January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a happy bunch.
I bet the Inter fans weren’t punching the air when Conte signed a 33 yr old Ashley Young on a free transfer.
Fast forward to the Scudetto victory after 2 seasons. Their first title for longer than I care to remember.
Conte signs players to fit his system, not the current flavour of the month.
Amidst all this mayhem, what’s happening with Dele. Perhaps Lampard will take a chance on him , especially when they have just lost Doucoure for a month.

Adama-Traore-3.jpeg

Too soon, mate

fb610703fd10d6d83ecbc8ee31609dca.gif

True but after 1990 we were in financial trouble for 2 years and then had the dreaded Sugar, our very own Mike Ashley. Enic were ok upto a point, they at least had a bit of intent to get champions league football, but once we had achieved that they didnt have a clue what to do. Now we are rapidly heading back to where they found us and they havent made a sensible decision for a very long time. Nothing lasts forever, times moves on and thats exactly what they now need to do for the good of the club.
I'm not arguing the good and bad of Enic, just pointing out the league position facts of the time period that was being discussed.

Ideal scenario: Regular minutes for an EPL club.

Not so ideal scenario: Riding the bench for Watford or Derby cos they've too much at stake to break in kids.

Possible scenario: No UK interest and regular minutes in La Liga til the summer is better than nothing.
Have you ever said anything negative about Enic? like honestly have you ever been annoyed at our transfer activity or you're alway ok with everything?

Just to further dismiss the the myth a few top 4 finishes for ENIC is better than anything before it (even though top 4 didn't matter as it didn't exist)

5 x top 4 finishes in the 1980s
2 FA Cup wins, 1 final loss and 1 Uefa Cup win

There was a patch in the 90s that makes ENIC look good, if you're 30 and don't acknowledge life before the PL

What a happy bunch.
I bet the Inter fans weren’t punching the air when Conte signed a 33 yr old Ashley Young on a free transfer.
Fast forward to the Scudetto victory after 2 seasons. Their first title for longer than I care to remember.
Conte signs players to fit his system, not the current flavour of the month.
Amidst all this mayhem, what’s happening with Dele. Perhaps Lampard will take a chance on him , especially when they have just lost Doucoure for a month.
Sure, he picked up some wiley pros. But they also bought Lukaku and Hakimi.

Another Levy special, going for a player we have very little chance of getting, especially this close to deadline day.

Villa want Betancur to provide cover for D Luiz, so why oh why would they sell the latter to us? Especially when they've not yet managed to secure that cover...and would then need 2 players, not just one. And to sell him to a team they hope to compete with for top 4 from next season.

Yeah, sounds real legit.
Why aren't we at least trying for Raphinha? Giving Wham a clear run at him. Great player. Exactly what we need.

I mean Fabio is the gift that keeps on giving. He's done absolutely bugger all since he's joined, especially done zilch as far as this TW is concerned...but now he's feeling the fans' wrath so he's basically looking at who other PL teams have approached and he's trying to hijack their deals. That shit would be funny if it weren't that infuriating.

Diego Carlos played for Nantes not so long ago and wasn't even in the top 10 best CB in the French league. Yeah he's been better at Sevilla, but the guy is still no world beater by any stretch. And he ain't young.

Oh and yeah he's definitely not someone we have a need for.
Why not just develop Rodon / jasphet. Everyone keeps going on about conte improving players well let him do it with these two. Why waste money we haven’t got buying another CB? So that we can play with 10 defenders and harry dropping into midfield to give us a formation of 1 10? None of these players we have gone for except diaz set the world alight. All functional run of the mill players who ain’t gonna make us great watch or play with any style. Want some creativity after nearly 3 years of sit back and hope football. Forget these crap players for 20/30M and just go for neves. His the one who would be like modric/Erickson and make us tick. I’m sure his contract is running down and manure we’re gonna offer £45M. Just offer that plus any of the donkeys we have like Doh in return.

Have you ever said anything negative about Enic?

Yep....

like honestly have you ever been annoyed at our transfer activity

Yep.....

or you're alway ok with everything?

Nope....

Pissed if we don't improve the MF this Jan.

Pissed we didn't get a ST2 in the summer.
Pissed we frittered away £130m a couple of summers ago.
Pissed we gave away Aurier yet kept Doherty.
Pissed we didn't get a DOF a few years ago.

.........Has any of this got anything to do with being prepared to consider why Gil may be loaned to a decent Spanish club?

NOPE.

[ EDIT: Above spam-poster conspicuously gone quiet? YEP. ]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom