Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don’t expect our fluid, attacking play to continue if Lucas comes in. Awful player, handicapped us for years. Erratic, braindead destroyer
14 PL assists in his entire career playing alongside Son and Kane. What a disgrace. As Kulsevski shows you just need to put in a decent cross to rack up assists from Son/Kane goals.

14 PL assists in his entire career playing alongside Son and Kane. What a disgrace. As Kulsevski shows you just need to put in a decent cross to rack up assists from Son/Kane goals.
It’s not just the lack of assists, it’s worse than that…. He simply never gets the ball forward quickly into the feet of Kane or space ahead of Son. He stifles any form of style and flow across the whole attack. We’ve seen the benefit of releasing them early since he’s been binned and we are averaging over 3 goals per game without him. Good riddance

Doherty must be gutted. Such terrible timing for this injury. At this stage of his career having so recently cemented himself a place in the side, by the time he's next fit to play we could have a newly signed shoe in replacement. Could be a career defining moment for him but it is what it is.

We should be OK. Rather than Emerson I would rather see Bergwijn get in the side against Brighton, even if we stick Kulu rwb with Berg ahead.

You don't even need to cross it. Just pass the ball instead of relentlessly running into dead ends.
Ironically though, his last "assist" for Bergwijn happened because he did that against Newcastle.

So not singing another wingback in January might haunt us. I like the lad but my god, Emerson is a terrible footballer. I would even be inclined to say that Winks would do a better job at wingback then Emerson.

In fairness I don’t think Emerson is too bad once he is told not to cross the halfway line. Certainly a better defender than aurier but he should be moved on in the summer. Can sessegnon go in at rwb?

FFS! :(

Through adversity comes innovation.

Initiate The Bergwijn Experiment please, Papa Tony. :contepray:
That should have been the first option to try anyway. Its not like Doherty adds anything in defense, Bergwijn would definitely be an upgrade while attacking. Conte HAS to do this! Its the obvious logical decision to make.

Where’s tangana?
As always
Tv Land Pain GIF by nobodies.

Absolutely gutted about Doherty's injury. He's improved so much recently and that's a massive credit to him.

That's what happens though when a manager sends his team out to basically smash the opposition. Three bad tackles in that game starting with Cash, Mings and then Ashley Young.

These refs are clueless. They'll book a player for a soft foul like Hojberg did, then let go tackles like the ones mentioned above where only Young got booked when if anything that should have been a sending off. The Mings and Cash ones were out of control.

Back
Top Bottom