Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very excited about him and Kulusevski I must say.

Also pleased we kept Bergwijn.

I think we're going to have a very positive 2022.

COYS!

Very excited about him and Kulusevski I must say.

Also pleased we kept Bergwijn.

I think we're going to have a very positive 2022.

COYS!

A positive post? On TFC?

Football Falling Off GIF by Barstool Sports

Yes. We have.
Can someone try and get me excited about this signing?

Everything I've read sounds like a South American Holjberg

Both of these guys seem like victims or manager turnover. Something we know a lot about.

A few seasons ago Bentancur lead Juve in assists. Not saying that’s what he’s brought he to do but let’s see what he can do with Conte

Cheers. No idea how I forgot about him.

Might have had something to do with his last season with us, being part of the invisible midfield of Redknapp, Brown, Davies, Poyet

Anyone questioning how bad the squad is at the moment should take a long hard look at some of the quality we had in 2004

Tottenham 1 Manchester City 1 (Half-time score : 0-1)
Premier League
Monday 12th April 2004
Venue : - White Hart Lane
Kick Off : - 15.00 p.m.
Weather : - Mild, sunny, with some dark cloud later
Referee : - C. Foy (St. Helens)
Crowd : - 35,282
Teams : -
Tottenham : - Keller; Carr (Kelly 32), Doherty, Gardner, Taricco (Bunjevcevic 65); Brown, Redknapp, Poyet (Keane 74), Davies; Kanoute, Defoe
Unused Subs : - Hirschfeld, Ricketts
Manchester City : - James; Tarnat, Distin, Dunne, Jihai (Sinclair 73); Sibierski, McManaman, Bosvelt, Wright-Phillips; Fowler (Wanchope 63), Anelka
Unused Subs : - Arason, Macken, Barton

Might have had something to do with his last season with us, being part of the invisible midfield of Redknapp, Brown, Davies, Poyet

Anyone questioning how bad the squad is at the moment should take a long hard look at some of the quality we had in 2004

Tottenham 1 Manchester City 1 (Half-time score : 0-1)
Premier League
Monday 12th April 2004
Venue : - White Hart Lane
Kick Off : - 15.00 p.m.
Weather : - Mild, sunny, with some dark cloud later
Referee : - C. Foy (St. Helens)
Crowd : - 35,282
Teams : -
Tottenham : - Keller; Carr (Kelly 32), Doherty, Gardner, Taricco (Bunjevcevic 65); Brown, Redknapp, Poyet (Keane 74), Davies; Kanoute, Defoe
Unused Subs : - Hirschfeld, Ricketts
Manchester City : - James; Tarnat, Distin, Dunne, Jihai (Sinclair 73); Sibierski, McManaman, Bosvelt, Wright-Phillips; Fowler (Wanchope 63), Anelka
Unused Subs : - Arason, Macken, Barton

Kanoute, Keane, Defoe .......:contethumb:

Both of these guys seem like victims or manager turnover. Something we know a lot about.

A few seasons ago Bentancur lead Juve in assists. Not saying that’s what he’s brought he to do but let’s see what he can do with Conte

Bentancur especially isn't the victim of anything. He's just a limited player, pretty much always was at Juventus. He had ONE season under Sarri where he got those assists and then reverted straight to the norm. That was the outlier, not something we can or should expect going forward because he's an extremely safe passer of the ball.

He works hard, makes tackles and offers us better depth. That's about what we can expect. We have to stop this 'they're victims of the club!' rubbish because you watch a genuinely very good CM like Locatelli play there and he stands out. Bentancur doesn't because he isn't in that league.

Bentancur especially isn't the victim of anything. He's just a limited player, pretty much always was at Juventus. He had ONE season under Sarri where he got those assists and then reverted straight to the norm. That was the outlier, not something we can or should expect going forward because he's an extremely safe passer of the ball.

He works hard, makes tackles and offers us better depth. That's about what we can expect. We have to stop this 'they're victims of the club!' rubbish because you watch a genuinely very good CM like Locatelli play there and he stands out. Bentancur doesn't because he isn't in that league.
Locatelli has struggled so far at Juve,

He’s going to be a bust. 3 goals 3-4 assist type of player.

Locatelli has struggled so far at Juve,

Not a single Juventus fan I've heard talk about him shares that appraisal. He had a hard settling in period and since has looked a class above, every game recently I've seen in him he looks an absolute class act. Just a quick look at their forums shows you that they're talking about him being a boss, better than Marchisio etc etc .. they rate him.

He’s going to be a bust. 3 goals 3-4 assist type of player.

I think he'll be fine if our fans keep their expectations realistic. He will offer another reliable midfielder who can do the hard running and will make tackles. We needed options there because whenever Skipp/Hojbjerg are out the alternatives are weak.

But he isn't going to be a creative force, and he wasn't being held back by any manager at Juve, this is just the player he is. The only thing holding back Juventus is that they have a lot of players not really good enough for them, and Bentancur was part of that.

3-4 assists is possible, goals don't seem likely .. he hasn't scored a league goal for Juventus since 18/19.
PEH has a couple goals and an assist this season so expecting him to at least match what PEH has been doing this year. If he doesn’t, not sure if he’d be considered a successful signing because we already have two players that can do the ball winning mid roles

I'm not expecting any offensive output nor do i think he'll need to chip in offensively to be a successful signing
So you're ok with having three ball winning mids that have a difficult time distributing the ball and pushing the ball up forward? I thought the whole point of bringing him in is to add perhaps a little more offensively than what we have at that position?

So you're ok with having three ball winning mids that have a difficult time distributing the ball and pushing the ball up forward? I thought the whole point of bringing him in is to add perhaps a little more offensively than what we have at that position?

He's depth/competition for the Hojbjerg role IMO. Nothing more.

He's depth/competition for the Hojbjerg role IMO. Nothing more.

I thought he was to be doing some of the Winks-style work.....

It's still so sketchy what Conte actually wants in MF (based on who we got) and why I still think we'll go back in for another CM in the summer window.

Back
Top Bottom