Brighton (H) - Saturday (16th April) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me, Pawson is the worst ref in the PL. He’s a fucking coward which is worse than a cunt. At least when a cunt like Mike Dean is reffing the game, you know what you’re getting with him.

Pawson lets teams walk all over him. Today he essentially blew for a foul anytime EITHER team fell over. And as you mentioned, lets one of theirs off with several warnings because he’s too much of a coward to make a real decision.
Well he didn't send Kulu off so it's not all bad.

My problem with today was the lack of realisation the plan wasn't working.

Again and again and again and again we played short passes between Dier and Romero, back and forth and then as soon as either one tried to play it into midfield, one of the ever present 4 Brighton players was on it. They had 4 men between our back 3 and middle 4 almost every time. They basically played a very defensive game but did it with their attacking players.

Against Villa it worked for the first half but a tactical switch stopped it. At no point today did we ever switch. It was the same shit, every time.
No wonder Kane, Son and Kulu had poor games, their team mates rarely managed to move the ball as far as the front three.

Conte is gonna need to look at that and realise some teams will have a plan and work out a plan B for us.

Reguillion
PEH
Emerson
Doherty
I've said it many times and I'll keep.aaying it. Start with any of these you can not compete for honours.

Winks
Lucas
Gollini
Have to bring these players on to save games and you can't compete period.
You can carry two out of the four IMO with eight other footballers but tip that balance any lower and it’s back to shut perifmeances and not controlling the match

Again and again and again and again we played short passes between Dier and Romero, back and forth and then as soon as either one tried to play it into midfield, one of the ever present 4 Brighton players was on it. They had 4 men between our back 3 and middle 4 almost every time. They basically played a very defensive game but did it with their attacking players.

Against Villa it worked for the first half but a tactical switch stopped it. At no point today did we ever switch. It was the same shit, every time.
No wonder Kane, Son and Kulu had poor games, their team mates rarely managed to move the ball as far as the front three.

Conte is gonna need to look at that and realise some teams will have a plan and work out a plan B for us.
Should try Dier, Davies or Romero stepping fwd into MF and tucking in PEH and Royal as cover, well away from the ball

Should try Dier, Davies or Romero stepping fwd into MF and tucking in PEH and Royal as cover, well away from the ball
Or just go over the top. Brighton had 4 players in advanced positions shutting our defenders down. And all we kept doing was passing it into them trying to play it short and low to our mids.

Strange, dull game. We could barely string any passes together. Brighton were well organised and pressed well but it wasn't exactly a vintage performance from them.
I feel like Conte should have put an extra player in midfield in the second half - we could not anything going through midfield.
Our wing backs were a complete joke. I can't remember a single cross from them.
Somehow Woolwich did not capitalise.
The way we lost is the worrying part. I never felt like we could score.
Please no Winks even as a sub.
I completely agree with an extra man in the midfield, Brighton overloaded it easily with their 5-4-1. If we played a 3-5-2 with a creative midfielder beside Hojbjerg and Bent I guarantee we would have played much better. Kind of like how Ndombele played in that draw against Liverpool a few months ago. The problem is we don't have a single player that can play that role. Need to address this in the summer.
Games like this when Kulu and Lucas are powerless is where you need an actual playmaking midfielder to connect the midfield to the attack, not just Kane.

Or just go over the top. Brighton had 4 players in advanced positions shutting our defenders down. And all we kept doing was passing it into them trying to play it short and low to our mids.
They had good shape tho. Going long worked well against the shambolic Villa set up but Brighton always seem to limit chances against. Clever, annoying side

That's what I don't understand most of all. It was clear after half an hour that they had us sussed. As most of you know, I'm a huge Regi fan, we more or less grew up together, but I my god was he anonymous today. Numerous times I kept asking myself if he was actually playing - "Where the fuck is he?".

So take him off, change the system and try to take control of the midfield. Back four, maybe pull off Kulu who was poor as well (lucky to stay on although in fairness, no poorer than Kane and Son) and bring on Lucas and Bergwijn and go at them. But no, best to stay with a tactic that clearly wasn't working.

Davies was head and shoulders our best player today. Romero (more or less, apart from their goal), PEH (maybe) and Dier escape most of my wrath. The rest were shite

We wouldnt have if bergwijn had played instead of emerson. If the aim for our wingbacks is to give us more in attack, its such an easy choice to pic bergwijn ahead of emerson.
Absolutely. No penetration whatsoever from E-R. Reggie was no better. From my viewpoint, nor was Kane. Bit late now though.

The main issue was our lack of energy, compounded by the fact that Brighton had tons of it.

All I saw was Dier hoofing it long to our forwards. Brighton was totally ready for it. If we had a very technical gifted AM who could break the high press and create better numbers in the attacking end we could have got after em.

I haven't made any anti-english comments. I'm not even anti-english.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

The plan:
Finish work at 6pm, go down the pub and Lord it over all the cunty goonads and spammers after a season defining win.
The reality:
Decided to work late and then have a quiet beer in back garden burning a load of old shite.

Spurs is a fucking sentence, not a word.

Back
Top Bottom