The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

6th will get Europe.
It's Europe Jim, but not as we know it.

giphy.gif

Brentford beat Wham 2-0, leaving Wham 6 points behind us having played a game more - and they have only 6 games left to play.

Amazing weekend results with all 4 teams jus below us who are/were top 4 contenders (Woolwich, ManU, Wham, Wolves) all losing this weekend whilst we win 4-0, so all of them have lost ground on us.
One beautiful part of smashing teams, we gained +5 at least GD on all of them, last week as well…

Conte said in one of his press conferences that he uses a ‘carrot and stick’ methodology. Sometimes he chooses to dangle a carrot in front of the players, sometimes he has to be harsher and use the stick.

Carrot: allowing the players to have a few days off if they get a result

Stick: Being harsh with the players if they’re not doing so well (i.e half time yesterday)

Hooe he does it like this;

Harry “Antonio, I love golf and as we have a few days R&R can I go to the Masters please?”

Antonio “Harry, I can see how happy you are, you are fit and in a great moment, can you promise me, if you go, you will treat your body as it is here, not as a holiday, have massages daily and R&R”

Harry “Thanks Mr Conte, I promise to finish my greens this time, the 10% fine after your detectives followed me to Poundland for some Shoe Laces taught me a valuable lesson.”

Antonio “Well done, enjoy, enjoy “

It’s nice to be able to put more pressure on. With our superior goal difference, if we win on Saturday gooners can’t overtake us for another 3 games

And that is pressure right there.

And Conte should not need to motivate the players to treat Brighton seriously.

From nowhere it's nearly ours 10 points - done deal in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom