January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Short term thinking is what we should do. Get in the top 4 and get the money. then we can start building.

Exactly. There's a balance you can strike. but I'm more than happy with short term fixes right now. Other clubs are making signings that would have improved us. Even getting Tripper back would have been a better option than playing Doherty or Emerson right now. Guimaraes would have improved us in the middle of the park too. It's so fucking shit to see clubs like Villa and Newcastle putting us to shame in the transfer market.

As someone involved with negotiating and closing much lower stakes lower pressure deals professionally, one thing I often think about is how much of a shitshow language and cultural barriers (not to mention time zones) must make of all this stuff.

Paratici and Jean-Michel Aulas on a tinny shit cell phone call (all mobile service is dogshit sound quality now) working over the minute details of the purchase option on Lo Celso, in English? It must be near impossible to really understand one another and have a feel for where the other party is coming from.

I get on a Zoom call with some hippie California non-profit types and I might as well be talking to aliens.
Californians really fucking drive me crazy sometimes.
The following is an almost verbatim line of dialogue that I experienced with a builder/architect not quite 18 months ago. For background, he's a west coast-trained architect that made his name building ultra high-end residences in Calfornia and his reputation is as a materials guru with a photographic memory who can project himself into a building plan and determine if a lighting fixture is 3/8" out of position.

"Listen, I have an idea about how to proceed, and I just want you to be open-minded about this. Some really great work has been done here and I know we're on our fourth or fifth revision for this concept together, but let's just start from scratch here. Let's rip up the playbook and start dreaming together. You know, if you've been in this trade nearly as long as I have (the construction trade obv), you'll agree that there are a lot of Nazis in this trade that just want to oppress everyone. Listen, let's not be Nazis to each other brother. I don't want either of us to oppress each other's dreams for what we can accomplish together. So let's just pick up the rule-book, and throw it into the trash. Agreed?"

Californians really fucking drive me crazy sometimes.
The following is an almost verbatim line of dialogue that I experienced with a builder/architect not quite 18 months ago. For background, he's a west coast-trained architect that made his name building ultra high-end residences in Calfornia and his reputation is as a materials guru with a photographic memory who can project himself into a building plan and determine if a lighting fixture is 3/8" out of position.

"Listen, I have an idea about how to proceed, and I just want you to be open-minded about this. Some really great work has been done here and I know we're on our fourth or fifth revision for this concept together, but let's just start from scratch here. Let's rip up the playbook and start dreaming together. You know, if you've been in this trade nearly as long as I have (the construction trade obv), you'll agree that there are a lot of Nazis in this trade that just want to oppress everyone. Listen, let's not be Nazis to each other brother. I don't want either of us to oppress each other's dreams for what we can accomplish together. So let's just pick up the rule-book, and throw it into the trash. Agreed?"
My god. I feel for you.

I had an interview with a techie startup where a former colleague worked some months back, this was in Seattle but it’s the same nonsense, I lasted about 5 minutes before I was crawling up my Zoom screen walls wanting to get the hell out of there.

If me going to brush the snow off my car in the dark right now is what’s keeping me from turning into a mush brain, so be it.

I really did think that now with all the evidence that the apologists and excuses would be done. I thought surely everyone but the most hardcore apologists would be angry.

And yet we are hearing about "how tough the January window is" and how players coming back from injury will "be like new signings."

There really is nothing these parasites can do to us or our club that will stop some people from still defending them and coming up with pathetic excuses.
I think it’s disgraceful you would call other spurs fans “parasites” when everyone wants what’s best for the club.

Taking out the rightness or wrongness of the beliefs (which will never be definitively settled) there’s only one side using over emotional language and calling people parasites and cunts.

That’s not the way to vent anger.

I think it’s disgraceful you would call other spurs fans “parasites” when everyone wants what’s best for the club.

Taking out the rightness or wrongness of the beliefs (which will never be definitively settled) there’s only one side using over emotional language and calling people parasites and cunts.

Oh I disagree, I find hateful name-calling vents anger quite nicely.

I really did think that now with all the evidence that the apologists and excuses would be done. I thought surely everyone but the most hardcore apologists would be angry.

And yet we are hearing about "how tough the January window is" and how players coming back from injury will "be like new signings."

There really is nothing these parasites can do to us or our club that will stop some people from still defending them and coming up with pathetic excuses.
Can't wait for our 'new signing' Romero to get himself sent off, fuck off to play for Argentina after 1 game in our shirt and get himself hobbled for 4 months, back just in time for the next international break...

Put him on ignore. He is literally useless.

Honestly. We need to avoid deals that have that cunt mendes attached to player. Fucking parasite that bloke. Levy should ban him from a 50 mile radius. Hes given us gedson fernandes, nuno and jose. All dogshit. Dont need cunts like that around our club. Rather have sky andrew. Well maybe not that far. 😊

He's calling Levy/Enic parasites, not Spurs fans...

No they don’t want what’s best for the club or they wouldn’t be making pathetic excuses for the owners.

And the parasite comment was for the owners but I guess I agree with you it could apply to the apologists as well.

Back
Top Bottom