Come here to laugh at the Geordies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eddie's done brilliantly. Happy for him, his work at Bournemouth was fantastic (took them up the lower leagues, got involved himself financially at that level because the club were struggling) and he deserves a bit of recognition.

Eddie's done brilliantly. Happy for him, his work at Bournemouth was fantastic (took them up the lower leagues, got involved himself financially at that level because the club were struggling) and he deserves a bit of recognition.

Fuck him.... He's an enabler.

Like him as a manager although hard to look past those medieval dopers that run the club he manages.

Fuck him.... He's an enabler.

If I hated everyone who got involved in clubs with horrid ownership there would be very few people left to praise in the entirety of football. He's doing a good job as a manager and he's a coach I've liked for a while, it's nice to see an English manager with a progressive style of play securing a big job.

I still love Poch too, despite him taking the PSG job. Fact is 99% of the managers & players in the game will take these jobs.

If I hated everyone who got involved in clubs with horrid ownership there would be very few people left to praise in the entirety of football. He's doing a good job as a manager and he's a coach I've liked for a while, it's nice to see an English manager with a progressive style of play securing a big job.

I still love Poch too, despite him taking the PSG job. Fact is 99% of the managers & players in the game will take these jobs.

It's not a matter of "hate".

I shan't be dishing out any "love", "happiness", "recognition" or flowers though.

Re: Poch - The one differentiator is that he already had strong links to the club..... Still leaves a stain though.

It's not a matter of hate.

I shan't be dishing out any "love", "happiness", "recognition" or flowers though.

Re: Poch - The one dfferentiator is that he already had strong links to the club..... Still leaves a stain though.

I'm not saying I love him, just happy on a football level that he's doing well as a coach. I think it's a shame he took a job associated with those owners, but recognise that this has been normalised in the sport and don't really hold the likes of Howe or Guardiola as the ones accountable. I know you view them as 'enablers' and that's fine, but for me it's a case of looking higher up.

Poch used to play for PSG when they were a normal club. Big difference there. Also, Poch is the same guy who refused the Barca offer because of his links to Espanyol. So Howe is not even close to Poch's morals.

Poch used to play for PSG when they were a normal club. Big difference there. Also, Poch is the same guy who refused the Barca offer because of his links to Espanyol. So Howe is not even close to Poch's morals.

So if Howe had played for Newcastle in his youth he gets a pass? And refusing Barca because he played for Espanyol was admirable, but that's a different type of morality. I have very little doubt in my mind that Poch would take the City job if available.

Howe took a job which was a big step up in his career and a colossal opportunity for him due to the resources now available. I don't think a single manager in his position would have rejected the role due to moral reasons.

I'm not saying I love him, just happy on a football level that he's doing well as a coach. I think it's a shame he took a job associated with those owners, but recognise that this has been normalised in the sport......

I recognise; I just don't accept.

and don't really hold the likes of Howe or Guardiola as the ones accountable. I know you view them as 'enablers' and that's fine, but for me it's a case of looking higher up.

It starts higher up; absolutely; but if players and managers don't sign contracts with these scum-bags and take the blood money, they won't get very far with their agenda.

Last edited:
So if Howe had played for Newcastle in his youth he gets a pass? And refusing Barca because he played for Espanyol was admirable, but that's a different type of morality. I have very little doubt in my mind that Poch would take the City job if available.

Howe took a job which was a big step up in his career and a colossal opportunity for him due to the resources now available. I don't think a single manager in his position would have rejected the role due to moral reasons.
Did it actually even happen? I thought it was one of those things that was just fanfic that got repeated often enough people just forgot it wasn't actually true?

He said in an interview years ago he wouldn't ever manage Woolwich due to his Spurs links and how this was similar to never managing Barca due to his Espanyol links, but a few years later didn't he backtrack and say that things change and never say never? Everything beyond that is just speculation and supposition.

Did it actually even happen? I thought it was one of those things that was just fanfic that got repeated often enough people just forgot it wasn't actually true?

He said in an interview years ago he wouldn't ever manage Woolwich due to his Spurs links and how this was similar to never managing Barca due to his Espanyol links, but a few years later didn't he backtrack and say that things change and never say never? Everything beyond that is just speculation and supposition.

Yeah, probably to be honest. If he was struggling for work at any point and Barcelona came along with an offer I'm a little doubtful he'd reject. Players/coaches in football are usually principled up to the point where it might hurt their career. The ones who are legitimately 'romantic' about the game seem to be a very rare breed.

.....Whatever their reasons; a number of managers turned down the now richest club in the world before Howe got the offer.

.....Whatever their reasons; a number of managers turned down the now richest club in the world before Howe got the offer.

And you and I both know none of those reasons had anything to do with their ownership. Those managers were settled at good teams. Howe was unemployed and the only confirmed offer he'd had was to go manage in fucking Scotland.

Back
Top Bottom