Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He isn't a RWB though. He's a right back that's being played out of position doing a fairly good job. I don't actually disagree with a lot of the points, he certainly isn't the best player but we kinda live in a world where a player either has to be amazing or rubbish. You can't just have a standard player anymore. Matt Doherty was someone who has shown that being played in the correct position (RWB) helps a hell of a lot compared to being played at RB. Emerson doesn't actually put in many poor performances so I don't know why it gets built up about him getting rinsed in this game.

I remember when Emerson played his first game against Crystal Palace, he'd only been here for about 3 days and was thrown in at the deep end. We lost 3-0 and he was dubbed the worst signing ever.
Yes you are spot on, he is the best RB in the PL, he is so comfortable with the ball, so elegant running with the ball, forward progressive passing, dream footballer. He always performs gives his best and his forward runs and crossing are second to none. He is the only player in the team who never passes sideway or back.

Conte’s Spurs have attacking weapons to derail Liverpool quadruple hopes

Saturday night brings stiffest league game left for Jürgen Klopp, and December’s wild draw shows how his side can be hurt

4282.jpg

The December draw kickstarted Harry Kane’s season – he had one league goal and one assist before it but has scored 12 and made seven since.

In fairness to royale his defensive side is better than his offensive. He doesn’t make rash tackles like aurier. He might actually be useful for 90 minutes just defending….
I think Salah plays on the opposite side , cutting in on his left foot . So luckily he will be up against , oh our other wing backs on the left are pony as well.

Fuck me has he got to mark all three ? What are the other defenders doing ?Having a quick cuppa?
As a RB you'd be surprised how often you end up marking two or three players. Their winger comes up, their striker drops wide behind the CBs into the space and the oppo LB comes through into the box as well. CBs don't want to leave the central positions and a hole in the middle so don't come out to help, winger and midfielders don't track back properly. Wouldn't surprise me to actually see this happen tonight with how they play

Arrive in town at lunchtime. Will get a bus to the shithole my hotel then back into town. Not sure what I fancy to eat yet. Then it's a few real ales. Hopefully the odd chocolate one accompanied by a barmaid wink.

Son is extreme outlier.
For every Son there is number of Jannsens, Soldados, Lamelas, Ndombeles, Sessegnons, Nkoudous, Nijes and so on and so on.

It is obvious rule that who are shit to begin with will remain shit. We can't just keep every poor player and expect miracle to happen. I love Son and it might not be popular opinion, but as team if we would have cut our losses with 10 shit players, replaced them with better ones early and would have lost Son in process, we could have been better off.

“It is obvious rule that who are shit to begin with will remain shit.”

This is exactly what I’m talking about. Your practical football knowledge must almost be zero to say that.

So for instance Salah and De Bruyne at Chelsea?
Bale at Spurs? Should have got rid of him to Forest when we had a chance? Start badly - sell immediately!!

Fuck me man!! This is what I’m talking about.

There is no “obvious rule” in a football players development.

If we had played in the Champions League on Tuesday night and then home today, do you think we would be playing at 1230 or 745?
It’s the only time it’s ever happened , I believe. Utter joke , especially for the travelling fans

What’s wrong with a 5:30 KO? It’s what all other clubs have to deal with

Almost impossible to consider getting a result knowing we’ll start with two championship bottlers (Hoj and Sess) plus a conference south mess at RB

It’s the only time it’s ever happened , I believe. Utter joke , especially for the travelling fans

What’s wrong with a 5:30 KO? It’s what all other clubs have to deal with
Two hours extra makes zero difference to their recovery. A midday is different….

Does mean they get it under lights so arguably a better atmosphere

Back
Top Bottom