Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Theyre compensating and doubling down. Mix of Levy fanboys. The Poch era was one of the most stable, successful eras at the club in modern time. We was one of the most fittest, creative and deadly clubs and on our day could beat any team in the world.

Then Poch asked for a rebuild to rejuvinate a tired team, and was sacked. There were many on here that thought Poch was holding back the team, and that Levy would lead us to greatness and now they have perpetual egg on their faces.

And now we are lost club with no ethos, philosophy in anything we do, just throwing millions at celebrity managers in the hope we can somehow cling on to that former glory
What "former glory"?
We won nothing with Poch for 5 years

What "former glory"?
We won nothing with Poch for 5 years

So what other manager in modern times helped guide us to a CL final? Go on, I'll wait. Stop under-rating Poch's achievements with us.

Our expectations under Poch were not as high as they now are, and the reason we now expect more is because of what the team were doing under him!

Nobody, and I mean nobody, thought we'd get to a CL final with Pochettino, or achieve those league finishes that he did.

There is no need to reply as there is no debate to be had here. I'm right, that's it, goodbye, the end, ciao ciao!

:dwi:

So what other manager in modern times helped guide us to a CL final? Go on, I'll wait. Stop under-rating Poch's achievements with us.

Our expectations under Poch were not as high as they now are, and the reason we now expect more is because of what the team were doing under him!

Nobody, and I mean nobody, thought we'd get to a CL final with Pochettino, or achieve those league finishes that he did.

There is no need to reply as there is no debate to be had here. I'm right, that's it, goodbye, the end, ciao ciao!

If you can’t appreciate the ride we had under Poch then I really wonder if you can enjoy football at all, it was the first and only time I actually thought we might win a title or CL. To watch us for 2-3 seasons batter teams even the like of financial dopers at home like City and Chelsea was a fucking joy to watch, some of the football was brilliant and brutal. It came to a sad end by the memories will live.

I only hope we can go one better under Conte but that will take a lot of money.

Fucking clappy hands here. What he did to this club deserves legendary status.
did he make mistakes, yeah but the man who makes no mistakes makes nothing.
and he allowed me to give it to any other fucker big time.

Great we came second and almost nearly won a cup.

One to tell the kids about I'm sure.

"Ahhh I remember them days Jimbo we got beaten to the title by Leicester and lost every cup final them was the glory days"

"Ahhh I remember them days Jimbo we got beaten to the title by Leicester and lost every cup final them was the glory days"

More than any other manager in recent history for spurs did - Poch changed the game for us, and raised expectations at the club.

What were you expecting? For us to do a Man City or Chavski and win everything on sight on about a tenth of their budget?

If you didn't enjoy that ride under Poch, you ain't a spurs fan, you're a goof. Don't reply to me again unless its with a strong apology and an offer to lick my bum.

And yet that is well beyond anything we have achieved in decades so what does that make all our other managers in that time? You do realise you support a club with very limited resources that has been net spend zero for ages (excluding last few seasons).

If you are expecting better that what we had you might be waiting for a few more decades.

And yet that is well beyond anything we have achieved in decades so what does that make all our other managers in that time? You do realise you support a club with very limited resources that has been net spend zero for ages (excluding last few seasons).

If you are expecting better that what we had you might be waiting for a few more decades.
Wigan, Portsmouth and Everton have all won a FA Cup more recently than we have.
Swansea and Birmingham City have won league cups more recently than we have.
Leicester have won a title.

All clubs with smaller budgets, all have won more than we did under Poch.

Wigan, Portsmouth and Everton have all won a FA Cup more recently than we have.
Swansea and Birmingham City have won league cups more recently than we have.
Leicester have won a title.

All clubs with smaller budgets, all have won more than we did under Poch.

So, what FA cup did we win under Redknapp or AVB or Jose?

Under Poch we went for the league and CL and mostly top 4 which generated large cash for our club but without we would have much large debt on our stadium. Would you have rather we got no CL in that time period playing all the worlds best teams with Great football and instead one won FA cup or maybe one League Cup.

Maybe a single cup win?

Perhaps that's too much to ask, though, and we should just go another 14 years without a trophy since we've already established that winning nothing is actually glorious.

How did Pochettino compare with most other managers we've had in the last twenty years?

Pretty fucking favourably!

Grow up and sort yourself out boyo.

So, what FA cup did we win under Redknapp or AVB or Jose?

Under Poch we went for the league and CL and mostly top 4 which generated large cash for our club but without we would have much large debt on our stadium. Would you have rather we got no CL in that time period playing all the worlds best teams with Greta football and instead one won FA cup or maybe one League Cup.
I mean, what's the argument here, it's ok to win nothing because AVB won nothing?

Using the CL is no excuse, I mean can we really not beat the likes of Gent and Colchester because of the top 4 race?

How did Pochettino compare with most other managers we've had in the last twenty years?

Pretty fucking favourably!

Grow up and sort yourself out boyo.
Oh dear, this is a step-down before it was all about how glorious and fantastic Poch is.

Now we're defending him because he did better than AVB and Nuno.

I mean, what's the argument here, it's ok to win nothing because AVB won nothing?

Using the CL is no excuse, I mean can we really not beat the likes of Gent and Colchester because of the top 4 race?

Ok so Ramos is now our best manager because he one a League Cup then. Maybe follow Wigan and win an FA cup and get relegated would that be good.

Ok so Ramos is now our best manager because he one a League Cup then. Maybe follow Wigan and win an FA cup and get relegated would that be good.
Ramos achieved more trophy wins than Poch yes that's not exactly something to cheer about.

Do you seriously think if we were to go for an FA Cup we would be relegated, is that what you're suggesting?

Ramos achieved more trophy wins than Poch yes that's not exactly something to cheer about.

Do you seriously think if we were to go for an FA Cup we would be relegated, is that what you're suggesting?

No but you seem to think a cup is all that matters, an FA cup at that not a CL.

The club managed to get a good first 11 but still had a weak bench. We put all our eggs in the top 4 CL basket and we got that 4 times in a row, something we have never come close to achiving before.

The clubs main ambitious this season is guess what top 4 and the season will be considered a success if we get it. If you want a manager who prioritise cups then it’s likely Levy will tell you to fuck off.

There was a lot Poch could have done better but I don’t think you can argue against this. I wasn’t convinced about him in the transfer market, loaning out/developing our young players or him being able to turn around bad runs. Plus he loved to whore himself about and rarely committed to the club.

I guess I just can’t forgive him for coming out with him saying he’d leave the club on the eve of the champions league final. Plus our preparations for that game were all wrong. I was there that day it is was unbelievably hot. Liverpool were out there a whole week before the final getting used to the conditions and we flew out a couple of days before. That and start Kane. It was the biggest game in our history and he completely fucked it. Just like he did in most big games.

But I won’t forget him making me prouder to be a spurs fan than I have been before or after.

There was a lot Poch could have done better but I don’t think you can argue against this. I wasn’t convinced about him in the transfer market, loaning out/developing our young players or him being able to turn around bad runs. Plus he loved to whore himself about and rarely committed to the club.

I guess I just can’t forgive him for coming out with him saying he’d leave the club on the eve of the champions league final. Plus our preparations for that game were all wrong. I was there that day it is was unbelievably hot. Liverpool were out there a whole week before the final getting used to the conditions and we flew out a couple of days before. That and start Kane. It was the biggest game in our history and he completely fucked it. Just like he did in most big games.

Yeah I was very disappointed, obviously, with how it all ended. :)

Back
Top Bottom