The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There’s every chance that our rearranged game with that lot could be the CL decider. That would make or break both clubs
I don’t think I could handle it

The Big Bang Theory Reaction GIF

Normally they're a bit like us with their luck in the league, but this season they've been absurdly lucky.

No real injuries apart from early in the season. When they did get a few their game got cancelled. Their opposition instead got the injuries.

They've been like a budget liverpool for a month or two now. They don't have be much better than the opposition, they still squeak out the win somehow.

Normally they're a bit like us with their luck in the league, but this season they've been absurdly lucky.

No real injuries apart from early in the season. When they did get a few their game got cancelled. Their opposition instead got the injuries.

They've been like a budget liverpool for a month or two now. They don't have be much better than the opposition, they still squeak out the win somehow.

Mate, that's classic goonz....... We're nothing like them.

Mate, that's classic goonz....... We're nothing like them.
Nah, I think the last few years they've often been decent but managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory quite consistently.

They also used to have consistent injury issues like us.

One game good one game shit... except their shit games don't cost them points any more.

All the teams going for 4th are Europa cup level, I can definitely see scum dropping points. If we can just put a good run together...

Anybody know the situation if Leicester win the conference league what that means for any positions in the Premier league
Not the 'Brodge apparently.

"The winners of the competition are awarded a position in the Europa League the following season, unless they qualify for the Champions League.[2]"

Even less clear now... but gun to my head, I'd think it's like this:

Champions League: (MAX 5 PL clubs) Top 4 + defending CL champion if they finish below 4th in the PL or Europa League champion. If a defending CL or EL champ isn't top 4 in PL, then 4th place in the PL would drop down to the Europa League

Europa League: (MAX 2/3 PL clubs initially??? -- CL clubs could drop into EL in later rounds.) 5th place + FA Cup winner (if this is a CL team, then it goes to 6th place)

Conference League: (MAX clubs???) League Cup winner. If top 6, then 7th place. EL clubs drop into the Conference League in later rounds

Last edited:
Gone.

As soon as there’s a chance to push into credible contention for top 4, our bunch of bottlers shit their pants.

It was never there. It only existed as a mirage for our fans who are somehow incapable of seeing the truth about this team. You could see this coming a million miles off, this team performs till an ounce of pressure is on their back and then instantly folds.

We will put in a performance next week, probably. Until a slight bit of resistance is in their way and then it's on for another collapse.

Back
Top Bottom