning Bryan Gil and getting in a Juventus sub ? Literally desperation and I’m pretty certain Spurs are a social experiment to see how far you can push a football fan. Is there any other way of explaining the ludicrous nature at our club ? Spurs Better have something truly special lined up incoming Monday otherwise I see it getting incredibly
I'm miles away from an enic apologist but fuck me you're a boring droning cunt. I thought you said you were giving spurs a rest from now on.

Coutinho would of been a brilliant acquisition. I think its clear to see we're all deluded as each other, but just in different ways. I think this deserves a toast! :llorishowudoin:

Yeah, he would have been a positive signing.

But although signing Coutinho would have been a short term thing, seeing as he's 30 this year, I have no doubts the likes of Kane and Son would have benefited massively from him being in the side. A missed opportunity for me.
Short term thinking is what we should do. Get in the top 4 and get the money. then we can start building.

So many people are panicking.

We need to remember that Conte is 6-3-1 in the league.

Romero will be a like a new signing for the 2nd half of the season, a world class centre back who is suited to playing in a back 3.

I would rather see us save money for the Summer.

If we make the top 4, we will spend big. I am sure of it.
Tripping Losing My Mind GIF by Four Rest Films

Back
Top Bottom