January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we get the players that have been bandied about, and don't get rid of the trio of doom, Conte will walk.

Tbh, I love him and I love Spurs, but I want him to walk. Maybe then the owners will realise there's something seriously wrong about Levy, Stevie H and Fabio.

Especially as I don't see AC leaving quietly...
WALOB.
If you want Conte to walk you don't love Spurs.
You love scoring points on the internet.

The supporters of Juventus are very heterogeneous: when, for example, Allegri replaced Conte he was greeted with insults and spitting. The real big mistakes of Juventus in midfield were Ramsey and Rabiot who, due to their super salaries, are unable to sell. Bentancur and Kulusevski are two players from their respective national teams, they are young. In my opinion they are valid.

Hopefully you were able to sack the fool that signed them to those deals.

Tbh, I love him and I love Spurs, but I want him to walk. Maybe then the owners will realise there's something seriously wrong about Levy, Stevie H and Fabio.
You love spurs but you want the best manager we could conceivably attract to leave to prove a point about how badly we are run? Right.

I love spurs and I want us to secure a couple of players that conte is able to get the best out of, for us to secure top 4, and spend significant sums on great players attracted by CL football and for next season to be our best since Poch.

Hope that’s not too pretentious xoxo

Tbh I fully understand people being a bit pissed off with it, he has had a bit of a crap time at Juve. I posted here around a month ago that I think he has it in him to be a top player though, and I'd stand by that. Has a lot of quality that you can't teach, and if he comes to the club with the required mentality and work ethic I think Conte make him a very effective player on the right of our front three.

I am not against bringing Kulusevski in but if it is the only move this window it isn't close to good enough and if it ends up being anything close to 40m, whether up front or in a loan with obligation deal, it is not a good move either.

He is a guy we are taking a chance on not someone coming in to improve the squad. We are hoping he can rebound to what he was for a season in his youth for 40m we should be getting more than hope.

I mean fair play to Juve for trying to get 40 mil for a kid they paid...hmmm 40 mil two years ago and who's since proved he's worth about 40 quid

You know how you just accused someone of being repetitive and tedious......?

Yeh; well you know how many times you've posted something about this £40m price-tag (that no-one else seems to be referencing)?????

.......I haven't counted but it's fucking loads.

.........Much like the amount you've posted your interchangeable sarcastic "let's buy [insert list of crap players]" cut n paste job.....

You're repetitive as fuck.

Last edited:
Juventus fans are confused right now. We are used to fighting for the Scudetto. Now, however, we must hope to finish in the top four. Also in CL we suffered elimination in the round of 16 against lower teams. In the Juventus forums you can read about everything
Hi mate.
Apologies if you have already answered the question but do you think Spurs should buy Bentacur and Kulu and how much for?
Would you be sad to see them go?

Hopefully you were able to sack the fool that signed them to those deals.
It is not just Paratici's fault but Agnelli with CR7 has entered the megalomania phase. Having someone on the team earning 30 million € / year made everything mess up. At one point it seemed that € 7 million was almost a little but we woke up one morning and we had taken the longest step. Juventus were successful when they had Bayern Munich style, as they are returning now. The three years of CR7 were madness (exacerbated by COVID).

He might not be as exciting as Diaz but Kulu is clearly talented and very young with a lot of upside.

Both he and Bentancur look like they would bring more technical quality and composure to the team. Much needed given the amount of sloppy, headless chickens in our ranks.

I'd be happy with both and hopefully a rabbit is pulled out of the hat for a RWB, though I'm guessing we will soldier on through till the summer with Doc/Emerson.

I am not against bringing Kulusevski in but if it is the only move this window it isn't close to good enough and if it ends up being anything close to 40m, whether up front or in a loan with obligation deal, it is not a good move either.

He is a guy we are taking a chance on not someone coming in to improve the squad. We are hoping he can rebound to what he was for a season in his youth for 40m we should be getting more than hope.
Yeah 40m is too much, and he's not in the top 5 or even 10 attacking players I'd want us to target. I do think he's going to be a good player though and would suit the interior 10 role, probably more so if we had a quick rwb to play outside him which doesn't seem to be happening.

I'm not super happy with what we're doing, but I don't think we'd be bringing in a worthless player.

It is not just Paratici's fault but Agnelli with CR7 has entered the megalomania phase. Having someone on the team earning 30 million € / year made everything mess up. At one point it seemed that € 7 million was almost a little but we woke up one morning and we had taken the longest step. Juventus were successful when they had Bayern Munich style, as they are returning now. The three years of CR7 were madness (exacerbated by COVID).

Igula Igula - Is this the part where you start fronting like you know more than the Juve fan about their own club?

WALOB.
If you want Conte to walk you don't love Spurs.
You love scoring points on the internet.
Yes, I do love Spurs. And have done for the past 25 years.

I do want Conte to have a long association with the club (longer than the 18 months on his contract). And a very successful one at that.

Like I dream of Kano remaining with us til the end of his career, when he'll have smashed the all-time goalscoring record.

But it doesn't change the fact - not the opinion, the fact - that there is something seriously wrong at our club, and if for that to be completely out in the open and resolved, we need the best HC we've ever had (on paper) to storm out and have a press conf for the ages, then that's a price I'm willing to consider paying. And I don't think I'm the only one thinking that, just honest enough to admit it...even though trigger-happy snipers like you gonna have a right boner of it.

Whatever it takes to get the muppets like Levy & co out the club. Cause their presence will have more longterm negative impact than Antonio's absence.

Knowing that once Levy's been fucked off and we have a proper chairman with great football knowledge in place, we'd get AC right back in.

Anyway, you think whatever you wanna think, pal. No sweat of my back

Back
Top Bottom