EFL Promotion & Relegation

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really hope Millwall do it this season. Honestly what do teams like Fulham and Bournemouth add to the Premier League? Same old same old.

The MSM and Twitter would go into meltdown. Would be hilarious for a season.

If Forest didn’t have that utter shite start of the season, I think they would have easily won automatic promotion.

Looks like Huddersfield, Luton and Nottingham are in good form going into the playoffs, so it’ll be quite interesting. I hope it’s Forest who comes up, have a soft spot for them, also they KOed the scum out of FA Cup :adegrin:

Can’t believe Luton manager won manger of the year, a good chance cooper is going to get forest up and he had 8 games less as manager. (He might even get automatic if Bournemouth draw another game)

Didn't they get bought out as part of some yank reality TV show?

How's that panning out?
Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenny bought it and it's been doing well. Owners have been very visible, put in a lot of money so far. They've even promoted the welsh language using welsh subtitles and some spoken phrases in some of their social media promos and stuff.

Working out well on field too - Wrexham have reached the FA trophy final and they are second in the league, behind Stockport.

Forest right on Bournemouth’s heels now. Incredible recovery from their awful start to the season. 3 points in it. 3 to play. They still play each other.

League 1 still all to play for too going into the final round. Some big clubs like Sheff Wed and Sunderland trying to scrape into the playoffs.

AFC Wimbledon so close to the drop…

:avbfu:

So, League One done and dusted today. Wigan and Rotherham go up. Sheff Wed, MK Dons, Sunderland and Wycombe in the play offs. Wimbledon and Gillingham go down along with Doncaster and Crewe.

Sheff Wed and Sunderland will be relatively huge. I fancy one of those to come up. Both far too big to be L1.

A few years back a friend of mine said his old team mate from Spain was up at Leeds at their academy and we should maybe look to organise a visit up there. Never managed to get round to it unfortunately.

That guy is now 3 games off from leading a team into the premier league having learnt his trade under Bielsa…… crazy rise for him.

Hope he does it.

Bournemouth vs Forest tonight. Who wins this is going for the auto promotion imo.
Forest away is far more interesting than Bournemouth, which is basically just a glorified plastic non league stadium. But… at Bournemouth you do get very close to the players which is quite cool. Need 6,582 loyalty points mind for a ticket.

Final day for Champo and L2 today. Most key movements are confirmed apart from Champo playoffs. I’d be happy to see any of Forest, Luton or Sheff Utd in the PL for different reasons.

In the L1 playoffs, Sunderland beat Sheff Wed 1-0 so the second leg on Monday night is set up beautifully. That will be a quality old school game at Hillsborough.

Promotion to the EFL remains interesting. Wrexham play Stockport tomorrow. If the latter win, they’ll be up.

Final day for Champo and L2 today. Most key movements are confirmed apart from Champo playoffs. I’d be happy to see any of Forest, Luton or Sheff Utd in the PL for different reasons.

In the L1 playoffs, Sunderland beat Sheff Wed 1-0 so the second leg on Monday night is set up beautifully. That will be a quality old school game at Hillsborough.

Promotion to the EFL remains interesting. Wrexham play Stockport tomorrow. If the latter win, they’ll be up.
L2 title/automatic promotion/play-offs is very interesting and beautifully complicated - loads of variables. Shame none of it is on TV until tonight.

I think Wrexham will end up rueing the performance at Woking a couple of weeks back. Not normally a fan of monied teams (with one notable exception, of course...) but I'd like to see them up, although I have no problem with Stockport going up too. Big club for that league.

Edit re the National League - they still have between 1 and 3 games left per club - the season doesn't end today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom