January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Kulusevski can only play RW making us stick with the 3-4-3 then I like these moves a lot less. Especially because Bentancur in a MF 2 with what we have isn’t that appealing either.
Here's what I'd be happy with at this stage:

- Kulu on loan, with option (not obligation) to buy set at 15 mil + 5 to 10 in bonuses; Conte plays him mainly at RW...but also tries him out at RWB if we don't sign one

- Keep Bergy and have him fight for a starting spot with Kulu and Lucas...surely increased competition can only raise the overall level?

- Betancur on loan, with option to buy set at 10 mil + 5-10 on bonuses; or we buy him outright for 15 mil no bonuses...or even a straight swap with GLC; he ain't guaranteed a starting spot, gotta fight it out with Skippy/Hoj/Winksy

- Bring KWP back home...offer 15 mil now +5-10 in bonuses to So'ton, and they also get Doc and/or Tangs/Joe R

- Bring in a decent striker to play 2nd fiddle to Kano...although he's apparently already signed a pre-contract agreement with Frankfurt, I'd like to see us go after the young Nantes guy, Randall Kolo Muani

If there’s any legs to this Bissouma rumour, would assume it would be something like:

Rodon + cash with option / obligation under certain conditions (no conviction)

if it was me i would double deal on bissouma and lamptey at least they improve us massively

one homegrown too
I like Bissouma, but he's obviously got baggage right now. And I think it'll take another 2 years til he possibly becomes elite.

There's a lot of hype around Lamptey, but I think he still has so much to learn. And I don't think Spurs is the team where he can do that. Stay with Potter at Brighton for another year or two, then maybe. I just feel if we signed him now, that's another Sess in the making

The times we;ve sold players to rivals they've usually paid over the players value to persuade us.
We don't have the budget to do that.
Sorry I can't put it any simpler for you.
jy808de3rl381.jpg

:mourpointlaugh:

Lucas is a bit more lightweight, but......

That job's got Berg's name written all over it..... I just hope Conte can see it.
Perhaps somewhat embarrassingly, I'd never really thought of Bergwijn being tried as a RWB. You're right though, he does have the potential for that - shame he hasn't been tried there before the transfer window ends.

This makes sense in the Tottenham way of operating. I’m zero surprised there’s an interest. A terrible idea however
I’m alright with this

Worst case scenario he robs us of 6mths wages … cheap compared to our long term wage thief’s

The upside … he’s the bollox of a footballer. If he had his head straight til season end he’d get us top 4

It’s a reasonable risk/reward

Last edited:
If Kulusevski can only play RW making us stick with the 3-4-3 then I like these moves a lot less. Especially because Bentancur in a MF 2 with what we have isn’t that appealing either.
He’s not really a RF, he’s more a 10 who staffers nominally wide, and one who puts the yards in s as well. While I suspect his primary use would be the RF in a 343 as you fear, I see no reason why he couldn’t be one of the dual 8s in Conte’s 352.

I wasn't referring to FFP I was referring to we're not a super rich club like Man City are.
We're not super rich, but we still have a hell of a lot of cash.

Thing is, more often than not, we don't like to spend it. And whenever we do spend a bit, we waste it because we've not done our due diligence. See N'Dombele, Lo Celso, Soldado, Paulinho, Chadli, Chiriches, Sanchez...and many, many more.

Yes, I do love Spurs. And have done for the past 25 years.

I do want Conte to have a long association with the club (longer than the 18 months on his contract). And a very successful one at that.

Like I dream of Kano remaining with us til the end of his career, when he'll have smashed the all-time goalscoring record.

But it doesn't change the fact - not the opinion, the fact - that there is something seriously wrong at our club, and if for that to be completely out in the open and resolved, we need the best HC we've ever had (on paper) to storm out and have a press conf for the ages, then that's a price I'm willing to consider paying. And I don't think I'm the only one thinking that, just honest enough to admit it...even though trigger-happy snipers like you gonna have a right boner of it.

Whatever it takes to get the muppets like Levy & co out the club. Cause their presence will have more longterm negative impact than Antonio's absence.

Knowing that once Levy's been fucked off and we have a proper chairman with great football knowledge in place, we'd get AC right back in.

Anyway, you think whatever you wanna think, pal. No sweat of my back
Until levy goes it’s all pretty pointless really. But we carry on

I wasn't referring to FFP I was referring to we're not a super rich club like Man City are.
We're the 9th richest club in the World. Check on Joe Lewis's wealth, and add that also to our revenue. Our potential is close to Chelsea when it comes to spending, not to Southampton...

Back
Top Bottom