Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He did show a flag that says "Wales, Golf, Madrid, in that order"

Pretty disrespectful. Imagine someone saying tgat for Spurs. We would want to sell him asap.
I'm not losing any sleep over him to be fair. I'm at a loss towards the adoration of some Spurs fans towards him who self marketed himself (solo laps of the pitch to the chants of "Bale, Bale, Bale" whilst the entire team headed off into the dressing room - never saw that once since he left, instantly a much better team ethic) to get his dream move to Madrid, kissing the badge before he even kicked a ball.

But he has had a pretty rough ride in the press over there, he's not alone Hazard, Benzema to name just a couple in the last few years the players should have a right to reply as such is the venom that's spat from their media it fuels the fans too.

Both can rot as far as I'm concerned, he's not even close to being a legend at Spurs in my eyes, we improved as a team after we sold his arse (I enjoyed watching him play but enjoyed watching Spurs after he left).

Pretty disrespectful. Imagine someone saying tgat for Spurs. We would want to sell him asap.

He was only reciprocating the ‘respect’ he’d been getting from Real.

So you’re wrong.

I think it was a brilliant response.

Edit: I will caveat that anything I do say about Bale will be biased as fuck. Obviously being a Welshman, and Bale being one of, if not the greatest player Wales ever had (certainly in my lifetime), I think I’m bound to view him through rose tinted specs.

Spurs and Wales legend as far as I’m concerned, and whilst I absolutely respect people disagreeing with that, I won’t change my mind.

He could be 86 and I’d still have him for ‘one more season’.

Genuinely think he could offer us something for a season as a squad player…massively reduced wages etc. I stand by that!

Wales, Golf, Tottenham!

:levyeyes:

As much as we can be critical of players, that was a two-way street. The level of disrepect and actually pure hatred he received from their fan base is one that I haven't seen and don't think, I'll ever see from Spurs fans. Towards a current player - Sol doesn't count :contescrewface:

I don’t think it an excuse. Jose underused him. He did the business when he played

Some games; yes..... Others; far from it.

Piss poor in the NLD (eg) and far from the talismanic senior presence one would have hoped in the Europa League.

Whilst I think it's reasonable to conclude he & Jose didn't gel too well; the above noted reluctance to play him isn't entirely unjustified.

As much as we can be critical of players, that was a two-way street. The level of disrepect and actually pure hatred he received from their fan base is one that I haven't seen and don't think, I'll ever see from Spurs fans. Towards a current player - Sol doesn't count :contescrewface:

It's not universal, but as a microcosm; look at the undue abuse (note: beyond mere criticism) the likes of Winks, Davies, Dier, Dele, PEH receive(d)...... We've got a DOF that some clowns here call a "criminal" & a "parasite".... Nuno got the toxic treatment from many..... Then there's the Ndombele (and to a lesser extent GLC) sagas..... Levy; lol... Say no more.

I guess what I"m saying is if fans here feel their club is being wronged by an individual (however tenuous that claim may be!) that soon turns to spite.

.....The main difference vs Bale is the press also projects and amplifies tribal bias.

If the guy was on 100k or less a week and was a bench option he would probably get us 10-15 goals over the season so that would be useful. However if the wages are in anyway big I think not as we have more pressing concerns.

Bale would never be playing enough games to take all those free kicks because his injury record is awful.
Even allowing for that if he took the free kicks in the games he would have been fit for, he would have scored significantly more than the zero Kane has scored since 2014. On a separate note why doesn’t Son take them rather than Kane ?

I’d happily have the elf eared cunt back again if he didn’t demand daft money (which he won’t because he’s got eyes on retirement soon imo)
He’s been a magnificent talent and can still shine like a crazy diamond at times.
I’ve flip flopped about him for years but he does keep surprising at a high level when you think he’s on the way out.
12 Month contract at £100k a week so he can get fit for the World Cup and end his career with us.
Don’t think there’s a loser in that deal.

Back
Top Bottom