Modern Football is Broken - Picture Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

I'm to busy grabbing people around to get the phone out and I'd probably end up chucking/dropping it.

I miss the post-goal mosh-pits...... :(

You wouldn't be able to hold an I-phone up even if you wanted to.

Just count myself lucky to have experienced the old standing days of Park Lane tbh......

Im ranting about it on other pages but to me skys biased coverage is a disgrace and one of the reasons i dont have sky anymore. Their coverage of the game and coverage of decisions today is an absolute disgrace

This is what fucks me off. All whinging about the fixtures, all whinging about the impact that's ultimately caused by the TV schedule but all happy to take gargantuan sums of money in wages.

Because they all earn so much, the big players in teams don't have competition so they play more.

Don't want less money though, do they?

This is what fucks me off. All whinging about the fixtures, all whinging about the impact that's ultimately caused by the TV schedule but all happy to take gargantuan sums of money in wages.

Because they all earn so much, the big players in teams don't have competition so they play more.

Don't want less money though, do they?
Tbf, Shitty could pretty much put out different squads for each game and stand a decent chance of winning everything.

Cry-babies.

(Not saying it’s not difficult to play these games back-to-back, but that’s why they have a squad and it’s part of the manager’s job to manage that challenge - it’s as much a part of the Prem as dodgy VAR and Sky bias). Get over it!

Im ranting about it on other pages but to me skys biased coverage is a disgrace and one of the reasons i dont have sky anymore. Their coverage of the game and coverage of decisions today is an absolute disgrace
It really is. I stopped giving Sky a penny of my money over ten years ago and have zero regrets.

They're pathetic.

"People appreciate me because I shop at the supermarket, I tidy up my children's room, I am a tourist in the city like everyone else. I am privileged, there are people who work 12 hours a day, we train for three hours We should stop considering footballers as stars, our job must be demystified.

For me football was fun, but I stopped living it in a carefree way the day I walked into the Real Madrid training center at 11. If I hadn't turned pro my analysis would be much more bitter. During my training I lived with over 300 young people and 85% of them did not break through. At Real they give you a big salary, a luxury car, an expensive watch, you live on another planet. But that's not the real football. "

Borja Valero

Like it or loathe it, it seems this is the direction of football at the top level now.

A guy like Mourinho, who had so much success only a few years ago, had strong defensive organisation, but didn't try to micro manage the attacking phase the way guys like pep, conte and klopp seem to now. And he's been left behind as a result.

Coaching automations may work, but it doesn't really encourage creativity or spontaneity, which is Fabregas' point I guess.

Back
Top Bottom