Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

my point was that we got no money for the "deadwood" people are giving him massive praise for. We loaned them out so it's not as if he did something spectacular getting rid of them (the only one we got rid of permanently was for free).

In the summer he brought in

Gollini who looks useless

Emerson who is useless

Romero who looks good but I'm still not sold
on

Gil who has since been loaned out

Sarr who was loaned out

That is not a good return.

In January he brought in 2 players who have been very good so far so he has redeemed himself BUT he is dealing with his old club so he didn't need to showcase his DOF skills to an extent. As I said the jury is still out and I will wait to see what he does in the summer.

He’s the reason we have conte as our manager. Huge W

what do you mean he had to make do with Nuno? please elaborate.
I have no inside knowledge, but seems to me like he hired him to fire him.

It's possible that Nuno was supposed to be the long-term guy... but considering he was sacked after 10 PL matches (17 total) AND we announced Conte the next day, I'm imagining that it had been in the works for a minute.

If NDombele and GLC are with us at the start of next season I shall be extremely disappointed. So much so that I will send a very strongly worded letter to Mr Paratici.

Not his fault.... He didn't sign them.

It's been discussed over and over (and over again), but selling them is gonna be virtually impossible; particularly in Ndombele's case.

Unless he breaches his contract, we owe him £30m; it's a simple as that. Cross both fingers that another loan can be found; allowing us to at least re-coup some of that...... The 60m trf fee is as good as a write off already.

Last edited:

It's been discussed over and over (and over again), but selling them is gonna be virtually impossible; particularly in Ndombele's case.

Unless he breaches his contract, we owe him £30m; it's a simple as that. Cross both fingers that another loan can be found; allowing us to at least re-coup some of that...... The 60m trf is as good as a write off already.

Yep .. Paratici's done the best he could, i.e sending them to clubs where they're most likely to impress and thus attract attention. Ndombele's back at the club he made his reputation at, and GLC is back in the league he thrived in.

The problem with Ndombele is to actually get clubs interested in buying him, he'd have to perform at some otherworldly level. Clubs aren't just taking a punt on a 200k p/w player because of a few decent games.

Unless he breaches his contract, we owe him £30m; it's a simple as that. Cross both fingers that another loan can be found; allowing us to at least re-coup some of that...... The 60m trf is as good as a write off already.
virtually impossible to sell Lo Celso?

I think we can sell all of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Gil, Emerson and whoever else. Ndombele, Lo Celso and in particular Gil have done quite well on loan. Obviously it’s the price point but £20-30m for Lo Celso and Ndombele and £50-60m for Gil could be very doable IMO. Even Emerson reportedly has a good bit of interest.

Really like Gil but if Conte doesn’t want him and we get good money to buy someone else got to take it.

I think we can sell all of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Gil, Emerson and whoever else. Ndombele, Lo Celso and in particular Gil have done quite well on loan. Obviously it’s the price point but £20-30m for Lo Celso and Ndombele and £50-60m for Gil could be very doable IMO. Even Emerson reportedly has a good bit of interest.
50 to 60 Mill for Gil? ummmmmmmmm

no.

virtually impossible to sell Lo Celso?

Like I said; more-so in Ndombele's case, but we're gonna have to take a big hit on GLC's trf fee and maybe swallow a slice of his wages due to the level (lack of wealth) of the clubs that are likely to be interested in him.

Well, I find Fabio very personable, he's saying all the right things, and his transfer dealings seem to be ok/good so far. And if he's the main reason we managed to land Antonio, then he's earned his corn so far. He's a huge step up from Hitchin, that's for sure, in every department.

Put politely; this is fanciful in the extreme.

Fatally; in Ndombele's case you're ignoring his obscene wages and the fact that even 30m is a lot of money for the (low) level of clubs likely to be interested in him.... Ditto GLC (albeit his wages are a less).

Btw, reports suggest Ndombele isn't doing well on loan at all and that Lyon aren't interestsed in making him permanent.... Who is this "interest" you speak of?

[re: Gil] Why not, he has had reported Barca interest and a few other clubs, is doing excellent at Valencia and is a Spanish international and very young. £50m is even that much these days.

It most certainly is for any club outside of the the top 10 richest in the world.

...And one of those (the aforementioned Barca) is all kinds of fucked for the time being.

Last edited:
Well, I find Fabio very personable, he's saying all the right things, and his transfer dealings seem to be ok/good so far. And if he's the main reason we managed to land Antonio, then he's earned his corn so far. He's a huge step up from Hitchin, that's for sure, in every department.

Yeah I agree with all of that. Sure he didn’t start off well with the manager search and Nuno was a huge cock up but he came into the club at a hard time in regards to that. We’d properly messed it up pretty much for the day of sacking Mourinho and not tying up Nagelsmann right that day for whatever reason.

I’m really happy with Conte so it has worked out well in the end but I can’t help and think that this season could have gone a lot better. He’s done as well as he could in the circumstances I think.

Yeah I agree with all of that. Sure he didn’t start off well with the manager search and Nuno was a huge cock up but he came into the club at a hard time in regards to that. We’d properly messed it up pretty much for the day of sacking Mourinho and not tying up Nagelsmann right that day for whatever reason.

Nagelsmann was already essentially bagged by BM by then.

Much like ETHaag had already extended his deal at Ajax.

I’m really happy with Conte so it has worked out well in the end but I can’t help and think that this season could have gone a lot better. He’s done as well as he could in the circumstances I think.

Once one accepts the above; the only popular names were Potter, Poch & Conte.

All things considered we ended up with the best of the bunch; the summer was just a shit sandwhich where we had no choice but to take a bite... We could have kept hold of Jose til May and it wouldn't have changed anything.

It's time to give him some credit.

Romero Bentancur Kulusevski transfers all paying off.

Gil a fantastic prospect.
I think Paratici may well be bang average as a DOF. But he has already shown how atrocious the Hitchen years were - clearly no ability to manage Levy or Poch and an unbelievable lack of hits given the money we did spend.

Back
Top Bottom