List of Paratici/Levy mistakes in last 6 months

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Literally everyone on this forum. Come at me, bro.

SadRecentDromedary-size_restricted.gif

10: Not selling Kane when it was clear that his heart was elsewhere. We will get barely any money for a rebuild when he leaves in the summer.

There was no Kane funded rebuild on offer..... Please let the myth die. As has been proven by what Juve just spent on Vlahovic it would have barely funded another ST and that's it.

It wouldn't have even funded the inferior Lukaku...... Or brought us Martinez.

Last edited:
Because Florentina would have liked the cash, worst that would have happened is being gazumped but Juv where not reported to be interested in him back then and I have never read him not liking us, he was lower profile back then.

If Florentina were so eager for cash last summer; why didn't they accept the bid from Atletico when they offered his supposed asking price?

1. Appointing Nuno

2. Pressurising Nuno to play 4-3-3 even though 3-4-3 suits our team better. Made even worse by the fact Paratici must have known that after Nuno, Conte/ Potter were two priority alternatives both of whom play 3 atb.

3. Buying players such as Emerson that suit 4 atb but not 3 atb. Now he has no use; we could have bought a RWB from the summer.

4. Finding money that NEARLY seals big deals such as Lautaro and Diaz. But then immediately forgetting about that cash when considering alternatives that we actually execute.

5. Bidding for players who don't start for their club, such as Kulusevski and Amarabat. This is nearly always a bad idea, unless there's special circumstances.
1. yes
2. Evidence? Or did you make this up?
3. Hang on you just said we were playing 4 atb so Emerson fits nicely. Or would you not have hired conte because we bought Emerson?
4. There’s always money for the right opportunity. Always has been.
5. Struggling to think of too many of those we’ve made tbf.

I think if we had planned for 3-4-3 since August, we could have built a good team .

The RWB options in transfer market are actually better than RB options.

Then why not shoot for one of those?

Why did so many people here get so caught up in the idea of Traore?

There was no Kane funded rebuild on offer..... Please let the myth die. As has been proven by what Juve just spent on Vlahovic it would have barely funded another ST and that's it.

It wouldn't have even funded the inferior Lukaku...... Or brought us Martinez.
Firstly I want to say that I like you as a poster and despite our very different views on ENIC we haven’t clashed at all on this site.
However, you are taking the pro ENIC rumours as gospel, City offered a pathetic amount of money and we said no. What about Pep’s claims that Levy wouldn’t even pick up the phone to discuss a potential transfer? What about Kane’s gentleman’s agreement with Levy that wasn’t honoured? I’m not saying every rumour against ENIC is true, nor am I saying everything ENIC has ever done has been poor, but there is zero evidence to back up what I said is a “myth” . We should have said beginning of the window Kane is for sale for £120m, clubs have 2 weeks to reach an agreement or he is off the table. If we couldn’t reach a deal then so be it, not having this ordeal drag on into the season. I believe a deal could have been done that was reasonable for all parties.

Firstly I want to say that I like you as a poster and despite our very different views on ENIC we haven’t clashed at all on this site.
However, you are taking the pro ENIC rumours as gospel, City offered a pathetic amount of money and we said no. What about Pep’s claims that Levy wouldn’t even pick up the phone to discuss a potential transfer? What about Kane’s gentleman’s agreement with Levy that wasn’t honoured? I’m not saying every rumour against ENIC is true, nor am I saying everything ENIC has ever done has been poor, but there is zero evidence to back up what I said is a “myth” . We should have said beginning of the window Kane is for sale for £120m, clubs have 2 weeks to reach an agreement or he is off the table. If we couldn’t reach a deal then so be it, not having this ordeal drag on into the season. I believe a deal could have been done that was reasonable for all parties.

I appreciate the respectful tone.... 👍

I don't honestly see where I'm peddling ANY rumour however; pro-ENIC or otherwise...

Pep said many things including pleading poverty on numerous occasions. The whole affair (Kane's skipping pre-season, the Neville interview, wedding-gate etc.) was clearly set up to destabilise him and get him out as cheap as possible as it was obvious we'd (rightfully) value him highly...... I actually think it was also quite telling that no other clubs names were seriously in the frame.

I can accept the suspicion that City had pushed as high as 100m, but anything beyond that is no different to the speculation/supposition you've just accused me of.

Last edited:
Complaint number 6:

Why are we paying (if Kulu meets obligation conditions) more for Kulu and Bentancur than Juve did originally?
They have flopped at Juve, so surely we should get them at a discounted price?

Imagine if we were able to sell GLC or Ndombele at a greater fee than we bought them!

Complaint number 6:

Why are we paying (if Kulu meets obligation conditions) more for Kulu and Bentancur than Juve did originally?

Imagine if we were able to sell GLC or Ndombele at a greater fee than we bought them!
because without paying them so much you'd still have GLC and ndombelè right now in the squad
instead of them

Complaint number 6:

We just have with Ndombele. The option to buy is €65m, that's a profit of €5m on what we paid for him.

No numbers yet to be posted on Lo Celso deal which looks like is done, just waiting on Villareal to shift one player I think.

You seem very adept at melting at stuff before it's actually happened.
Lyon are not going to pay 65 million euros for Ndombele- that is for sure.

I don't give a fuck how much we are paying for Kulusevski, why do you?
I would prefer ENIC invest in our club, but as they don't we have budget restrictions that mean overpaying for certain players will reduce our ability to spend money elsewhere.

Lyon are not going to pay 65 million euros for Ndombele- that is for sure.

I would prefer ENIC invest in our club, but as they don't we have budget restrictions that mean overpaying for certain players will reduce our ability to spend money elsewhere.
No, it's not for sure, you are guessing. There's no problem in taking a guess, we all have to speculate most of the time because we're not party to details, I've no issue with that but that's what it is, a guess. It's not for sure or a certainty.

You assume we've overpaid. You're setting the value here. Where is the value in Conte getting his man, what's that worth? If this was a big old sexy signing you would not doubt be screaming "just get it done" which I think is the stock phrase. You just don't like the singing, I think that's it.

No, it's not for sure, you are guessing.
Unless Lyon get taken over by mega-rich owners by this summer; there is no chance Aulas pays 65 million euros for Ndombele. I would bet any amount of money I had on that.

You assume we've overpaid. You're setting the value here.
I am using the value that Juventus paid for him. We're paying more than they did- and he flopped at Juventus. That doesn't make much sense.

Back
Top Bottom