January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still think we should go for Ajax' Mazraoui as an option for RWB if we don't really want to spend money. Has got a contract until June 2022 so won't be expensive at all.
Yes, wouldn't be expensive, but what's the point of adding a RWB just for the sake of it...especially as we've not got rid of either Doc or Emerson (yet)?

Mazraoui is no world beater, far from it actually. First, he's very fragile...in 5+ seasons as a pro, he's only played more than 25 games once. Other than that he barely reaches 15. Same with Morocco...since his first cap 4 years ago, he's only played 10 times with them. Yes, they have Hakimi at RWB, but still.

You seem to loooooooove him, but I'm really struggling to get why. So yeah he's scored a few for Ajax this year, but apart from that, he usually doesn't set the workd alight. Probably explains why his contract is running out and there aren't many big teams chasing his signature. When Ajax has a diamond, he's usually under contract for a few years so they can make big money of his transfer.

In a nutshell, that's a hard pass from me

You seem to loooooooove him, but I'm really struggling to get why.
I don't love him, but he has been very good for Ajax in the Champions League against the likes of Dortmund, Chelsea, Bayern and Real etc. as well and would certainly be an upgrade over the RWB's we've got.

Ajax have offered him a new contract a couple of times, but he wants to make a transfer this month or go on a free in the summer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom