Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm still not sold on him and this recent run of good form won't make me change my opinion.

The summer was an atrocious window. January was good but he bought 2 players in from his previous club and "getting rid of deadwood"? he managed to loan out 3 players and essentially let Dele leave on a free. Its not as if we got a combined 100m plus for the deadwood...he loaned them out.

I will see what he does in the summer.

I'm still not sold on him and this recent run of good form won't make me change my opinion.

The summer was an atrocious window. January was good but he bought 2 players in from his previous club and "getting rid of deadwood"? he managed to loan out 3 players and essentially let Dele leave on a free. Its not as if we got a combined 100m plus for the deadwood...he loaned them out.

I will see what he does in the summer.

Not saying he should be universally lauded, but you're viewing this with shit-tinted glasses mate.....

In 1 season he's brought in 3 players that have undoubtedly improved the starting XI and we have 2 high prospect youngsters out getting proper experience. When's the last time that happened?

He will have also played a part in us managing to bag Conte.

As for this part: "Its not as if we got a combined 100m plus for the deadwood...he loaned them out."

100m plus!?!?!?!? You're dreaming.... If we could sell them for that much they wouldn't be deemed "deadwood" to begin with, would they? They're duds and are tainted by their last 2 1/2 seasons of shit-ness in view of the whole world. We're gonna have to take a massive hit on them.... That's not Paratici's fault... He's just trying to rehab their value up a little bit to help the overall trf kitty.... That they were loaned will probably serve us better in the longer term.

Of course, any transfer window could be better, but it looks to me like my philosophy of judging trf business at the end of a season is being vindicated.

Not saying he should be universally lauded, but you're viewing this with shit-tinted glasses mate.....

In 1 season he's brought in 3 players that have undoubtedly improved the starting XI and we have 2 high prospect youngsters out getting proper experience. When's the last time that happened?

He will have also played a part in us managing to bag Conte.

As for this part: "Its not as if we got a combined 100m plus for the deadwood...he loaned them out."

100m plus!?!?!?!? You're dreaming.... If we could sell them for that much they wouldn't be deemed "deadwood" to begin with, would they? They're duds and are tainted by their last 2 1/2 seasons of shit-ness in view of the whole world. We're gonna have to take a massive hit on them.... That's not Paratici's fault... He's just trying to rehab their value up a little bit to help the overall trf kitty.... That they were loaned will probably serve us better in the longer term.

Of course, any transfer window could be better, but it looks to me like my philosophy of judging trf business at the end of a season is being vindicated.
my point was that we got no money for the "deadwood" people are giving him massive praise for. We loaned them out so it's not as if he did something spectacular getting rid of them (the only one we got rid of permanently was for free).

In the summer he brought in

Gollini who looks useless

Emerson who is useless

Romero who looks good but I'm still not sold
on

Gil who has since been loaned out

Sarr who was loaned out

That is not a good return.

In January he brought in 2 players who have been very good so far so he has redeemed himself BUT he is dealing with his old club so he didn't need to showcase his DOF skills to an extent. As I said the jury is still out and I will wait to see what he does in the summer.

my point was that we got no money for the "deadwood" people are giving him massive praise for.

Who? Where?

"Massive praise"?

Commonly? ...........You sure about that?

We loaned them out so it's not as if he did something spectacular getting rid of them (the only one we got rid of permanently was for free).

Again...... "Spectacular"?

Who's making that extent of a claim.

Emerson who is useless

on

Sarr who was loaned out

Meh; that's shit-tinted. (All due respect etc.)

My glass is half full...... Yours is 3/4s empty.

I mean.... Gollini.... Who gives a fuck?

In January he brought in 2 players who have been very good so far so he has redeemed himself BUT he is dealing with his old club so he didn't need to showcase his DOF skills to an extent.

Juve or Timbuktu..... Again; honestly; who gives a fuck?

As I said the jury is still out and I will wait to see what he does in the summer.

