The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Most fucking embarrassing "race" for 4th on record.

giphy.gif

Just enjoy the nearly men time of Pochettino because that is the best it will ever get at this club. A forever losers mentality deep rooted in the club for so long, I can’t see it ever leaving. We will never make a CL Final ever again. We will never win a trophy and i highly doubt we will ever see our club in the CL again now Newcastle have entered the mix. Supporting Spurs is literally an exhausting never ending barrage of disappointments season in, season out. I am so fucking bored of it.

The fans on here thinking there's no hope of top 4 have the mentality they like to complain about the team having.

Top 4 is still well on. Beating Woolwich at home may be key but it's well on.

Look at the remaining fixtures for the clubs contesting top 4.
You think its impossible ? Get a grip, I don't give up that easily.

Of course it’s not impossible. But it would require a turnaround in the form of ourselves and our rivals that is pretty implausible.

Woolwich have won 8 of the last 10, 1 draw and the the only defeat a late one to City. We don’t look capable of matching that and they don’t look like imploding.

The fans on here thinking there's no hope of top 4 have the mentality they like to complain about the team having.

Top 4 is still well on. Beating Woolwich at home may be key but it's well on.
I'd like to stay optimistic, but we needed to win today to even stand a chance - one win, one loss is no way to achieve top 4. I hate to admit it, but it would take a major collapse by three or four teams for us to achieve it. :(

Of course it’s not impossible. But it would require a turnaround in the form of ourselves and our rivals that is pretty implausible.

Woolwich have won 8 of the last 10, 1 draw and the the only defeat a late one to City. We don’t look capable of matching that and they don’t look like imploding.

Woolwich, 13 games to play. Their good form will clash with other clubs' form, but just because they have 8 wins in 10 doesn't mean they will win 8 of their next 10.. a few tricky games for them coming up not going their way could easily give them a slump to drag themselves towards the big pressure games leading in to top 4.

These 5 I refuse to accept they will pick up all the points their recent form
(A) Tottenham
(A) Chelsea
(H) Liverpool
(H) United
(A) West Ham

These 4 home games look like bankers, but could see Leicester or Brighton causing them issues.
(H) Leicester
(H) Brighton
(H) Leeds
(H) Everton

There's at least a couple of banana skins for them in the remaining other 4 away fixtures.
(A) Villa
(A) Palace
(A) Southampton
(A) Newcastle

If you want to believe Woolwich will get 75 or so points from their remaining fixtures, that's up to you.
I don't think they will maintain it.

Woolwich, 13 games to play. Their good form will clash with other clubs' form, but just because they have 8 wins in 10 doesn't mean they will win 8 of their next 10.. a few tricky games for them coming up not going their way could easily give them a slump to drag themselves towards the big pressure games leading in to top 4.

These 5 I refuse to accept they will pick up all the points their recent form
(A) Tottenham
(A) Chelsea
(H) Liverpool
(H) United
(A) West Ham

These 4 home games look like bankers, but could see Leicester or Brighton causing them issues.
(H) Leicester
(H) Brighton
(H) Leeds
(H) Everton

There's at least a couple of banana skins for them in the remaining other 4 away fixtures.
(A) Villa
(A) Palace
(A) Southampton
(A) Newcastle

If you want to believe Woolwich will get 75 or so points from their remaining fixtures, that's up to you.
I don't think they will maintain it.

Who cares what they do? We're nowhere near consistent enough to get close. You can't see them doing well in all those fixtures? What about us? We lose every other fucking week. Yeah keep believing or w/e but there's zero reason to have any kind of actual hope or expectation that we can make it. We'll smash a couple more sides who gives us space on the break, and lose a few more games where teams close us down and sit deeper. That's us. That's Spurs.

It's long gone to be fair. There was no way in hell we get to top 4. We have to do some incredible feat of strength. But you can't do that with exactly 0 creativity in the team + every single defender being dog*****, and constantly making individual errors that leads to plenty of goals for our opponents.
Kane is inconsistent as well. We got no reserve at all.
We got like 2-3 decent first team players and the rest is just meh and i will be happy for all of them to be gone in a no time.
United have players like Ronaldo, who is 37 and may not show all the time, but he is still showing in the right time and can deliver performance like today.

Woolwich are lucky ***** and always have been. Dogs***** team that are always super lucky.

Back
Top Bottom