January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But we have been rejected by a non-league player,

Kid just thought "fuck that! the fanbase hate me"......

No point fans harping on about how embarrassing it feels now....... The toxic Twitter gob-shites have only got themselves to blame.

If we end up paying 40m for Kulusevski even if it is through a loan with obligations, that will be bad business.

Just spend the extra money and bring in someone with actual talent.

If we dont get any players conte will walk
If we get the players that have been bandied about, and don't get rid of the trio of doom, Conte will walk.

Tbh, I love him and I love Spurs, but I want him to walk. Maybe then the owners will realise there's something seriously wrong about Levy, Stevie H and Fabio.

Especially as I don't see AC leaving quietly...

I had a chat with a good friend from Italy, whose family have been Juve fans for generations.

In his words, Kulusevski has been one of the most disappointing signings in Juve's recent history. They actually really dislike the guy, and not just for his performances, but for his attitude too. They attend training regularly and he's never one that seems to try very hard, instead he just relies on his technique. They see him as your cliche talented youngster who's earned a big money move to a top team and who's now happy to just rest on his laurels and live the celeb life. They cannot wait for him to go and when they heard about Spurs and 30 odd mil, they couldn't believe it. Now really hoping it goes through. My friend says he might pull his finger out with Conte, but that the real problem will be when Conte goes and Kulu is still at Spurs for 2 or 3 years.

As for Betancur, they are really indifferent. They can't understand how they used to have Pirlo, Matuidi and other great midfielders throughout the history of the club and now have very average dudes like Betancur, Rabiot, Ramsey. He's not one that'll be missed at all. My friend says he's mainly very slow and wasteful with the ball, but that every now and then he'll have the odd good game that makes you think that maybe that's it, that's the spark that was needed...but then he's shit again the next 10-20 games.
The supporters of Juventus are very heterogeneous: when, for example, Allegri replaced Conte he was greeted with insults and spitting. The real big mistakes of Juventus in midfield were Ramsey and Rabiot who, due to their super salaries, are unable to sell. Bentancur and Kulusevski are two players from their respective national teams, they are young. In my opinion they are valid.

Happy with that.

If the buy option is linked to CL qualification, that is fair enough.
Tbh I fully understand people being a bit pissed off with it, he has had a bit of a crap time at Juve. I posted here around a month ago that I think he has it in him to be a top player though, and I'd stand by that. Has a lot of quality that you can't teach, and if he comes to the club with the required mentality and work ethic I think Conte make him a very effective player on the right of our front three.

Back
Top Bottom