Tanner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What stage is this deal at?

• Who?

Votes: 30 61.2%
  • Interested

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Monitoring

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • We Tried

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Gazzumped

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • #Herewego

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • He's signed, hazzah!!!

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • He's gone to Liverpool (Marine FC to be precise...)

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
Exactly. I find it weird. Twitter is shit and getting shitter by the day. The spurs fans on it are utter cunts to tell you the truth.

I’ve been a bit moany about transfers and Paratici today which isn’t like me. But I know when to take a step back. Seems like there’s this weird negativity on Twitter where we have a set of fans who directly or indirectly want to bring the club down. A reflection on their lives I guess. It’s been a hard couple of years for everyone and I just think it’s anger coming out because of that. Sad state of affairs.

I never even go on twitter, but it's all to clear from some of the hateful attitudes and toxicity on here what it is like.... Some people post nothing but bile, so why would a bigger 'pond' be any different.

It got interest because of Lilywhite Rose's tweet.

Had he just tweeted that we were interested in him then it would have been just like any other bit of academy news.

It's become all to evident this trf window that most of the Spurs accounts are actually just shit stirring and negative spin....... Scary how many obliviously (willingly?) guzzle the kool aid down too...... These cunts are no better than Fat Wobbie and the AFTV mob.

It's become all to evident this trf window that most of the Spurs accounts are actually just shit stirring and negative spin....... Scary how many obliviously (willingly?) guzzle the kool aid down too...... These cunts are no better than Fat Wobbie and the AFTV mob.
They are ALL making hay whilst the sun isn't shining! ALL of them!!!

Even those that actually have a specific agenda to perhaps do some good like THST. They only gain members when there's something to moan about, that doesn't have to be even moaning at the Club, you could be an unhappy supporter and want to complain about safe standing/seating as they are plugged into these wider supporter issues. Your motivation to join is because you have an axe you want to grind about something. (this includes me, I joined them over the proposed move to Stratford for example).

What I don't get is why do people follow all of them! Most are all exactly the same, news aggregators, you only need to follow ONE as they are all aggregating exactly the same fucking thing. Some, once they have gained a few thousand followers then start peddling opinions and that's a red flag for me.

I follow just two accounts Hotspur Related and Lilywhite Rose, I felt like deleting the Lilywhite Rose account immediately after they posted their tweet on this lad the other week, but I guess a stupid sense of loyalty meant I didn't (as I said in another post I know, not too well, one of the founders of this account and he's a lovely fella). But will probably just stick them on mute or something.

I just want to be kept abreast of stuff without wading through hundreds of tests on the same topic, I'm ugly enough to work out whether to take what is posted seriously or not.

I can almost guarantee that half the people on social media laying in to a 15 year olds Tweets are the same ones who stick up for Shamima because 'she was only 16 and didn't know what she was doing'.

Whatever the actual reason for this not going through, you have to admit that failing to agree personal terms with a non league player is the cherry on top for the three stooges' slapstick TW offerings so far.

I mean this has to be a nadir right? Like they have just been trolling the fans thus far and are now going to take their jobs seriously?

That or they'll all forget to set their alarms for Monday morning and sleep in until 23.01...

Media spinning it to make us look like cunts. What a surprise. Why this signing got so much interest I’ll never know. He’s basically an under 23 signing.

Whatever the actual reason for this not going through, you have to admit that failing to agree personal terms with a non league player is the cherry on top for the three stooges' slapstick TW offerings so far.

I mean this has to be a nadir right? Like they have just been trolling the fans thus far and are now going to take their jobs seriously?

That or they'll all forget to set their alarms for Monday morning and sleep in until 23.01...
Problem was, the 'personal terms' he rejected involved him having to wear a Spurs shirt during matches....

....and as the WHOLE WORLD knows by now, he's a Gooner, right? No wonder he turned down such unacceptable terms!

I have no idea what this is all about.

Who?
19 year old lower leagues player who we had been courting to join our u23 team as a striker.

Turns out that he is a Gooner and had chatted shit about us and Kane on his twitter when he was like 15-16, as kids are known to do.

So of course the more weaponised section of our online fandom found out and started abusing him. So he opted to not sign for us.

19 year old lower leagues player who we had been courting to join our u23 team as a striker.

Turns out that he is a Gooner and had chatted shit about us and Kane on his twitter when he was like 15-16, as kids are known to do.

So of course the more weaponised section of our online fandom found out and started abusing him. So he opted to not sign for us.
Still glad we aren’t signing him.

Back
Top Bottom