Brighton (H) - Saturday (16th April) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The lack of energy is bad enough, then the lack of any decent passing but just looking so clueless when we’re anywhere near the final third of the pitch is shocking.
Bcos we can only play one way and when that is nullified we are shocking. I wonder how they are prepared for games like during the week? Conte was on about have more time between games now to prepare the team. I reckon this past week they must have been all sat on a sofa watching day time tv. Woeful performance considering what’s at stake. We are home but never once played like the home team. Certainly didn’t come out fired up. Basically reaper of AV FH but for 90 minutes. Did they not learn anything from last week?

how pathetic were we passing back and sideways all game
Totally we watching the gane and could predict where the ball was gonna go next. Either dier to Romero who will hold on to the ball for ages at walking pace and he’d give it back to dier. There was one sequence where they must have knocked it between themselves at least 10 times. We complain about other teams wasting time but we wasted so much time absolutely f all with the ball.

Complete and utter shit performance. Season after season, we can never learn how to pass the fucking ball under any slight bit of pressure.
Bcos last 3 managers basically want to play counter attack football with no build up through the lines especially when we are at home against lower teams. Hence we often make these teams look like prime barca.

I have a little suspect that this squad suffers the pressure.
everytime we have a good momentum in the season and we are close to reach the goal (4th place)
we find matches like yesterday, where every player play too bad to be true

Pretty infuriating that we had a week between the games a couple of days off aside we were not raring to go . This was a real chance to pump up the pressure and as the goons result showed a win would have really put us in the box seat. But no we turn in an abject display not taking charge of our own destiny back hoping others fail and now face a tricky match next week .

And some of you Cunts wanted Potter.

If you want to pay to see anti-football then crack on.

What an embarrassment to football.
Are you serious? Brighton played the better football all game. They passed better , run faster and had purpose to their game. We had nothing no movement, no pace and certainly no intensity. Potters trans play good football and I think most footballs fans would agree. If they could put the ball in the net more they’d be top half easily. Any way the anti football was played by us with dier and Romero just knocking the ball to each at snail pace.

I honestly think the weather made the players too relaxed. The sun was shining, we had top 4 in our hands, everyone was raving about us and the opponent had lost 6 of their last 8 matches. It was a nice warm day against little Brighton and we played like it was a preseason friendly.

I think those two throw-ins where Reguilon took literally a minute to throw the ball, summed it up. There was no urgency, no intensity. They played as if the result didn’t matter. If it had been pissing with rain I think it would have at least made the players ready for battle. But instead the warm sun seemed to put them all to sleep. I think even Conte mentioned the weather in the press conference after, it’s sad that it should be a factor but to me it was obvious. The players played like they were on the beach and CL was already secured.

Ian Wright on Spurs: "I can’t understand the tactics today, they played like an away side! It was very confusing when you consider what they’ve done leading into this game."

If we don’t solve the RWB issue we’re in trouble.

He has to give Moura or Bergwijn a go there. Emerson looks like a competition winner.
How about some thing drastic like just olaying a back 4? Put kulu in the 10 position and play 3 up top.
Conte didn’t even change the formation today and just made like for like subs. We didn’t a back 5 in the 2nd half. It would have been good to see Kane son and berg have a run out. Lucas for all his faults at least pressed and ran at players so moving the ball up the pitch and away from from our shit sleep walking defenders who were in deck chairs all gane.

What was your reaction at spurs full time..then what was it at Southampton Woolwich full time. That says it all. It could have been worse...United closing us didn't help but hopefully Liverpool and Chelsea respectively help us mid week
My reaction was that we've had to rely on others doing us favours (as we will have to do again midweek)
...and in my experience, that NEVER ends well in the long run.

Yes, WE coulda won, and so could the Arse... and we'd be where we are this morning, just with 3 points more...

The point is, we SHOULD have been well clear if them before they even kicked a ball... But as it was, we're praying and hoping for Southampton to do us a favour... That just doesn't sit right with me, for a club with supposed CL aspirations!

I'm also livid that Spurs ruined what was a glorious sunny, feelgood Saturday, until they showed up and stunk the place out!

There, that's how I feel...
Well, you did ask!

Agreed. The golfing holiday between games is a bigger deal than some admit.

Pretty infuriating that we had a week between the games a couple of days off aside we were not raring to go . This was a real chance to pump up the pressure and as the goons result showed a win would have really put us in the box seat. But no we turn in an abject display not taking charge of our own destiny back hoping others fail and now face a tricky match next week .
If that was the Carrot... They all deserve the stick!

The disappointment was the ponderous turgid flat display . Without the front 3 clicking then there is nothing of any creative play .
Emerson , Reggie pig shit and central midfield could never support the attack .
Conte didn't read the situation and had no answer to Potter's technically better , time wasting team .
Conte has so little on the bench , the 2 diddy men Bergy and Lucas are far more miss than hit . I was hoping dreaming that he would coach them and give them a go as wingbacks as we are so poor in these positions. It looks like this will never happen .
Hopefully we can step up next week.

Are you serious? Brighton played the better football all game. They passed better , run faster and had purpose to their game. We had nothing no movement, no pace and certainly no intensity. Potters trans play good football and I think most footballs fans would agree. If they could put the ball in the net more they’d be top half easily. Any way the anti football was played by us with dier and Romero just knocking the ball to each at snail pace.
Does that include the falling over bit every time we had possession...

They strangled the game, a d used spoiling tactics at any opportunity.
Yes, it won them the game, so they won't give a shit, but it was as infuriating to watch as our inability to do anything about it.

I honestly think the weather made the players too relaxed. The sun was shining, we had top 4 in our hands, everyone was raving about us and the opponent had lost 6 of their last 8 matches. It was a nice warm day against little Brighton and we played like it was a preseason friendly.

I think those two throw-ins where Reguilon took literally a minute to throw the ball, summed it up. There was no urgency, no intensity. They played as if the result didn’t matter. If it had been pissing with rain I think it would have at least made the players ready for battle. But instead the warm sun seemed to put them all to sleep. I think even Conte mentioned the weather in the press conference after, it’s sad that it should be a factor but to me it was obvious. The players played like they were on the beach and CL was already secured.
It did have a pre-Season feel to it.... Not one of the players seemed to have ANY urgency to get a win.

The fact Sonny, Kulu and Bentancur all came off speaks volumes...
They've been 3 of our best players in our recent good run. But no one was at it yesterday....
Were they all pissed? Or just gorged on Easter eggs?

Weird day, really weird.
Such a shame, cos the feelgood factor beforehand was like the Everton game just before the CL Final..

Maybe they needed us all to bee a bit more nervous, and not so confident going I into the game.

I know I'm not making that mistake again!!

It's all doom and gloom from now on... At least I won't be disappointed!

See you for the relegation scrap!

of all the players you criticise Hojbjerg??

Romero, Emerson, Reguillon, Davies, Bentancur, Kulusevksi, Kane were all comfortably worse
Inthe PEH was our “best” player certainly showed for the ball much more than benta who basically disappears and offer very littkebto the defenders for an option.

Back
Top Bottom