The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only way 4th would miss out on champions lge is if the spammers win the Europa and Chelsea win the champions lge and finish outside the top 4 (of which them doing either is unlikely)

Apologies, particularly to Elnoel, just read the remainder of the thread - master of the bleedin obvious
If Chelsea were to somehow drop out of the top four and win the CL then it would be on us to take 3rd place and this becomes a non-issue.

We are currently way ahead on form compared to our top four rivals, we have the much better manager and elite goalscorers which the others don't (outside of Penaldo). We also have the easier run-in and just won what was, on paper, probably our third hardest game after Liverpool and the Arse.

Honestly I think we blow Woolwich away and would not be at all surprised to get something from Liverpool. We are the team to fear in the league right now.

After Spurs v Brighton - Saturday 12:30 ko. Woolwich will play three games before Spurs play again.
Southampton (A) - Saturday 3pm ko.
Chelsea (A) - Wednesday 20th April.
Man Utd (H) - Saturday 23rd April 12.30 ko.
When Spurs run out to play Brentford on Saturday 23rd April 17.30 ko. It could be party time already.

Just don’t lose to them & should get home comfortably! Conte is doing the miracle he spoke about. No one saw this coming!

:llorishowudoin:
31 Dec:
I actually think we will finish fourth. Utd don't have a perm manager which was a stupid move. And west ham have already shown they cant sustain it. Woolwich ar better, but are they as good as us? I don't think so, not under Conte.
9 Feb:
I think we will finish top 4, quite comfortably.

Our inferior GD also reflects the fact we have played less games than our rivals. Chances are our GD improves a bit once we have played those games. We’re in a great position in my opinion.

Admitedly, we haven't yet done it and you're going to make me look a fool if we don't go on to finish the job. But I still think we are the only real contender.

We have the 12.30 Saturday slot at home to Brighton. Let’s just win that and and pile the pressure on them. We’d be 6 ahead then yand a minimum of goal difference of 11. They’ll have their two games in hand them Southampton (a) and Chavs (a) before we play next at Brentford.

We can definitely challenge Liverpool. Not saying we will beat them, but every chance we score and hurt them

One HUGE advantage to "fourth place being ours to lose" is that one point is probably good enough at the time of this one coming around. If we were in a three point or die scenario, it would be different. Liverpool likely being in a three points required every outing to keep up with City, combined with less urgency for us, will play massively into our hands.

hope city win mostly for us really in regards to our liverpool game

we dont need them still fighting for the title by then

i do think we will beat them tho we are due a win

As long as we win our winnable games before Liverpool, it don’t matter Mate. No chance in a million years are Woolwich winning all 4 of their next games. Have you seen who they got? We could end up playing Liverpool with a big points advantage over Woolwich if we keep winning, so losing to Liverpool wouldn’t be a disaster

defo better if city win today and pool are out of the race when we play of depends on our results before that gameof course would not want to go there having to win .

The pressure will be on them as well, in fact they'd be under more pressure to win because of their own circumstances.

West Ham and Wolves were never really in the top 4 race that was just media hype to make it seem more interesting.

Still, nice to see Eriksen put another London club to the sword.
Wolves are such a weird team, when they play us and almost every time I watch them they look so slick and capable (except the lack of goals), but in between they end up losing/drawing to every other Leeds and Newcastle.

As long as we win our winnable games before Liverpool, it don’t matter Mate. No chance in a million years are Woolwich winning all 4 of their next games. Have you seen who they got? We could end up playing Liverpool with a big points advantage over Woolwich if we keep winning, so losing to Liverpool wouldn’t be a disaster

We can't lose to Liverpool and then have Woolwich come to us with anything to play for. That gap would have to be over 6 points for us not to care what what the Liverpool result is.

We may have an easy run in based on average positions of each team, but Burnley, Norwich, Brentford are all fighting relegation. Leicester and Woolwich want Europe, Liverpool want the title so only really Brighton with the sun loungers out.

We can't lose to Liverpool and then have Woolwich come to us with anything to play for. That gap would have to be over 6 points for us not to care what what the Liverpool result is.

We can’t expect to beat Liverpool either away. Can we get a result? No doubt, but i don’t think we are going to win every single one of our games bud, so if you gave me a choice to drop points in 1 game, it would be the Liverpool one. We win all our other games, we get 4th it’s as simple as that.

Agree with this. They aren’t scoring goals and are conceding, not a great combo 😂

That said, I would be surprised if we win the next 3 so might find that Utd have a bounce and are close? I guess the fact they play each other is good for us as someone drops off

We may have an easy run in based on average positions of each team, but Burnley, Norwich, Brentford are all fighting relegation. Leicester and Woolwich want Europe, Liverpool want the title so only really Brighton with the sun loungers out.
And if we steer clear of injuries, we are better than all of those sides bar Pool whether they have something to play for or not

Brighton might ‘have sun loungers out’ but I would rather play Norwich or Burnley all day long. Besides, those two could be down by the time we play em anyway

Back
Top Bottom