Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gil is more talented than Kulu, and much better at dribbling from what I've seen of them so far.

Kulu atm is more physically ready for the PL, and perhaps has slightly better finishing. But tbh we need a RW who is a reliable scorer of goals, which we don't have at all.
I’ve seen every Tottenham game of both. And nothing so far to suggest either is completely better or worse. Time tells most 👍

Bryan Gil with another Spanish u21 call up after excellent performances for Valencia

Still unsure whether his future is as an alternative to Son (and possible successor in a couple of years) with with his rapid pace or as a moneyball project to net a £60m - £80m fee.

I guess we see in pre-season whether he's being integrated into Spurs squad

Bryan Gil with another Spanish u21 call up after excellent performances for Valencia

Still unsure whether his future is as an alternative to Son (and possible successor in a couple of years) with with his rapid pace or as a moneyball project to net a £60m - £80m fee.

I guess we see in pre-season whether he's being integrated into Spurs squad

Might wanna calm down a bit there fella.

Just saw him getting carried off injured today for Valencia :contehandshead:
Looked like possibly a hip injury

FPcFD_oWYBgpUO4

Assume they haven't heard of stretchers yet in Valencia

Last edited:
Gold:
Gil had picked up an injury in Valencia's 0-0 home draw at Cadiz last Sunday and had to leave the action after 78 minutes. The 21-year-old Spurs winger needed to be helped from the pitch by a couple of Valencia staff after the injury.

Spanish radio station RadioEsport Valencia claimed the day after that Gil underwent some low intensity work in the gym with discomfort in his lower back and part of his hip and did not train with his team-mates.

The La Liga club will want Gil to be fit because he has quickly become a key part of their team with 11 appearances for the Spanish side, registering one assist since his switch from Tottenham.

Gil missed the Monday game and Valencia next game Sat 16th.
He hasn't scored but he has 11 apps and they only lost once to Barca.

Gold:
Gil had picked up an injury in Valencia's 0-0 home draw at Cadiz last Sunday and had to leave the action after 78 minutes. The 21-year-old Spurs winger needed to be helped from the pitch by a couple of Valencia staff after the injury.

Spanish radio station RadioEsport Valencia claimed the day after that Gil underwent some low intensity work in the gym with discomfort in his lower back and part of his hip and did not train with his team-mates.

The La Liga club will want Gil to be fit because he has quickly become a key part of their team with 11 appearances for the Spanish side, registering one assist since his switch from Tottenham.

Gil missed the Monday game and Valencia next game Sat 16th.
He hasn't scored but he has 11 apps and they only lost once to Barca.
He didn't take part in Valencia's last game v Rayo Vallecano.

He still doesn't shoot enough, and tends to defer to others in the final third despite being more talented, and more likely to do something positive. His teammates usually either can't or won't play him a final pass in the final third. I lean towards "can't" more than "won't" as Valencia are not too good offensively and struggle to create chances. I hope he keeps becoming more selfish in possession, and looks to shoot more, and get into shooting positions more often.

He didn't take part in Valencia's last game v Rayo Vallecano.

He still doesn't shoot enough, and tends to defer to others in the final third despite being more talented, and more likely to do something positive. His teammates usually either can't or won't play him a final pass in the final third. I lean towards "can't" more than "won't" as Valencia are not too good offensively and struggle to create chances. I hope he keeps becoming more selfish in possession, and looks to shoot more, and get into shooting positions more often.
Maybe villareal next season lol

Wonder when he returns in the summer he might be given a chance in the LWB slot?
Contrary to inital expectations, Conte doesn't seem to want to convert any of his wingers to WB.

Back
Top Bottom