And like I said, I'm not expecting you to shower him with plaudits (I haven't either!).

However, even if he has a 10/10 window in the summer; it won't make this season any better or worse.

my point was that we got no money for the "deadwood" people are giving him massive praise for. We loaned them out so it's not as if he did something spectacular getting rid of them (the only one we got rid of permanently was for free).

Emerson who is useless

on

Sarr who was loaned out

In January he brought in 2 players who have been very good so far so he has redeemed himself BUT he is dealing with his old club so he didn't need to showcase his DOF skills to an extent. As I said the jury is still out and I will wait to see what he does in the summer.
Harsh. He's been here 9 months, and had to make-do with Nuno for a few months.

Outs before ins necessary to revamp any roster.

Q5A4k8U.png

Sold Dele to Everton (LOL) this winter.

Loaned Ndombele, Lo Celso and Gil to clubs where they've had an immediate impact. Likewise for Jack Clarke.

Loaned Ndombele, Lo Celso and Gil to clubs where they've had an immediate impact. Likewise for Jack Clarke.

Lo Celso been doing well then? Haven't kept up with him since he left.

Lo Celso been doing well then? Haven't kept up with him since he left.
You mean besides knocking out Juventus and advancing to the Champions League QFs vs Bayern?

Villarreal lost a La Liga match yesterday they should've won, but are presently 7th in the table and still in Europa League contention for next season.

You mean besides knocking out Juventus and advancing to the Champions League QFs vs Bayern?

Villarreal lost a La Liga match yesterday they should've won, but are presently 7th in the table and still in Europa League contention for next season.

He did that all on his own?!

It was a legit question, I don't know what his individual performances have been like for them or whether they're likely to try and get him permanently. I hear Ndombele's performances have been mixed and the likelihood of Lyon signing him is very low, so we've kicked that can down the road.

He did that all on his own?!

It was a legit question, I don't know what his individual performances have been like for them or whether they're likely to try and get him permanently. I hear Ndombele's performances have been mixed and the likelihood of Lyon signing him is very low, so we've kicked that can down the road.
Lyon also advanced to the QFs in the competition they're in (Europa League) w/ Ndombele.

There is approx. 0% chance Lyon will buy back Ndombele, unless it's an esoteric deal to sell him somewhere else (PSG, Barça/Real, Juve/Inter/Milan), or we sell him to them for way below his value.

The players he got out are equally as important as the players we got in. Remember we had to pay off Aurier and Ndombele refused to budge in the last 2 windows.
I'm in the happy and novel position of being extremely happy with our first XI and reasonably happy with our reserves.
And also confident that we will be improving our reserves in the summer.

Interesting read thanks. Their recruitment has been key to their current success, and it was the same under him at at Monaco.

Most elite clubs are (or should be) using a data/scouting combo - but clearly some do it much better than others. Just look at Liverpool under Edwards ( who worked here once upon a time).

This guy has now done it at two clubs in different leagues.

Q5A4k8U.png

what do you mean he had to make do with Nuno? please elaborate.

Who? Where?

"Massive praise"?

Commonly? ...........You sure about that?

Again...... "Spectacular"?

Who's making that extent of a claim.

Meh; that's shit-tinted. (All due respect etc.)

My glass is half full...... Yours is 3/4s empty.

I mean.... Gollini.... Who gives a fuck?

Juve or Timbuktu..... Again; honestly; who gives a fuck?

And like I said, I'm not expecting you to shower him with plaudits (I haven't either!).

However, even if he has a 10/10 window in the summer; it won't make this season any better or worse.

you said "who gives a fuck" that Gollini looks shite?

ok.

you said "who gives a fuck" that Gollini looks shite?

ok.

At this point in the season... A loan reserve keeper..... That likely won't even play again... And will get shipped back in the summer?

I mean yeh, it's obviously something vaguely negative for you to cling to in defiance of the obvious up-side to this season's trf business, but otherwise...... Yeh, who gives a fuck....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom