January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Californians really fucking drive me crazy sometimes.
The following is an almost verbatim line of dialogue that I experienced with a builder/architect not quite 18 months ago. For background, he's a west coast-trained architect that made his name building ultra high-end residences in Calfornia and his reputation is as a materials guru with a photographic memory who can project himself into a building plan and determine if a lighting fixture is 3/8" out of position.

"Listen, I have an idea about how to proceed, and I just want you to be open-minded about this. Some really great work has been done here and I know we're on our fourth or fifth revision for this concept together, but let's just start from scratch here. Let's rip up the playbook and start dreaming together. You know, if you've been in this trade nearly as long as I have (the construction trade obv), you'll agree that there are a lot of Nazis in this trade that just want to oppress everyone. Listen, let's not be Nazis to each other brother. I don't want either of us to oppress each other's dreams for what we can accomplish together. So let's just pick up the rule-book, and throw it into the trash. Agreed?"
Someone said that to you with a straight face?

Honestly. The UK has its problems, but we don’t have to deal with fucking hippies.

No they don’t want what’s best for the club or they wouldn’t be making pathetic excuses for the owners.

And the parasite comment was for the owners but I guess I agree with you it could apply to the apologists as well.
So only your vision for the club is acceptable? People who disagree are parasites.

Sounds like some fascist bullshit to me.

I think it’s disgraceful you would call other spurs fans “parasites” when everyone wants what’s best for the club.

Taking out the rightness or wrongness of the beliefs (which will never be definitively settled) there’s only one side using over emotional language and calling people parasites and cunts.

That’s not the way to vent anger.

LOL

Only one side using names? Did you ignore the crying about “bed wetters”, “melts”, “entitled trolls”?

Just because their name calling is as weak as their arguments doesn’t mean they are there.

If the club had balls it would write a cheque for Morata, Artur, Bentacur and Kulusevski and be done with it.
It's such an obvious match.

Paratici knows their players intimately, held onto or signed basically all of them. They just spent loads for Vlahovic and want to shed non-essentials. We need help for Conte.

We really should just do some goofball triple-deal with all sorts of options and clauses and whatnot.

Let taking Arthur, who is no worse than Amrabat, be the price of a friendlier deal for Betancur and Morata.

So only your vision for the club is acceptable? People who disagree are parasites.

Sounds like some fascist bullshit to me.

No there are lots of visions for the club that is acceptable.

Making excuses for the parasites that run us has nothing to do with vision. It has to do with facts.

Last edited:
LOL

Only one side using names? Did you ignore the crying about “bed wetters”, “melts”, “entitled trolls”?

Just because their name calling is as weak as their arguments doesn’t mean they are there.
Are you making a false equivalence or do you see the difference ?

It's such an obvious match.

Paratici knows their players intimately, held onto or signed basically all of them. They just spent loads for Vlahovic and want to shed non-essentials. We need help for Conte.

We really should just do some goofball triple-deal with all sorts of options and clauses and whatnot.
interesting... do you reckon if we get enough Juve players, they'd give us an extra one free? Or a chilli off Mckennie in the future?

Why can’t we sign a few players with proven experience in the English league.

We’ve signed any number of duds from the Spanish league that haven’t adapted. Now we just seem to be moving into the Italian league.

Why can’t we sign a few players with proven experience in the English league.

We’ve signed any number of duds from the Spanish league that haven’t adapted. Now we just seem to be moving into the Italian league.
How likely do you reckon Raphinha would be? Or Philips from Leeds? Probably no hope whatsoever, but I'd love either!

Someone said that to you with a straight face?

Honestly. The UK has its problems, but we don’t have to deal with fucking hippies.
Stone fucking cold straight face. If I've embellished any particular detail of that passage, it's the more mundane parts. The part that I remember most clearly is the most remarkable part about acting like Nazis, as my mind slowly snapped into focus into amusement and horror at what he was saying.

It was much later when several of my company's employees had been present in the install that they came to me afterward in anger, amusement, and frustration, because "the architect" that they had met on site and who had been barking instructions at them both didn't think they were worth a square look in the eye, as he kept talking about them as if they weren't there, and even more amusingly they noted that he was wearing fancy shoes of differing colors, one red and one white. One of them called him "Puss in Boots".

From Trix:

:levywtf:

Firstly thanks to Stoof, Rob and A&C for this it was muchly needed.

As I said unless things changed I wouldn't be posting again so glad that it has.

Late last night we had all the financials pretty much in place for Diaz, both clubs and player were happy, and only details needed to be done.

What exactly has happened since? Well I know as much as the rest of you on that. I haven't heard anything on it and the club has gone into full lockdown information wise. I spoke to my man this morning, who had spoken to someone who had just gotten off the phone with FP(bit Chinese whispery I know) and from what I've heard he's still positive about the rest of the window. What that means I don't know. What I do know though is they are trying to back the manager but we do have finite resources and we do have a lot of squad to build. Bare that in mind when you start shouting we should have just thrown everything at it in the first bid. What it hopefully shows you all though is that we do have money and we are prepared to spend it on the right players.

Hopefully we are back on track because whatever any of you think, or whether or not we get the players you want, we will be busy.

Back
Top Bottom